• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Everyone in love with Antje Traue (who isn't?) should watch her in Pandorum as well. So hot.

QIMDhHb.jpg

I bloody loved it. Story was a little undercooked tho and as much as I hate to admit it, the visuals/cinematography weren't as good or stylized as those in Returns, the characters weren't as fleshed out as I'd hoped, we didn't see enough of the Kent's, but goddamn if the rest of the movie wasn't amazing.

Faora was simply divine. There's one scene (I think everyone will know) which had be aroused hard. Felt like I was about to burst, quite literally. Goddamn, goddess tier during that scene, everything was just perfect.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yeah, that's the only other movie I know here from.

Not a fan of the film.

I'm a fan of her though so I sat through it. She wasn't bad in it considering how odd the movie was.

*drool*

iooFwV1.png

PdZVx94.png

The movie was decent, a good modern take on an origin story.. But a few things bugged me:

(Spoilers)

- The matrix bs with growing children and giant tentacle robot defense systems. Blarg. At least Morpheus was there.

I just wanted to mention that
the artificial birth is taken from the 80s Superman reboot where Kryptonians upon conception placed them within a 'birthing matrix'. Unlike the comics, the movie portrayed Kal-El as having a live birth (the comic had him and the matrix attached to the ship. When he landed on earth and found by the Kents the matrix 'opened', meaning that Kal-El was technically 'born' on Earth, and thus, an American citizen. Yeah.).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man I love the fight scenes. This is how Supes vs. another person with a similar power level should fight.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Some parts felt rushed, but other than that I really liked this movie. I wasn't expecting much, but it was great. Probably one of the most inaccurate rotten tomatoes scores I've seen.

Raptor

Yeah, I saw it, loved it, cried multiple times.

Best movie of the year <3
All the fights were goddamn amazing

<3

There is this little scene when he was learning to fly, when he crashed that mountain and made a crater, when he was standing up he had this little expression that I absolutly loved so much, it was like frustation that he wanted so bad to master his powers and flight abilities.

I really loved that scene.

I finally saw the film last night and loved it. I felt that they did a great job with humanizing Clark Kent in a similar way that Batman Begins did with Bruce Wayne. I feel that sometimes it's easy to forget how emotional Kent can be and how his experiences shaped him as an adult or hero. I like Zack but I'm glad that Nolan was there to help temperate Snyder's direction with the film. I understand some people's thoughts about Shannon and his lack of in-dept dialogue but it wasn't big enough of a issue to detract from his character.

Man I love the fight scenes. This is how Supes vs. another person with a similar power level should fight.

Yep, they perfectly nailed the 'world of cardboard' aspect. I was pretty much floored by how much destruction was on display during the fight scenes. There was no holding back and I bloody loved every second of it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Lets clone the shit out her.

She's so hot :(

There can only be one.

<3

There is this little scene when he was learning to fly, when he crashed that mountain and made a crater, when he was standing up he had this little expression that I absolutly loved so much, it was like frustation that he wanted so bad to master his powers and flight abilities.

I really loved that scene.

That was such a great moment in that scene.

SimleuqiR

Yes. Because even with that script, he didn't mail in his performance. He always gave it 100%.

Marvel would be dumb to replace him at this point. They will have to wait a long while before they can.

I mean look at Reeve; it's been 30 years or so, and people are still clinging on to his performance as Superman.

Was pretty good. 6/7 out of 10.

Cavill great, Shannon good when the script permitted it - i.e. I will find him, you are not alone, speech near the end - and poor when it didn't. Crowe and Costner were pretty good.

Looked gorgeous but the pacing, editing and script let it down immeasurably. There's a top top film in there that didn't get out, and instead its a good one. I enjoyed it though.

Bats trilogy > IM3 = SM2 > MOS

THE FUCK YOU SAY BRO?!

But really

how the hell did you reach that conclusion? I mean I'm cool with opinions and everything. But, objectively speaking, IM3 is a terrible movie, while SM2 is the best that the genre has to offer.

Matrix

God damn!!

I want to see what you think after you see it :p

I'm usually a man of few words at first if I love a movie. Heck my Batman Begins review was "Wow amazing, best comic book movie ever" Of course I'll write more this time around since it's Supes, but it won't be most likely till Friday. I will give a RT score once I get out lol :p

It it stinks to me or lets me down I usually rant right away though lol

Raptor

I'm usually a man of few words at first if I love a movie. Heck my Batman Begins review was "Wow amazing, best comic book movie ever" Of course I'll write more this time around since it's Supes, but it won't be most likely till Friday. I will give a RT score once I get out lol :p

It it stinks to me or lets me down I usually rant right away though lol

If you only post ":)"

I will be happy lol.

I have seen it twice now, love it even more.

MisterHero

Clark could've ended the battle by thowing IHOP syrup at Foara. The armor would get sticky and she'd have to fly away before it got everywhere.

The movie needs some of that Silver Age humor.

Okay that was really terrible

Toa TAK

Banned
Clark could've ended the battle by thowing IHOP syrup at Foara. The armor would get sticky and she'd have to fly away before it got everywhere.

The movie needs some of that Silver Age humor.

Okay that was really terrible

She would've had quite the... sticky situation on her hands.

I regret nothing.

rashbeep

Banned
Was expected something great, got something barely ok. I felt like the movie would've been better if events happened chronologically because that first flight scene really had no meaning to it even though it's supposed to be an epic moment.

- outside of Clark's parents, all we see is humans treating Clark like shit. Why again are suppose to believe that he would try and save the humans and not side with kryptonians? You would think I was Crowe's ghost wishes but Superman completely ignores those by destroying the genetic-housing ship.
If anything,
when he saved Pete and then he became friends with him he learned an important lesson. Save people's lives and they might like you.

Matrix

Oh cool. I have gone twice. I went in pretending I never saw the Donner films.

And that's what I'll be doing since it's a reboot. Donner's world/vision ended for me with Superman 2. Singer messed me up badly lol

Raptor, I think I can manage that for you lol

I can bet and guarantee 10000000% that in the sequel

that lex takes the opportunity of metropolises destruction and deaths and blame it on superman, that his arrival resulted in the death of millions and cost the city billions and that he, lex would be the one who could fix the city, this starts the ball rolling of lex becoming supermans nemesis in the 3rd movie

And that's what I'll be doing since it's a reboot. Donner's world/vision ended for me with Superman 2. Singer messed me up badly lol

Raptor, I think I can manage that for you lol

As it did with me.

2. If you take super baby out, and change the land conflict thing, there was something beautiful there.

Matrix

That's so faaaaar.

But not as far as my Saturday rewatch. =(

I know :( It's also been hard as hell to post in here without being spoiled. I pick and choose my moments now. Thursday needs to get here asap so I can at least move around GAF and the net without being fucked over.

True, but Batman didn't bring crime to Gotham. Gotham was corrupt, so he tried to fight it. Then 'escalation' happens, as the films refer to it.

But in MoS Kal-El's presence brings a whole heap of pain and destruction down on Earth. Earth protected him more than he protected Earth.

And what should he do about it? This sounds like a talking point that can't stand up to a follow up question.

Yes, Zod came for Clark. Yes, destruction inside but Clark didn't ask for any of it. Zod carried his vendetta with him. Clark was just an excuse. He wanted the codex. That's it. Clark didn't put any of these events in motion on purpose, and when he realized what would happen he went with Zod and cooperated with the military. What else could he possibly do?

Matrix

As it did with me.

2. If you take super baby out, and change the land conflict thing, there was something beautiful there.

And remove the worst Lois Lane ever :)

AkuMifune

Banned
I can bet and guarantee 10000000% that in the sequel

that lex takes the opportunity of metropolises destruction and deaths and blame it on superman, that his arrival resulted in the death of millions and cost the city billions and that he, lex would be the one who could fix the city, this starts the ball rolling of lex becoming supermans nemesis in the 3rd movie

If they want a real meaty trilogy, Superman needs his Joker.

And this time they'd better hire someone who won't kill themselves in between the movies.

Matrix

If they want a real meaty trilogy, Superman needs his Joker.

And this time they'd better hire someone who won't kill themselves in between the movies.

:\

"But she was pretty. I guess her hotness blinded me to the bad charterer. I kept thinking the every time I saw her "Man just give me 2 min with her." "

haha

Raptor

But she was pretty. I guess her hotness blinded me to the bad charterer. I kept thinking the every time I saw her "Man just give me 2 min with her."

What blinded me is how skinny she was, there was no meat to be foind, I kept thinking "Jeez throw that woman a taco or something"

Top Bottom