• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to hate on a One Piece crew member then Brook is low hanging fruit, he doesn't really contribute anything and he just gets in the way of progression.

Noblesse 266

shit-just-got-real.gif
Yessssss. Another Noble with the union came out of no where though. Sierra will wreck shit up.

If you're going to marathon it let us know when you hit 116.

I will...

Why did Diana set up a bullshit date again she is stalling the story with matchmaking

If Keima and Tenri got married what the hell kind of thing is that? Diana would always be around. Why does she want that so badly? Oh nevermind she gets stronger... is that it?

Akito

Nanairo Sekai

Another collection of romantic short stories but they're on a more dramatic side this time compared to Sukima Shiki. Curiously enough they also feel a little less mature or more Shojo-ish while Sukima Shiki was more Josei-ish. The Shonen Ai one in the middle was also pretty weird.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
I didn't post it, scy did pretty sure. This smile is super great

It's probably one of the most effective panels of a manga in making me want to read it, you just know it's gonna be a manga that will make you feel good.

Beelzebub and Gintama (the fact you don't have this is suspicious, but you like Hayate, so I'm not sure anymore)
Ubel Blatt and Berserk (same as above only with Vinland Saga)
Blood Lad and Anagle Mole (I think you'll love them but they're both in stalemate, just keep them in some distant wishlist until the fated moment)

Tried Beelzebub, didn't really like it. I watched a few episodes of the Gintama anime but I find it difficult to watch or read such a long series when it's episodic.

Regarding both Ubel Blatt and Berserk, I'm kinda interested in both of them, they're on the list but I'm wary of the shota/rape/etc. kinda stuff that's supposedly in there which was not the case for Vinland (or at least only implied and never shown). Also I don't want another Hunter X Hunter in my list -_-. That's the same reason why I'm still holding up on reading Vagabond.

Blood Lad is on my list as well and I guess at the latest when the anime starts I will try it. I tried Anagle Mole as well and didn't like it though it was very little that I read of it (I think I didn't even finish the first chapter 'cause it bored me then) but I'll give it another shot sometime.

That smile is blinding and radiant. Dear lord. I want a Baby Steps anime just so I can try to look at the screen when this happens.

I both want that and not want that, because it's doubtful that an anime would even get so far and because AnimeGAF made me too pessimistic about anime adaptations of manga I like and as seen with Magi that was totally justified. I'm even sceptical of the Shingeki no Kyojin anime despite that promising trailer.

If you want to hate on a One Piece crew member then Brook is low hanging fruit, he doesn't really contribute anything and he just gets in the way of progression.

He didn't even get a Fake Strawhat imposter. That's proof enough.
I like Brook

scy

popcorn.gif

It's probably one of the most effective panels of a manga in making me want to read it, you just know it's gonna be a manga that will make you feel good.

Everything about Natsu is so happy-go-lucky and feel good. She really provides a great energy to the manga whenever she appears. Which better be more often now. She definitely deserves more time considering she IS the main girl.

I both want that and not want that, because it's doubtful that an anime would even get so far and because AnimeGAF made me too pessimistic about anime adaptations of manga I like and as seen with Magi that was totally justified. I'm even sceptical of the Shingeki no Kyojin anime despite that promising trailer.

True.

I really just want that one panel. That radiance would last me forever. I'd become a better person due to it.

Kusagari

That isn't his fault.

Oda seemed to just add him for the hell of it without having an actual plan for him.

Steroyd

Hes just confused and going through normal teenager emotions and personality trying to find himself, he was pretty good last year when talking with itachi and helping to bring down kabuto

We're far past the point of confused or even rebellious, he saw how much Itachi loved Konoha with his own eyes where he died for the leaf twice, and he's still.

Sasuske MAD.

Sasuske REVENGE.

upandaway

Tried Beelzebub, didn't really like it. I watched a few episodes of the Gintama anime but I find it difficult to watch or read such a long series when it's episodic.

Regarding both Ubel Blatt and Berserk, I'm kinda interested in both of them, they're on the list but I'm wary of the shota/rape/etc. kinda stuff that's supposedly in there which was not the case for Vinland (or at least only implied and never shown). Also I don't want another Hunter X Hunter in my list -_-. That's the same reason why I'm still holding up on reading Vagabond.

Blood Lad is on my list as well and I guess at the latest when the anime starts I will try it. I tried Anagle Mole as well and didn't like it though it was very little that I read of it (I think I didn't even finish the first chapter 'cause it bored me then) but I'll give it another shot sometime.
Pyro-man... you're picky. You're a picky guy. I'll have to rethink my previous assessment.

...Minami-ke?

Ubel Blatt only has shota at first, those kinds of things are VERY quickly sidelined and/or disappear. If that's your only problem, you have to try it out.
And for Gintama, I never did manage to watch more than a few episodes at a time (unless it's an arc) even when I love it so much. You could try going daily maybe. Also remember that it isn't that good up to episode 24.. I'd say the comedy "if you don't like it by now, give up" point is episode 25, but the first serious arcs (and all serious arcs in Gintama are amazing) are in the 40s-60s.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Everything about Natsu is so happy-go-lucky and feel good. She really provides a great energy to the manga whenever she appears. Which better be more often now. She definitely deserves more time considering she IS the main girl.

I'd think so because of that confession though with barely any prior experience with mangas handling relationships like that way before the ending in an epilogue I'm afraid the only change we'll get is awkward blushing like the evening at the beach with the rest of the club. Please proof me wrong mangaka.

Pyro-man... you're picky. You're a picky guy. I'll have to rethink my previous assessment.

...Minami-ke?

Ubel Blatt only has shota at first, those kinds of things are VERY quickly sidelined and/or disappear. If that's your only problem, you have to try it out.
And for Gintama, I never did manage to watch more than a few episodes at a time (unless it's an arc) even when I love it so much. You could try going daily maybe. Also remember that it isn't that good up to episode 24.. I'd say the comedy "if you don't like it by now, give up" point is episode 25, but the first serious arcs (and all serious arcs in Gintama are amazing) are in the 40s-60s.

Will give Minami-ke a try as well, only ever saw screenshots from the animes that left me indifferent though maybe I just need to watch/read it in context.

And now my only excuse for not reading Ubel Blatt like many other series is the list and the fact that I'm always picking spur of the moment stuff instead of what's been on there for a while.

The Gintama episodes I've watched I liked, nothing amazing, but I know stuff like that always needs to grow on me first for me to love it (except Hayate, that was awesome from the very moment Santa appeared). I just have trouble watching daily or something like that because there'll be a day when I forget it/don't have the time or whatever and then I forget completely about it. It's just so much easier once there's something grabbing me and I can't stop reading.

Edit: Damn it! Why do I write it Ubel Blatt when I've got a perfectly working Ü key? Mostly reading english sites and writing in english in multiplayer games broke me.

Top 5 best manga artists:

• Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal) Style: 9, Figures: 10, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 8, composition: 10
  • Hiramoto Akira (Prison School) Style: 8, Figures: 9, Backgrounds: 11, Layout: 9, Composition: 10
  • Takehiko Inoue (Vagabond) Style: 10, Figures: 10, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 9, Composition: 8
  • Inio Asano (Solanin) Style: 8, Figures: 8, Backgrounds: 10, Layout, 10, Composition: 11
  • Itoh Mami (Vita Arcana) Style: 9, Figures: 9, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 9, Composition: 10

Special Consideration: Sakamoto Shinichi(Kokou no Hito) Style: 9, Figures: 10, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 7, Composition: 10

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sanji and Nami are by far the worst characters in the SH crew. Well all of them are bad except Usoppe but these 2 are the worst.
Aww, and I was going to agree with you completely before the edit! :p

Oh well, at least we can agree on Usopp being the best and Nami being the worst. Shonen Jump really needs to give the guy more time off to sleep with his wife so that Nami stops being symbolic for his pent up sexual frustration.

That isn't his fault.

Oda seemed to just add him for the hell of it without having an actual plan for him.

Brook was actually planned for before Franky or Robin, though the crew of 9 were set as of the beginning of the series.

Brook was probably introduced when he was though so the crew of 9 could be set in place before the timeskip. The same with Moriah, he needed to make up a 7th and final Warlord before the war arc, hence why we got Thriller Bark.

Kurita

Top 5 best manga artists:

• Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal) Style: 9, Figures: 10, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 8, composition: 10
  • Hiramoto Akira (Prison School) Style: 8, Figures: 9, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 10, Composition: 10
  • Takehiko Inoue (Vagabond) Style: 10, Figures: 10, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 9, Composition: 8
  • Inio Asano (Solanin) Style: 8, Figures: 8, Backgrounds: 10, Layout, 10, Composition: 11
  • Itoh Mami (Vita Arcana) Style: 9, Figures: 9, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 9, Composition: 10

Special Consideration: Sakamoto Shinichi(Kokou no Hito) Style: 9, Figures: 10, Backgrounds: 10, Layout: 7, Composition: 10

No love for Yusuke Murata ?

Reknoc

Pyrokles, even though I hate you for insulting it Monster Musume, comparing it the, hrm, commom smut of this thread; you'll probably like Historie if you like Vinland Saga.

Gradivus

I agree. Those points along with the party doesn't really need another swordfighter/pervert, he just stand out less compared to everyone else.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I've never considered what I'd want for a tag! Can I think about it a bit?

I have always been jealous of that dude who has "pixel artist" with a little pixel art pic next to it as a tag, I always wondered what was up with that lol.
Sure. Just PM me what you decide :)
As for that guy with the icon... we can embed some things just like some tags lead to links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom