• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Hey now, the soundtrack is also good.

Though as with the anime in general all the new tracks from the recent movies lacks what I liked about the earlier tracks, but maybe that's because of my exposure to them in so many TV reruns as a kid.

And to avoid recommendations of stuff that I'm already reading, this is my running manga list

reading
One Piece
Hayate no Gotoku
Prunus Girl
Yozakura Quartet
Hunter X Hunter
I WILL NOT PUT IN INTO ON HOLD
Giant Killing
Sengoku Youko
Yotsuba&
The World God Only Knows
Hourou Musuko
Shingeki no Kyojin
Silver Spoon
Nisekoi
Magi
Akame ga Kill
Denpa Kyoushi
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Vinland Saga
Onepunch-Man
Baby Steps

on hold for no particular reason
Medaka Box and no I haven't reached Kumagawa
Seto no Hanayome
Cage of Eden (only 10-20 chapters behind, will catch up if the ending rumors hold true)
Nurarihyon no Mago (only missing the ending chapters after the WSJ publication ended)

used to read/dropped
Fairy Tail
Naruto
Bleach
Soul Eater

The only good thing from the One Piece anime.

So you don't like the voices? I always like having an anime's voices in my head when reading a manga and I like most of the ones for the main cast of One Piece.

Now I'll be listening to the soundtrack the whole evening.

Kurita

So you don't like the voices? I always like having an anime's voices in my head when reading a manga and I like most of the ones for the main cast of One Piece.

They're not bad at all but I'm more attached to the French dub now, even though I know it's not that great. Then again, I only watched a few episodes of One Piece + Strong World in Japanese.

Onizuka's French voice might be my favorite voice ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3BdnexCyA

Reknoc

The end of Sabaody and Marineford is pretty amazing in the anime.

And to avoid recommendations of stuff that I'm already reading, this is my running manga list

I see Assassination Classroom isn't there, or Monster Musume. Also have you read Majin Tentai Nougami Neuro?

Cross Manage 15

Guess this manga crossed that 17 chp checkpoint, but anyway the two on two could have honesty lasted longer, way too short as I wanted to see Sakurai and Ryu play more.

Tournament prelims, hope it goes well.

Kusagari

Hrm..........

lollipopandcigerettes.png

Sd_helmeppo.jpg

dat improvement

the rap song is pretty catchy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am starting not to like him at all. My favorite asshole main has to be the Joukyuu from Aiki I love that guy but Joukyuu knows he is an asshole and he makes you like him, Keima does not know and does not make you like him at all, you cannot even get into his head half of the time to see where he is coming from.

Yui arc right now makes me see how much of an asshole this dude is. Reminds me of that MTV show how to pick up girls from a bar with smooth words type of asshole.

I don't like seeing these girls fall anymore because the douche moves on to his PFP after his dirty deed is done.

The mangaka shows you the girls have problems that can be fixed by Keima acting this way, but really he does not really get pissed on their behalf. The only time he got pissed was when Nora boned his 2D love.

I want to see deeper guilt and some remorse. The dude is 2D! All business.

edit: I'll say the only thing that is good about him is the fact that he is truly harmless, you give anyone else the power he has and Elsee would not be able to sleep in the same room with him as often as she does. Totally harmless he could take down Nora at anytime she would have no chance if he got serious. That is the only thing keeping a balance is that he does not use his power to go beyond getting his task done.

I'm baffled how anyone can really hate Keima. He's just the way he is.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
They're not bad at all but I'm more attached to the French dub now, even though I know it's not that great. Then again, I only watched a few episodes of One Piece + Strong World in Japanese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3BdnexCyA

I know what you mean I had trouble getting used to the Japanese voices instead of the German dub's ones.

Here some manga for you:

Full Metal Alchemist read it
Yumekui Merry on the will-get-to-it-someday list
Ratman
Pumpkin Scissors
Sanctuary same as Yumekui Merry

Ratman and Pumpkin Scissors I will look into, thanks.

That's some fortitude.

More like denial.

The end of Sabaody and Marineford is pretty amazing in the anime.

I see Assassination Classroom isn't there, or Monster Musume. Also have you read Majin Tentai Nougami Neuro?

But they butchered the rest of Marineford with that atrocious 1 chapter = 1 episode crap.

Assassination Classrom is another one on the list though as it's still pretty short I might get to it soon. Often I'm just not in the mood to start something new or have difficulty choosing which one to start now, and then the backlog grows, but Molester Man and Baby Steps might've sparked the interest in new series again.

I will not read Monster Musume, I checked it out when some of you started it, but that is definitely not the kind of manga I like reading.
see? I'm staying away from the abyss so don't corrupt me

I once tried Neuro a few years ago but stopped after a few chapters 'cause I didn't find anything appealing about it.

No longer just a rumor, the last chapter announced it had 3 chapters to go at the end.

Now I'm curious as it's got to be a rushed ending then, guess I'll catch up then.

scy

More like denial.

I tried to spin it positively!

I will not read Monster Musume, I checked it out when some of you started it, but that is definitely not the kind of manga I like reading.
see? I'm staying away from the abyss so don't corrupt me

Not my thing either
I just keep forgetting

Now I'm curious as it's got to be a rushed ending then, guess I'll catch up then.

That or we severely underestimated the chance of a BAD END route.

I'm not sure but I think TWGOK might have the largest harem in manga history.

eh, still reading... A Harem even though it is that... I don't really look at it as a harem since kinda each girl gets captured some twice and I have not found an annoying one that I hate normally you find one girl you do not root for in a harem manga also are you sure Negima! Magister Negi Magi Negi does not own that title as largest harem?

Again Keima is changing for me and is smarter about things than I gave him credit for. He could have gone all smooth on the cheer up date with Elsee but he took the time to think about this is not a capture it would be bad. Any other stupid manga would have had him make that mistake here and annoy the hell out of me. Not to say Elsee should not end up with him but just saying :)

he won me over a while ago

It's kinda like hating DTL really.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think he's the most likable shonen romcom protagonist there is. He demonstrates genuine character development and he's simultaneously so awesome and so pathetic that it's hard to hate.

are you sure Negima! Magister Negi Magi Negi does not own that title as largest harem?
Ah right I knew I was forgetting something.

Akito

Part I of my Mizu Sahara marathon

Sukima Shiki

A collection of romantic short stories. Each chapter is inspired by one song of the Japanese band Sukima Switch. I like all six stories, very sweet and heart-warming. I've also learned a new and most likely successful way to ask someone out (beside holding a drill to their head): sending them super long essay texts while hiding the question at the end and hoping you'll get an "OK, whatever" as a reply.

I am not going to do a catch up reading of Negi's manga that is for sure, I remember liking it a lot but even Negi has his annoying points

after I get some sleep I should be able to run through TWGOK but tomorrow

Because Keima is awesome and Sasuke sucks?

I am having a hard time thinking of who has been better than Keima in a harem manga of any kind

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am not going to do a catch up reading of Negi's manga that is for sure, I remember liking it a lot but even Negi has his annoying points

after I get some sleep I should be able to run through TWGOK but tomorrow

I am having a hard time thinking of who has been better than Keima in a harem manga of any kind

Negima also had an utterly nonsensical ending due to an author dispute, i.e. he literally caused the entire resolution of the plot/final arc to occur offscreen.

Negima also had an utterly nonsensical ending due to an author dispute, i.e. he literally caused the entire resolution of the plot/final arc to occur offscreen.

oh shit that is epic... glad I was not following anymore I would have had a meltdown lol

has there ever been a harem ending as in the main guy gets all the girls or as least more than one girl to stay with him in the end?

Oh, well I guess that makes sense.

How far did you get?

I'm reading the chapter where Keima seems to be trying out other girl games like the batting cage and fortune teller not sure if they are setting up a new arc or this is one of those explanation chapters... can't seem to stop and go to bed

Angry Grimace

Oh, well I guess that makes sense.

How far did you get?

Akamatsu did say he was hoping to continue Negima in the future, so its possible he could go back and remedy the lack of a real ending.

I'm reading the chapter where Keima seems to be trying out other girl games like the batting cage and fortune teller not sure if they are setting up a new arc or this is one of those explanation chapters... can't seem to stop and go to bed

Ah.

If you don't stop before Ch.116 you're going to be up all night.

upandaway

So what's going to replace rage end on the Smut 10 now that it's over?
Yamada and Soma?

So, ManGAF, since I've started and liked yet another series I only noticed because of comments here, I'm starting to post instead of only lurking. The most recent ones that I've really liked are Molester Man and Baby Steps. I never would've read either Molester Man otherwise because of what I'd have expected from the name or Baby Steps because I usually don't like sports manga except Giant Killing and tennis doesn't interest me at all, but the positive impressions, that image after Natsu's last victory that upandaway posted a few weeks ago and the talk about confession of the year which is the kind of thing I wanted after the nice ending to Molester Man got me to read it and it's probably the most chapters of a manga I've ever read in a day (ch. 27-147 yesterday). I'll probably also try more sports manga now. Though the latest chapters really are so cringeworthy with Ide's support and heroism.
the best said:

I didn't post it, scy did pretty sure. This smile is super great

Oh wow, aren't you cool! Lots of neat stuff there. I'm half tempted to just go over my list and recommend everything I think you'll like, but that'll be like 30 series so I guess not. I'll just point out the biggest stuff:

Beelzebub and Gintama (the fact you don't have this is suspicious, but you like Hayate, so I'm not sure anymore)
Ubel Blatt and Berserk (same as above only with Vinland Saga)
Blood Lad and Anagle Mole (I think you'll love them but they're both in stalemate, just keep them in some distant wishlist until the fated moment)

Akamatsu did say he was hoping to continue Negima in the future, so its possible he could go back and remedy the lack of a real ending.

Is that law still in effect? I was wondering why Negima could show off nude scenes better than TWGOK even though they have set up these gags... the chapter where Hinoki became huge while she was taking a bath her breast looked really silly for the quality of the art this manga has smh

Ah.

If you don't stop before Ch.116 you're going to be up all night.

I was up all night insomnia and no real job helps :) it's 2:22PM

/XX/

I lurk more than you would expect. This thread moves a lot slower than what I'm used to so it's not that big a deal!
Having said that, this thread precisely has been more active lately (outside the Wednesday 'Happy Hours' and all that), or at least I have that impression right now as an outsider...

scy

Yamada and Soma?

Soma probably deserves a spot on the smut list.

I didn't post it, scy did pretty sure. This smile is super great

That smile is blinding and radiant. Dear lord. I want a Baby Steps anime just so I can try to look at the screen when this happens.

Having said that, this thread precisely has been more active lately, or at least I have that impression right now as a outsider...

We had some downtime recently with little to read. I think there's been some pent up arguing discussions to be done. Soon we'll fall back into Wednesday post bonanzas and then slower posts in between. Unless we get another group GAF read with regular releases :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom