• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught up on. I really enjoy it. Not too fond of the art to be fair, but it has comedy, and likeable characters. The translation is solid from what I can see. There's explanations of puns etc. at the end of most chapters. It seems to be popular, so hopefully Shueisha don't axe it.
hasnt it already had 1.6 mln volumes printed, doubt itd be cancelled in 2013

Truth to be told, I'm surprised how easy to recognise most characters are in a style with so little facial detail.

I don't think I ever got two characters mixed up.

in TWGOK's Art the faces don't have much he does more with the hair than anything thing else still remarkable how unique each character turns out. He seems to repeat the wide V bangs on the forehead a bit but still keep them looking different enough

I have a lot of trouble with Naruto characters at times so this is why I have been so pleased with each newcomer in TWGOK

sidenote: these story arcs are getting less alike the way the spirits affect the girls also Goddess arc seems to still be a subplot can only really tell one girl Ayumi might remember because she has the worst of the blushing problem I am really LTTP with the guessing game :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rain_mikamura_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5qq5rd.png

Next one, you know if you asked for it.

5 left until a 100!

OMG this is perfect! Thank you :DDD

Pyrokles

Neo Member
So, ManGAF, since I've started and liked yet another series I only noticed because of comments here, I'm starting to post instead of only lurking. The most recent ones that I've really liked are Molester Man and Baby Steps. I never would've read either Molester Man otherwise because of what I'd have expected from the name or Baby Steps because I usually don't like sports manga except Giant Killing and tennis doesn't interest me at all, but the positive impressions, that image after Natsu's last victory that upandaway posted a few weeks ago and the talk about confession of the year which is the kind of thing I wanted after the nice ending to Molester Man got me to read it and it's probably the most chapters of a manga I've ever read in a day (ch. 27-147 yesterday). I'll probably also try more sports manga now. Though the latest chapters really are so cringeworthy with Ide's support and heroism.

Wiseblade

So what's going to replace rage end on the Smut 10 now that it's over?

So, ManGAF, since I've started and liked yet another series I only noticed because of comments here, I'm starting to post instead of only lurking. The most recent ones that I've really liked are Molester Man and Baby Steps. I never would've read either Molester Man otherwise because of what I'd have expected from the name or Baby Steps because I usually don't like sports manga except Giant Killing and tennis doesn't interest me at all, but the positive impressions, that image after Natsu's last victory that upandaway posted a few weeks ago and the talk about confession of the year which is the kind of thing I wanted after the nice ending to Molester Man got me to read it and it's probably the most chapters of a manga I've ever read in a day (ch. 27-147 yesterday). I'll probably also try more sports manga now. Though the latest chapters really are so cringeworthy with Ide's support and heroism.

See what we can achieve when we work together instead of bicker?

El Sloth

Banned
Koimoku 6-13

Man, I was just expecting this to be a fairly silly & smutty take on manga production but this can get surprisingly depressing at times when it portrays the industry in a such a cold-hearted, soul-crushing manner. It owns!!!
Yeah, it can be pretty depressing to read at times. Helped a lot by those faces that artist draws that make it seem like the character is watching their entire family being ravaged by the Huns right in front of them.
Haha, "What on earth did I do last night?!" is like a night in animeGAF. Will read.
Mangaka smut is good stuff. Best 4 first pages.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
7 Seeds
Holy shit at Team Summer's last school test. Wasn't expecting the manga to be this dark, especially when
Ango found Nobara's remains
... Lovin' it.

scy

Soon you'll follow a few more recommendations and eventually end up reading about cannibals and NTR. Shit gets dark quick around here.

Seriously though, confession of the year. Ide's main character power should be no match against the actual main character! Talking about it like this makes it seem like a Medaka Box meta situation, hrm.

Edit: On that note, Baby Steps is probably one of the other big titles that came out of nowhere that quite a few people in this thread started reading once it was brought up.

iz beautiful

Someone insult One Piece / Naruto / Bleach. We cannot be trusted with nice things.

in TWGOK's Art the faces don't have much he does more with the hair than anything thing else still remarkable how unique each character turns out. He seems to repeat the wide V bangs on the forehead a bit but still keep them looking different enough

I have a lot of trouble with Naruto characters at times so this is why I have been so pleased with each newcomer in TWGOK

sidenote: these story arcs are getting less alike the way the spirits affect the girls also Goddess arc seems to still be a subplot can only really tell one girl Ayumi might remember because she has the worst of the blushing problem I am really LTTP with the guessing game :(

I'm not sure but I think TWGOK might have the largest harem in manga history.

Teppuu ~7-16

I am really, really enjoying this. It's actually nice to have a manga where the protag isn't a naked rookie--technically, but still has a very, very long way to go in what they're doing. It's not as predictable. And Natsuo's awesome. I get that I'm supposed to hate her, but her constant salt and blatant sadism is funny as hell--well, in most cases; Her fight against Kiri in the all-female grappling tourny truly did come to the point of being cruel.

I both dig that her personality is going to be fleshed out and explained with the family backstory, and...hate it. It'll add much needed expo, but I love the fights, move explanations, and training segments. Love em. It's better that this manga be a good manga, though, and round itself out.

I love Natsuo. She's probably my favorite female character in a manga, because she's good at what she does, arrogant about it and doesn't hold back.

whoKW.jpg

Now join us in the long and desperate wait for new chapters. The translation is very slow.

Pyrokles

Neo Member

Haha, yeah looking back on some Molester Man stuff I skipped first because I wanted to wait for it to end, it's really been a nice change from the usual WednesdayGAF shenanigans and my-favorite-shonen-is-better shit (I'm in the One Piece camp /adds fuel to the fire).

Soon you'll follow a few more recommendations and eventually end up reading about cannibals and NTR. Shit gets dark quick around here.

I already know enough about the dark abyss that is SmutGAF and AnimeGAF and won't let myself be pulled down there :p. Other stuff I got to read because of you is more conventional like Magi, Shingeki no Kyojin and TWGOK.

Edit: One thing I'll never forgive you until it gets cancelled
as if ;_;
or ends is Nisekoi.

Akito

Haha, yeah looking back on some Molester Man stuff I skipped first because I wanted to wait for it to end, it's really been a nice change from the usual WednesdayGAF shenanigans and my-favorite-shonen-is-better shit (I'm in the One Piece camp /adds fuel to the fire).

I already know enough about the dark abyss that is SmutGAF and AnimeGAF and won't let myself be pulled down there :p. Other stuff I got to read because of you is more conventional like Magi, Shingeki no Kyojin and TWGOK.
Woah woah, you just instantly got added to my cool list. Welcome by the way :)

Kurita

tumblr_men53x6ars1rdh9azo1_400.gif

scy

SmutGAF is gentle
when appropriate

On the subject of SnK, Akame ga Kill may be worth looking into. I'd like to plug Umineko's manga adaptations due to my avatar but I er ... haven't read them all yet :| I remember enjoying the art of the first two arcs though so there's that. As an adaptation, they were better than the anime!

T.T

Edit: One thing I'll never forgive you until it gets cancelled
as if ;_;
or ends is Nisekoi.

Waifus are everlasting.

A part of me is really sad that Double Arts couldn't survive and Nisekoi is all of the success. Then I remember I have terrible taste and like Nisekoi and waifus occur.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
On the subject of SnK, Akame ga Kill may be worth looking into. I'd like to plug Umineko's manga adaptations due to my avatar but I er ... haven't read them all yet :| I remember enjoying the art of the first two arcs though so there's that. As an adaptation, they were better than the anime!

Already reading it also due to this thread btw ^^. Maybe I should add a list of all the manga I'm reading to avoid such recommendations. And regarding Umineko, I've never liked any manga adaptation. They always felt inferior to the original anime or anime adaptation of a light novel they're based on. But I'll add Umineko to the will-try-reading-but-actually-never-get-to-it list.

Please never listen to Envelope and keep posting that and your Avatar gifs.

scy

They always felt inferior to the original anime or anime adaptation of a light novel they're based on. But I'll add Umineko to the will-try-reading-but-actually-never-get-to-it list.

In that case, I'd recommend the games. Still, the manga with the soundtrack as appropriate works as a substitute.

Edit: Though the Manga artwork is a lot better than the games >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom