• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Ashita Dorobou

Yay, the best Ashita won! That was a fun read.

In the end, the supposed protagonist didn't really feel like the actual main character at all. I really liked the way the author went about it too. It was always Ashita's story. What a sweet story.

Dokusai Grimoire (Dictatorial Grimoire) 2
tumblr_mfexexXHXy1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Genderbend Cinderalla is a good character and his glass attacks are wonderful, his personality is pretty fitting and funny because of how he wants to clean everything. Grimm, main character, has the best personality though is aware of the consequences of it and being ignored by everyone though at least has some people interested in him which I hope get some screentime. The fairy tail was one I was unfamiliar with so wasn't really feeling it. Good start, hope it doesn't take three months for the next chapter...

Articalys

Damn, beat me to it by seconds. If I hadn't been out of the house until just now and hadn't wanted to get this gif I would have had it.
Well, whatever.

iYl3irSSnidZ2.gif

------------------------------------------------

Anyway, more wackiness from Jump Festa: cosplaying editors!

Zoe

Guess Takeuchi and Togashi's second child was a girl.

now get back to work, woman, and make some manga for your daughter!

Bentles

Tower of God - all

An enjoyable romp through my favourite part of shonen manga: Tests and exams with complex rules. It's not as good as hunter x hunter at these but still it provides a nice amount of twists and turns along the way with a cast of likeable characters. The art aint great but it's worth looking past for the story.

Articalys

Oh cool, it's that gif edit I made. If I wasn't feeling super lazy I'd go back and change the ice cream cone to a wedding ring or something.

Bleach

Some one on OMF brought this to my attention. What if Aizen was disguised as Okikiba, since the first division house got blown up and probably killed everyone. The explosion might have helped Aizen escape.

Kreed

Fairy Tail 312:

Alternate universes, training arcs, magic power ups, love conquers all stories, and now time travelers? Better prepare for the introduction of the evil Natsu clone next, after the revive Natsu from the dead using a magic item arc!

Fairy Tail 312:

Alternate universes, training arcs, magic power ups, love conquers all stories, and now time travelers? Better prepare for the introduction of the evil Natsu clone next, after the revive Natsu from the dead using a magic item arc!

Lucy is the new Jellal :p

Articalys

In One Piece news, they just announced Caesar's anime voice actor at Jump Festa: it's Ryusei Nakao, a.k.a. the voice of Freeza.

Planetes 1-26

Reading this after watching the anime, I couldn't help but constantly compare everything to how it was in the show. It lacked a lot of the things that made me really like the anime; the cast of characters was really pared down, the romance part was over pretty quickly, and there wasn't nearly as much focus on the world as a whole--no UN, nothing about the company they worked for, and the Space Defense Front only showed up a bit in the first half. At the same time, it didn't have a lot of the parts that made me rage, like Hachiken being an asshole for half the show and the unsatisfying resolution to the resources conflict.
It was nice seeing Fee get a bit more time in the spotlight. I could have done without the wacky guy who thought he was an alien, but it was still a nice touch to leave the question of whether he was lying or not unanswered. Hakim's appearance confused me; it seemed like we were supposed to know who he was when he showed up at the training facility, but I don't remember him showing up before that. Most of the goofier comedic elements weren't present in the manga (no ninjas on the moon), and I'd say that was for the better. When you're trying to do hard sci-fi, moon ninjas bouncing around doesn't help. Still, the manga suffered because it just felt somewhat empty and less fully realized.
Something both versions shared was a feeling of sadness about progress and development. It's not like the terrorists were portrayed as being right, but things just never turned out completely happy. Space is cold and lonely, and the astronauts were all cold and lonely people at some level, even when they did have connections back on Earth to keep them grounded. It's not a series that leaves you feeling really good about humanity in either format.

Articalys

Chikan Otoko bonus chapter 14.5

*dies from laughter*

By the way, what is it about Araki's style that makes it so popular to parody?

TWGOK 213

Ugh, boring. The vintage guy was spot on, humans are lame and Elise is weak. She had to use some cheap trick to defeat that guy.

I just want Keima to awake Elise's boss and leave that terrible time period.

Also, Chihiro is clearly the WOTY. And yes, Aoi is better than Hilda. Damn you people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom