• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man dissolved in acidic water at Yellowstone after he slips into pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

commedieu

Banned
Titannica claims yet another victim...

twlUWcA.gif
Mr show?

Kids in the hall?

Foggy memory but memory none the less...

Kevtones

I want a documentary that is just Werner Hernog talking to a camera for two hours after having seen the video.

It twas at dis very moment where the young man chose to make a selfie. But… This selfie remains an unexposed digitalism, as the young man twas boiled by his acidic traitor, and into oblivion's poetry.

Regginator

I just woke up so maybe my sense of humour hasn't started yet, but some posts here are fucking filthy. A man died here (albeit half a year ago) in one of the worst ways imaginable, and some here react by some shitty overused memes?

I went to Yellowstone after hiking at Glacier National. Boy - it's really sad that people can't take warning signs seriously.

Given the heat and acidity, I'm guessing it went pretty fast. But yeah, that's...not a good way to go. I don't like getting the water in a hot tub in my eyes, boiling acid is probably not pleasant.

Fast but very far from instant. 200 degrees is not going to immediately kill anyone. It's lower than the boiling point of water.

I kind of regret posting that, but it was late and i didn't really think about it at the time. That said i deal with death with humour all the time in real life and it's helped me a lot.

Shredderi

Jesus christ that is horrifying. Goddammit people stop being stupid as fuck and don't go to unauthorized areas in areas like that.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I kind of regret posting that, but it was late and i didn't really think about it at the time. That said i deal with death with humour all the time in real life and it's helped me a lot.

But you didn't know the guy in real life, so that's utterly irrelevant?

Regardless, I'm sure this guy's family would be very glad to know you managed to settle upon an appropriate coping mechanism when it comes to "dealing with death" by making shitty jokes at the expense of a complete stranger who was literally boiled alive. Bottom line, you were trying to make a shitty joke. Don't try to frame it as a more sensitive issue.

If this guy was shot or drowned, people on this forum would attempt to react to his death with some degree of class. But because people feel the man died in an appropriately "wacky" way (despite said way being fucking horrifying), they feel they have the liberty to post disgusting shit like this...

It's fucking grotesque.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It doesn't matter how large the sign or the frequent the warnings, some people just will never listen or see the imminent and fatal consequences of their actions. I remember a dude climbing the fence at Six Flags to retrieve the flip flop he lost on the roller coaster, which happened to still be right under said roller coaster. Signs everywhere and you figure its obvious that you're just out of luck but nope he went for it even.

danowat

Banned
I went to Hverir in Iceland a couple of months ago, literally pools of sulphric acid mud, melts your shoes in seconds!

20161007_132606_zps3wy5yqd1.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Okay seriously. This is not the first story like this. Other people have died horrible deaths doing the exact same thing before.

It's tragic, but why the fuck are people still insisting on doing this?

norm9

There's a bit too much eagerness to mock this man's death, even if it was caused by his own stupidity.

If not this guy, then who?

Our own mortality is a serious subject since we presumably live only once and weve all experienced tragedy either in our own family or someone we know has. So when one's solo shot at living is cut short by very very avoidable actions, I think it's fair game to poke fun just a little bit. I don't think any of the ribbing has been too acidic.

Hale-XF11

Ever since I first visited Yellowstone as a kid, this has been my worst nightmare. I remember walking on the wet planks with no guard rails, shitting my pants as I slowly walked and sometimes crawled along the path through the pools. I feel a slight on-set panic attack just thinking about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom