• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Dead

well not really...yet
https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/345681740737683456

People love dem drums.

244_578582095520330_1421494989_n.png
Nolan actually in the room.

Called it all along, Nolan ghost wrote and directed the entire film!

VVV Mars VG

Loved it, epic action on a scale like never before.

Reminded me of the first time I saw Superman 2, when the action starts it doesn't stop and I didn't want it to, brutal stuff, it blew my nuts off.

As for the metacritic score, if Gaf raised a problem in games journalism last year its nothing compared to these woefully inaccurate movie reviews.

Wow.

So im not sure if i'm at a place where this was OMG BEST MOVIE EVER but wow this was one wild ride from the second half on.
Before that, while i was enjoying parts of it, i was having problems with how it was paced amd their are some cringe inducing lines but once zod makes his broadcast it's a lot of fun.

I'll expand upon my thoughts in the spoiler thread later, I want to reflect.

I think, love it or not, there's a lot of cool ideas here ripe for more expansion in a sequel. I also agree with whoever said this is very scifi and im glad the superman property Is versatile and allows for something like this to exist

I'm a much bigger Superman fan than anything else and this shits on Marvel movies to me. And i say those as someone who loved them all, there isnt one of them i'd say I didn't enjoy but this is on another level in terms of spectacle.

Shannon was great imo, and i thought there was quite a lot of humor too.

My favorite superhero movie since the first Iron Man! Saw it with my little sister before she goes off to college. She's a big fan of Supes thanks to Smallville. I understand the criticisms, but I personally did not see those things as negatives. Will see again, without hype goggles.

Scoured all reviews on gaf

Its

3:4:3

3 loved it and it met and/or exceeded expectations

4 liked it and it just met their expectation but they had some serious issues with some parts

3 just did not like it, too many issues to like the film

Fergie

Banned
Loved it, live fight's straight out of comic or cartoons, felt too much at times. Madness.
The plot was alright at best, Lois felt unneeded at times. And that ending.

Totakeke

Its

4 liked it and it just met their expectation but they had some serious issues with some parts

If the RT score was around 70% I'd take it, but 57%, eff that. Completely undeserved.

Let's hope this makes a billion!
But in all seriousness, we need context. What are the projections for this if it does those numbers?
We cannot allow fucking IM3 of all things to top Superman.

people that I didn't think were Superman fans let alone comic book character fans are hyped for it. (all cute girld too wonder why.... :D )

I wonder if this Clark has a college degree.... didn't seem like it... hee hee

I wondered that as well.
considering that within his DNA he has genes for scientist, warrior, artist, builder, etc i'm sure subjects like math and writing must come easily for him with his more advanced alien brain. remember he was reading plato when he got bullied by those boys and he was about 12-13 then

Dead

well not really...yet

Its

Are you only counting full paragraph length reviews or something?

I got back a little while ago, me nor the lady enjoyed it. Let me state that I'm not the biggest superman fan but I think the action in this movie is really good but I did not like anything else about it. I can't go into more without spoilers but I was really let down.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I enjoyed the movie. I'm not a big fan of the Superman character usually, but this was an enjoyable film.

Did I miss anything after the credits?

MisterHero

I enjoyed the movie. I'm not a big fan of the Superman character usually, but this was an enjoyable film.

Did I miss anything after the credits?
DURING THE MOVIE

Wayne Enterprises logo appears on a satellite. I couldn't see it though.

LexCorp appears in background.

Booster Gold's comic company appears in background.

A pod in the Kryptonian scout ship is open. Kara Zor-El?

Who else uses a "World Engine"? Mongul!

those last three are giant stretches though

TEJ

Saw it

wasn't perfect but I loved it

the ending in particular put a big goofy smile on my face. I say bring on MoS2!

DURING THE MOVIE

Wayne Enterprises logo appears on a satellite. I couldn't see it though.

LexCorp appears in background.

Booster Gold's comic company appears in background.

A pod in the Kryptonian scout ship is open. Kara Zor-El?

Who else uses a "World Engine"? Mongul!

those last three are giant stretches though

I noticed that too. It would be nice if we see small hints of her in the sequel. I don't want her unveiled until the third movie, for example. I too couldn't see the Wayne Enterprises logo on the satellite. Would have been nice if it was more obvious

Saw it

wasn't perfect but I loved it

the ending in particular put a big goofy smile on my face. I say bring on MoS2!

What do you mean by the ending?

TEJ

when I say the ending I mean the final scene

I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it for others.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
As long as you don't take it too seriously, it's a really fun movie. It has some holes and silly things, but nothing near as stupid as Bane's wall street heist. The only real problem I had with it was the score. So repetitive and boring.

Gartooth

Saw the movie today. Biggest issues were some of the odd liberties they took with the character, and at times they dumped too much exposition and techno babble on the viewer. Also would have wished for more character development, and some much needed levity considering it was "action, action, action!" all the time.

Still, I was pretty happy when I came out of the theater and glad I kept my expectations in check. Is it the best superhero movie ever? No, but it was a great Superman movie which is all I could ask for. Looking forward to their plans for a sequel after this.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Also would have wished for more character development, and some much needed levity considering it was "action, action, action!" all the time.
Yeah, it didn't seem to find the ideal balance between heavy and light moments (there were a couple spots that would have been perfect for a smart comment), but I'd rather it land where it did than err on the side of being too goofy. To be fair, Superman's personality has always been that of a boring, too-serious boy scout rather than a wise guy. He's a country boy in the city.

Blader

Yeah, it didn't seem to find the ideal balance between heavy and light moments (there were a couple spots that would have been perfect for a smart comment), but I'd rather it land where it did than err on the side of being too goofy.

No chance of that happening here :lol

Gartooth

PS, what the hell was with all the shameless
iHop advertisements? Also, think there was a shot where the screen focused on Lois' Nokia camera too.

Top Bottom