• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

strafer

Apologies for the tumblr gifs.

tumblr_mnzrxiQVcV1s3e82xo1_250.gif
tumblr_mnzrxiQVcV1s3e82xo4_250.gif

tumblr_mnzrxiQVcV1s3e82xo3_250.gif
tumblr_mnzrxiQVcV1s3e82xo2_250.gif

Some better subtitles:

Man of Steel |OT| A Christopher Nolan Film on that bus!!!

Man of Steel |OT| From the Producer of the TDK Trilogy on that bus!!

Man of Steel |OT| Batman Presents...on that bus!!

Man of Steel |OT| Snyder Helped...Maybe

These are godly.

Solo

How big are the chances you will like this movie Solo? :p

How am I supposed to answer that? I'll let you know after I see it, which currently is looking like it will be the Sunday on opening weekend.

EDIT: for those who didn't get it, my last post was my Korey review.

strafer

How am I supposed to answer that? I'll let you know after I see it, which currently is looking like it will be the Sunday on opening weekend.

EDIT: for those who didn't get it, my last post was my Korey review.

Sorry. I was just asking.

This is a cool infographic.

superman-infographic-FULL.jpg

At this point in the game I'll be masterbating openly throughout the film if anyone wants the location and showtime information.

This is a sure bet for greatness.

GamerXXX

Banned
$100 mil for the 3-day is better than a lot were calling in the B.O. threads just a month ago. Awareness is definitely up.

MOS is apparently outselling IM3 according to fandango, at the same stage before release.. How much did IM3 make? 200m+ opening w/e? I think it's gonna do more than 100m!

MOS is apparently outselling IM3 according to fandango, at the same stage before release.. How much did IM3 make? 200m+ opening w/e? I think it's gonna do more than 100m!

I don't remember IM3 having tickets for purchase 3 weeks in advance though right? I bought mine 2 weeks ago.

I personally think WB is lowballing the projections so they'll seem a little more successful, financially, when the following Monday rolls around, but even IF the projections are spot on, a lot of people back in may were figuring Man of Steel would top out around 70-80 mil in it's opening weekend.

And as has been pointed out previously - Iron Man 3's pre-sales were hindered by a fight between Disney and 3 major theater chains that prevented pre-sale ticketing for most of the month preceding its release.

Not that it seemed to matter :)

Solo

Does anyone remember that Amy Adams was in season one of Smallville? She was one of the freaks of the week.

Everyone was in Smallville. At least 2 actresses nominated for Best Actress (Adams and Jessica Chastain). Hell, half of the people on other CW shows were in Smallville first (both male leads from The Vampire Diaries, one of the Supernatural leads, the Beauty and the Beast lead, etc).

Bought my (legit)IMAX tickets a week ago for the midnight showing. I'm gonna show up an hour early so I can get seats dead center.

He's going to save us. All of us.

GamerXXX

Banned
I personally think WB is lowballing the projections so they'll seem a little more successful, financially, when the following Monday rolls around, but even IF the projections are spot on, a lot of people back in may were figuring Man of Steel would top out around 70-80 mil in it's opening weekend.

And as has been pointed out previously - Iron Man 3's pre-sales were hindered by a fight between Disney and 3 major theater chains that prevented pre-sale ticketing for most of the month preceding its release.

Not that it seemed to matter :)

i still think what fandango reports is pretty impressive, that MOS is outpacing IM3 at this very same stage before release. Not only this, but MOS has 100 global promotional partners (170 million in support). They mention 'The Lorax' was known to have over the top partners and it had 70; MOS 100.

Having said this, re-boots don't fare that well at box office it seems; Batman Begins made like 40-50m i believe, in it's opening w/e. I still feel MOS will surprise to the upside. I predict 140mm

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm kind of disappointed with the OT's title so generic. Even something as stupid as "Time to join him in the sun" would have been better. Mister hero I am disappoint.

Bought my (legit)IMAX tickets a week ago for the midnight showing. I'm gonna show up an hour early so I can get seats dead center.

He's going to save us. All of us.

LOL

Master Thespian thinks 1 hour will be enough advance time.

My IMAX has reserved seating. I got them two weeks ago in Montreal but people already managed to get the centre seats. I'm not too far to the right but a little bit.

I've seen movies from an even worse angle, so not too worried.

TEJ

Having said this, re-boots don't fare that well at box office it seems; Batman Begins made like 40-50m i believe, in it's opening w/e. I still feel MOS will surprise to the upside. I predict 140mm

well batman begins was coming off batman and robin, and nolan wasn't that well known. Nolan is now a much bigger name, which is why they are plastering it all over the advertisements.

well batman begins was coming off batman and robin, and nolan wasn't that well known. Nolan is now a much bigger name, which is why they are plastering it all over the advertisements.

i think 7 years was enough time to wash the palate clean. Even for a turd burger like B&R.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
One of these new juniors is gonna self-destruct by spoiling MoS. I'd be careful guys.

Superman doesn't die. JGL as Robin shows up but Superman turns down his help saying "this is something I have to do on my own". After credits scene is Superman's son bursting out of Lois like a scene from Alien. Fade to black.

TEJ

i think 7 years was enough time to wash the palate clean. Even for a turd burger like B&R.

even so, Nolan wasn't that well known. With the success of TDK, came the much bigger than expected success of Inception due to the Nolan name, and even without Heath Ledgers Joker TDKR's did slightly more than TDK.

We'll see if Nolans name still pulls weight when Interstellar comes out.

Top Bottom