• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Sorry I missed your post! The answer is...
No, Lex is not seen but there are a couple of nods to him be it the LexCorp building or LexCorp on various vehicles and such.

Aside from what we know...well...there's
Kelex and Kelor, voiced by Carla Gugino, who are Jor-El's service robots.
. Some of the action felt like it was ripped from the JLU animated series in how Superman and co go smashing through buildings and such.

If by achieving wonders you mean coming home and grabbing a red sheet to throw around my shoulders and my fists on my hips....only for my wife to laugh at the beer gut in my Superman t shirt....
yes, yes I will.

how dare she.

Yep. Time to abandon thread. Spoilerz ahoy.

GXPYccj.gif

it's not really spoilers at all. there's no detail per se.

Simo

How would it rank against the other Superman movies?

Well...
  • Man Of Steel
  • Superman
  • Superman II

Love the first Superman movie but rewatching it and yeah, it's quite dated. Seriously the amount of action in MOS is crazy. The 3rd act easily tops The Avenger's.

Simo

You answered one of my questions.

What is your favorite thing about this movie ?

What did you like about the movie ?

Favorite and like? I'd say Cavill as Superman. He really IS Superman, like a Jim Lee drawing come to life. I was uncertain about him as I've only seen bits of The Tudors but he surprised me and nailed the part.

I love how they do some of the flying scenes. At times the camera feels like it's mounted to his back so when he's flying and zipping around buildings if really does give the sense you're flying with Superman.

TEJ

spoiler tag that! I try to be as vague as I can when asking spoileriffic questions......I may not care too much about spoilers but there are others who do.

KalBalboa

Banned
Simo... does anyone utter "This looks like a job for Superman," or "This is a job for Superman," etc? (Serious question)

My showing was in 3D. Wasn't too bad but the auditorium we saw it in wasn't the largest or best but as often the case the effect kind of wears off with the exception of a few good scenes.
Is it needlessly distracting and annoying or is it just there and no bother?

Simo

Simo... does anyone utter "This looks like a job for Superman," or "This is a job for Superman," etc? (Serious question)
Nope. It's kind of surprising who does utter the whole word "Superman". It got a good chuckle from the audience.

Is it needlessly distracting and annoying or is it just there and no bother?

Just there and no bother. Obviously in the beginning it's really cool but you become so used it you don't really notice it until a few action scenes.

Opening titles were cool in 3D.

I won't touch the ending spoiler until we get a spoiler thread. lol

Spinluck

Well...
  • Man Of Steel
  • Superman
  • Superman II

Love the first Superman movie but rewatching it and yeah, it's quite dated. Seriously the amount of action in MOS is crazy. The 3rd act easily tops The Avenger's.

Not surprising, considering Kal is the Avengers in one.

-Kees-

Mine is having 2D IMAX showings........at 1:10 in the afternoon.

On Fandango it's a seperate listing and just says "The IMAX Experience" for 2D and the 3D Showings say "An IMAX 3D Experience." with the IMAX 3D logo.

Angry Fork

I've only seen 3D in Avatar and Prometheus, both of them I found to be fun/interesting to watch and not a bother. Is the 3D more like Prometheus since it was added in post?

Ohwiseone

So I am working on saturday. However, Best part of that is that I am now off on Friday, when the movie is coming out.

So, I'll go see it friday night.

Its gonna be a long seven days.

Mariolee

This is like a live-action remake of one of the takedowns from Justice League. I need this movie now. One more week is too long.

Top Bottom