• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Man of Steel was a revelatory experience. Seeing it I suddenly felt what Neil Armstrong must have felt when he first set foot on the moon. A wave of emotion washed over me and all I'd ever known was turned on its head. This movie shook me to my very core and made me question not only my own existence, but also every truth and value I've held dear my whole life.

Man of Steel changed my life.

I agree. I felt the same. I left the theater, Just feeling different about life in general.

Edit: Oh I got trolled, I thought I found someone who understood what I felt. :(
Solo!!!!!!!!!!!!

jett

D-Member
Who is syaing this movie is perfect?

I even said it has issues in my review, mainly editing and pacing issues, there is no such thing as a perfect movie.

The haters of this movie that treats it like the worse movie ever made are even worse man.

The don't act surprised someone didn't like a part of the movie. Not like I'm the only one that didn't like the Krypton stuff.

I agree. I felt the same. I left the theater, Just feeling different about life in general.

Edit: Oh I got trolled, I thought I found someone who understood what I felt. :(
Solo!!!!!!!!!!!!

raredaigofootage3u4c.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I really hope I don't have to sit through a shit ton of trailers that I have already seen on my computer before the movie starts. I haven't seen a film in lieMax before so I'm not sure how that works.

Wtf couldn't this be on the real Imax without 3D ugh NYC

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I really hope I don't have to sit through a shit ton of trailers that I have already seen on my computer before the movie starts. I haven't seen a film in lieMax before so I'm not sure how that works.

Seeing the Pacific Rim trailer in lieMax was pretty fucking awesome even if I had already seen it a billion times on my computer. Hell I was just ecstatic that I could see MoS on any premium screen without having to endure 3D

Raptor

The don't act surprised someone didn't like a part of the movie. Not like I'm the only one that didn't like the Krypton stuff.

When you start to call it pure garbage and shit of course I will jump, is just not possible, CGI was very good, the action was good, Jor.El was badass, etc, you may not like it for subjective reasons but getting mad because some of us jump at your hyperbolic stuff?

Come on, if we are going to play we have to play fair.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Seeing the Pacific Rim trailer in lieMax was pretty fucking awesome even if I had already seen it a billion times on my computer. Hell I was just ecstatic that I could see MoS on any premium screen without having to endure 3D

Yea I'm happy about not having to see it in 3D, makes me want to puke no matter the movie and I look forward to that trailer, but the ticket still cost like $21 since it's only playing at 3pm :(

Fucking 3D real Imax tomorrow at 9 something is cheaper lol

When you start to call it pure garbage and shit of course I will jump, is just not possible, CGI was very good, the action was good, Jor.El was badass, etc, you may not like it for subjective reasons but getting mad because some of us jump at your hyperbolic stuff?

That scene that was in the trailer when Jor-el is on the balcony looking at his home planet being ravaged, The look on his face spoke a thousand words. He sometimes mails in performances, but he took this so serious.

3N16MA

Banned

I only got Elysium and Pacific Rim. PR was pretty amazing.

Matrix

How many of those Gifs do you have?

You just have to fight back!

tumblr_m1s0kdWRXQ1r5308zo1_500.gif

"I only got Elysium and Pacific Rim. PR was pretty amazing. "

Nice, two is great. I can deal with that, hopefully that's the case.

jett

D-Member

Play fair? You read what you wanted to read. I said "the Krypton shit", like the Krypton stuff, not "Krypton is shit". Nor did I call it pure garbage, you jumped on me for no reason, saying Returns was more to my liking. :lol I did call Krypton NOISE, and that it was, white noise, nonstop action/destruction for which I gave no fucks over at all. Similar to other scenes in the movie.

It was kinda garbage, though.

3N16MA

Banned
Play fair? You read what you wanted to read. I said "the Krypton shit", like the Krypton stuff, not "Krypton is shit". Nor did I call it pure garbage, you jumped on me for no reason, saying Returns was more to my liking. :lol I did call Krypton NOISE, and that it was, white noise, nonstop action for which I gave no fucks over at all.

The best thing to come out of the Krypton opening was Zod going ape shit near the end.

Raptor

Play fair? You read what you wanted to read. I said "the Krypton shit", like the Krypton stuff, not "Krypton is shit". Nor did I call it pure garbage, you jumped on me for no reason, saying Returns was more to my liking. :lol I did call Krypton NOISE, and that it was, white noise, nonstop action/destruction for which I gave no fucks over at all. Similar to other scenes in the movie.

Same thing, all that stuff was great, maybe you just not were in mood or something, maybe you just plain didn't like it at all, but it was NOT garbage at all, not a single thing in that was bad nor garbage.

I miss your tag :p

OK, the gifs are hilarious-- but I flat out loved everything on Krypton. If it weren't for the OOT desctruction in the end, I probably wouldn't have any complaints. Including dialogue, including the "controversial" moment, any of it.

I just got a little numb with all the buildings going down. Same problem I had with Avengers, actually.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Same thing, all that stuff was great, maybe you just not were in mood or something, maybe you just plain didn't like it at all, but it was NOT garbage at all, not a single thing in that was bad nor garbage.

I miss your tag :p

The shakeycam usage was pretty bad

Despite being mixed on the film, im going to see it again with another friend tomorrow. Interested to see if my opinion improves or lessens on the second viewing. I will say though that the more I've thought on it, the more disappointed I've become in how it turned out.

Top Bottom