• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOK

ugh the joke of every girl having blushing trouble with Keima is getting old, I mean come on Diana needed Elsee to be woken up because she did not want to be alone with Keima? Everyone is weak against him even his mother was blushing to go shopping alone with him. Not sure how much of that I can take.

At the risk of sounding like a true fanboy of the Ryuuroden--well, I guess I am, hahaha---the romance between the main lead and his fated love is, I think, everything that you will really enjoy reading with all of its fluffyness, trials, tribulations, payoffs, etc etc.

It's deep and rewarding, and its seating comfortably at a spot that no mangas like KNIM or GE can ever hope to touch or even get a sniff at.

lol okay my next read :)

rain_mikamura_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5qq5rd.png

Next one, you know if you asked for it.

5 left until a 100!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

ugh the joke of every girl having blushing trouble with Keima is getting old, I mean come on Diana needed Elsee to be woken up because she did not want to be alone with Keima? Everyone is weak against him even his mother was blushing to go shopping alone with him. Not sure how much of that I can take.

lol okay my next read :)

He's a chick magnet. It happens.

Manga is a rare genre where an outright Chick Magnet can be simultaneously considered a loser nerd.

Dresden

kabu no isaki -

Started this on a whim - it's another series from Hitoshi Ashinano, the author of YKK. Again it's a pretty relaxed series, fixated on aviation this time, the caravans of planes flitting from town to town. Enjoying it so far.

G0JCB.png

I am so very saddened that my recommendation of reading RYUURODEN has been apparently ignored v___________v

Such an awesome, awesome manga. It deserves more fans/readers than just only me in the MangaGAF community.

Ah well... I'm not gonna stop pimping it every now and then...

ryuuroden is great, I read it when I'm still in high school but the volume release in my local country is so long that I prettmy much forgot to cought up with it, and the scanlation effort now is still far behind since the last volume I read.

maybe time for a re-read, I kinda forgot most about it, just remember it's very engaging back then when I still read it.

He's a chick magnet. It happens.

Manga is a rare genre where an outright Chick Magnet can be simultaneously considered a loser nerd.

I am starting not to like him at all. My favorite asshole main has to be the Joukyuu from Aiki I love that guy but Joukyuu knows he is an asshole and he makes you like him, Keima does not know and does not make you like him at all, you cannot even get into his head half of the time to see where he is coming from.

Yui arc right now makes me see how much of an asshole this dude is. Reminds me of that MTV show how to pick up girls from a bar with smooth words type of asshole.

I don't like seeing these girls fall anymore because the douche moves on to his PFP after his dirty deed is done.

The mangaka shows you the girls have problems that can be fixed by Keima acting this way, but really he does not really get pissed on their behalf. The only time he got pissed was when Nora boned his 2D love.

I want to see deeper guilt and some remorse. The dude is 2D! All business.

edit: I'll say the only thing that is good about him is the fact that he is truly harmless, you give anyone else the power he has and Elsee would not be able to sleep in the same room with him as often as she does. Totally harmless he could take down Nora at anytime she would have no chance if he got serious. That is the only thing keeping a balance is that he does not use his power to go beyond getting his task done.

Keep in mind that eventhough he's amazing at seduction, he's also completely uninterested in it.

He's doing it to help others & to save his own life, not because of some shallow physical interest in the actual girls. (A big difference with pick up artists)

A big reason he might not feel a lot of remorse about his conquests or whatever is because to him, this entire thing is a hassle.

Keep in mind that eventhough he's amazing at seduction, he's also completely uninterested in it.

He's doing it to help others & to save his own life, not because of some shallow physical interest in the actual girls. (A big difference with pick up artists)

A big reason he might not feel a lot of remorse about his conquests or whatever is because to him, this entire thing is a hassle.

yeah I am pretty much thinking this as well in my edit said he is harmless. Except when the girl remembers and gets hurt by this. But still he is not written to be likable

yeah I am pretty much thinking this as well in my edit said he is harmless. Except when the girl remembers and gets hurt by this. But still he is not written to be likable

Keep in mind that the girls remembering is something he wasn't even made aware of until it started happening, he didn't have much of a chance to account for that.

Personally I think he's one of the nicest/strongest male harem protagonists I know though, specifically cause he's not written to be nice.

A lot of harem dudes have this unpleasant "boys will be boys" attribute given to them to make sense of them being both a. nice and b. getting all deez ladies, resulting in a supposedly nice guy with a "WHY CANT I STOP GROPING ALL DEEZ BOOBS"-mentality.

The only alternative is the type of protagonist that never gets close to even kissing anyone, which is just annoying in a supposed romance-(ish)-oriented genre.

Has anyone else requested a Koro-sensei from Assassination Classroom yet?

Nopes!

Akito

Ashita Dorobou v1-4 END

That was weird, a tsundere has nearly caused world destruction by just being a tsundere. The developments seemed so random at times that I'm not really sure if the author was serious at all with the story. I had my fun despite all that but I'm also a fan of the artist. I enjoyed the other collaboration between them much more though (Girl Friend).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I am starting not to like him at all. My favorite asshole main has to be the Joukyuu from Aiki I love that guy but Joukyuu knows he is an asshole and he makes you like him, Keima does not know and does not make you like him at all, you cannot even get into his head half of the time to see where he is coming from.

Yui arc right now makes me see how much of an asshole this dude is. Reminds me of that MTV show how to pick up girls from a bar with smooth words type of asshole.

I don't like seeing these girls fall anymore because the douche moves on to his PFP after his dirty deed is done.

The mangaka shows you the girls have problems that can be fixed by Keima acting this way, but really he does not really get pissed on their behalf. The only time he got pissed was when Nora boned his 2D love.

I want to see deeper guilt and some remorse. The dude is 2D! All business.

edit: I'll say the only thing that is good about him is the fact that he is truly harmless, you give anyone else the power he has and Elsee would not be able to sleep in the same room with him as often as she does. Totally harmless he could take down Nora at anytime she would have no chance if he got serious. That is the only thing keeping a balance is that he does not use his power to go beyond getting his task done.

You are going to love the latter arcs.

Or hate it.

Keep in mind that the girls remembering is something he wasn't even made aware of until it started happening, he didn't have much of a chance to account for that.

Personally I think he's one of the nicest/strongest male harem protagonists I know though, specifically cause he's not written to be nice.

A lot of harem dudes have this unpleasant "boys will be boys" attribute given to them to make sense of them being both a. nice and b. getting all deez ladies, resulting in a supposedly nice guy with a "WHY CANT I STOP GROPING ALL DEEZ BOOBS"-mentality.

The only alternative is the type of protagonist that never gets close to even kissing anyone, which is just annoying in a supposed romance-(ish)-oriented genre.

Ichigo 100% made me a believer long time ago to avoid most weak male leads so yeah Keima is above all that not calling him weak at all just not getting him yet.

eh... not sure WTF just happened in this Yui arc o_O

You are going to love the latter arcs.

Or hate it.

I would not even post anymore if I thought I would hate this manga at all. It is turning out a lot better than the hype around it was that was a few years back when everyone was on the arc that I am entering now. So I expect more to come.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ichigo 100% made me a believer long time ago to avoid most weak male leads so yeah Keima is above all that not calling him weak at all just not getting him yet.

eh... not sure WTF just happened in this Yui arc o_O

I would not even post anymore if I thought I would hate this manga at all. It is turning out a lot better than the hype around it was that was a few years back when everyone was on the arc that I am entering now. So I expect more to come.

Oh nah, I was just saying that in reference to your attitude to keima, because... well, better you read it yourself. :p

Also yui is the best girl in TWOGK.

Oh nah, I was just saying that in reference to your attitude to keima, because... well, better you read it yourself. :p

Also yui is the best girl in TWOGK.

there has been cuter interactions Library / Swim girl were cuter in the interactions but deepest interaction so far with a girl I have to say... Yui is ahead by a mile. With her proper upbringing I am not sure that the Sama she just said won't mean she sees him as a husband already since to her it probably will be one of those now I cannot get married cliches lol

Yet again nothing in the real world is a big deal for Keima, what amounts to be one the finest body/looks in the manga
so far does not even phase him as he looks it over. "meh seen it in games" lol

Yui has a normal reaction even fearing to bathe and pee, not Keima and he does not even care to explore much of the body he is in

Tower of God 90-103

Part 2 has completely changed my mind. I first started thinking it was just OK, I liked the cast more than the part 1 cast, but I wasn't a big fan of the sudden focus on the royal families. Once it started focusing more on FUD and tying part 1 and 2 together it got great and I think it's easily better than part 1 so far.

Somehow it never dawned on me that Viole was Baam. Until it showed the flashback panel glimpse of the redhead during the room test I never even thought of the possibility. After that it became quite obvious that when the actual reveal happened it wasn't as impactful.
Seeing Koon again and hearing about his plan is great. Hope Rachel gets it good.

Seeing the afterwards by the author after some of the chapters is great, but damn is he a troll sometimes. Nice to see him talk about when and how he wanted to foreshadow certain things along with him talking about plans ahead as well. Hearing from more authors as the series goes on would be great. It probably helps that this guy obviously has a ton of the world thought out, with him putting a character bio(of character not even in the series yet) after just about ever chapter.

Edit: Also, fuck scanlators that spoil shit and feel the need to give their commentary in the middle of chapters.

St&Rs 31

A moe alien of sorts, peropunyan, kawaii. Anyway nice personality and it was one of the best moments in this manga. Saddening that we reach this point and the manga was cancelled less than ten chapters later. Oh well wonder what he shall request of them.

TWGOK

Ok the issues I had with Keima are addressed a bit here in chapter 87
Wishing Mio good luck, understanding he[spoiler is infected[/spoiler], understanding the feelings of the girls is kinda enough for what I was missing from him

I have read mangas where every character looks very similar the artist has no range all the girls look the same but had different hair colors lol

Wakaki Tamiki has now become one of my favorite character artists... Yui's change from girly style to her new boy dress look, and now just giving an known character an older sister and still able to pull off a new look. I only see some parts repeated in the hair. I cannot wait to see Elsee's sister if this is how things are going to play out with the art in TWGOK

I have read mangas where every character looks very similar the artist has no range all the girls look the same but had different hair colors lol

Wakaki Tamiki has now become one of my favorite character artists... Yui's change from girly style to her new boy dress look, and now just giving an known character an older sister and still able to pull off a new look. I only see some parts repeated in the hair. I cannot wait to see Elsee's sister if this is how things are going to play out with the art in TWGOK

Truth to be told, I'm surprised how easy to recognise most characters are in a style with so little facial detail.

I don't think I ever got two characters mixed up.

Magi

Yeah, after watching this episode of Magi, i´m now convinced more than ever that no one can match the Kou empire militarily. Dungeon capturers, household weapons, beast from dungeons, Magi. Yeah, they are pretty much untouchable.

Magi

Yeah, after watching this episode of Magi, i´m now convinced more than ever that no one can match the Kou empire militarily. Dungeon capturers, household weapons, beast from dungeons, Magi. Yeah, they are pretty much untouchable.

I dunno we've seen that magic/mages can stand pretty evenly with dungeon weapons, also for balance sake there is a chance that a few finalis with magic weapons are just as powerful a larger group of humans with magic weapons.

Desmond

Is assassination classroom actually good btw?
I caught up on. I really enjoy it. Not too fond of the art to be fair, but it has comedy, and likeable characters. The translation is solid from what I can see. There's explanations of puns etc. at the end of most chapters. It seems to be popular, so hopefully Shueisha don't axe it.

Reknoc

Is assassination classroom actually good btw?

It's great, though I prefer Neuro still so far (and his other 1 shots I've read).

I caught up on. I really enjoy it. Not too fond of the art to be fair, but it has comedy, and likeable characters. The translation is solid from what I can see. There's explanations of puns etc. at the end of most chapters. It seems to be popular, so hopefully Shueisha don't axe it.

I don't think there's any fear of it getting the axe at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom