• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Rootbeer

Banned
saw it this morning... had some time to soak it in. best superman film ever for me.

Grabbed some of the action figures too last week :D

These 4:

Plus Zod in Kryptonian armor (helmet is removable):

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It makes no sense! In the movie we have an alternate Earth with places like Smallville and Metropolis, but freaking iHop still exists!
so kansas can exist but ihop can't? did you want them to just make up a bunch of fake brands of cars as well?

Raptor

saw it this morning... had some time to soak it in. best superman film ever for me.

Grabbed some of the action figures too last week :D

These 4:

Plus Zod in Kryptonian armor (helmet is removable):

Those are great, I still can't go and buy some :/

Rootbeer

Banned
Spent my formative years in the KC area... I'm not a baseball fan, but it was great they put the Royals nod in there. Of course Clark would be a fan. Although what must it feel like to watch professional sports games and know you are way, way better than any player on the team could ever hope to be.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Such a piece of shit movie. The story sucked and there was no character development. WAY too much action. Also don't get me started on the end
ZOD GETTING KILLED BY SUPERMAN
what a piece of shit.
Superman doesn't kill no matter what! This movie is such bullshit! Talk about ruining a character!

Such a piece of shit movie. The story sucked and there was no character development. WAY too much action. Also don't get me started on the end
ZOD GETTING KILLED BY SUPERMAN
what a piece of shit.
Superman doesn't kill no matter what! This movie is such bullshit! Talk about ruining a character!

YEAH! TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Everything I've wanted out of a superman movie. To me, it's the best superhero movie of all time. Fuck the haters.

+best special effects
+heartfelt moments
+great story
+holy fuck amazing action choreography
+amazing cinematography
+superb acting/cast overall

Just a very satisfying film overall, from start to finish it doesn't let up. I don't know where the hate comes from, but for me personally, this was the #1 superhero film I've seen, and the best in a long time. The only other film that excited me this much was the original spiderman. Wow. Great entertainment, I'd see it five more times.

I agree with the minimal character development complaint, but that's simply a symptom of not enough time.
I feel like Man of Steel 2 will have a lot more character development, with the origin finished and all the characters/pieces now firmly in place

9.5/10

ReiGun

Brah on my fb lists his problems with the film and most are related to the story and script; says that none of his issues are the fault of Nolan and Goyer (despite that being the part they worked on).

This guy. lol

KillGore

lol God, I can't believe people really hate this film. I get not liking it but calling it one of the worst things they've seen? Never change GAF.

Maximus.

I thought the movie was great, but had some issues that can easily be fixed going forward. I felt that the biggest issue was the lack of character development. I appreciate how they handled his past. Overall Cavill is a sick Superman!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
lol, what! This movie is 2 hours, 20 minutes long. Thin character development is a script issue, not a time issue.

The two hours and 20 minutes was spent perfectly though. Yeah, there was a lot of action, but holy shit that action blew my mind. It was amazing, and I wouldn't trade any minute of it for more dialogue. This first film was about getting the pieces in place and just visually blowing people away in between the heartfelt moments. The plot moves very quickly. I expect MoS 2 to be a lot more dialogue/character development focused.

Subitai

Saw it. Loved it. Actually, with all the complaining I was expecting more action.

I was waiting to see it for myself, but it was great to see Bruce Wayne shares the universe because
of the Wayne Enterprises satellite they demolish =D

Action movie 11/10

General movie 8/10

Tear jerker movie 7/10 - had more feels moments for me than any comic movie except for Spiderman 2.

IMO, best sci-fi action movie ever. Haven't been this anxious to go and pay to see the same action sequences again since the first Matrix.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Saw it. Loved it. Actually, with all the complaining I was expecting more action.

I was waiting to see it for myself, but it was great to see Bruce Wayne shares the universe because
of the Wayne Enterprises satellite they demolish =D

Action movie 11/10

General movie 8/10

Tear jerker movie 7/10 - had more feels moments for me than any comic movie except for Spiderman 2.

IMO, best sci-fi action movie ever. Haven't been this anxious to go and pay to see the same action sequences again since the first Matrix.

This. pretty similar to how I felt. I enjoyed Iron Man. I enjoyed Batman Begins. I enjoyed Thor. None of these films took me on an emotional rollercoaster like Spiderman 1 and 2. Man of Steel did. And on top of that, it probably had the best action and special effects of any film I've ever seen.

GamerXXX

Banned
Way too little character development, but Faora was just as bad ass as she should have been.

looks like Antje, Cavill, Crowe and Costner were the standouts.

On Faora, i think a really cool and interesting twist Snyder couldn't gone for is keep Louis and Superman's relationship on a professional level - Louis reporting and interveiwing superman, with any romance delayed until a sequel. What they should've done is put some sexual tension between Faora and Superman. I would've liked to see them fight and almost kill each but towards the end, joining in the sun and then perhaps Zod killing Faora for it. This would've been way cooler cause Faora is freaking hot!

Blader

The two hours and 20 minutes was spent perfectly though. Yeah, there was a lot of action, but holy shit that action blew my mind. It was amazing, and I wouldn't trade any minute of it for more dialogue. This first film was about getting the pieces in place and just visually blowing people away in between the heartfelt moments. The plot moves very quickly. I expect MoS 2 to be a lot more dialogue/character development focused.

Not with Snyder directing again.

I'll say this: if you like seeing Superman and shit blowing up, this one's got it. Shit blows up real good. It's a spectacle, I'll give it that.

But it's all style, no substance. A cold, thoroughly mediocre blockbuster with a half-ass love story, one dimensional villains, flat characterization, generic destruction of non-descript buildings, and a metallic dour tone that sucked any amount of fun the movie attempts to do. It's not an enjoyable film to sit through, which makes it an failure as a Superman film and a summer blockbuster.

Top Bottom