• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What polite community did you come from, and what's your ulterior motive?

ponygaf and
part 3 Dio? please? i'll use it for a good while! but really if he only wants to do it for regulars he's friends with or has stopped because he hit a set amount it's fine

TWGOK

Why are these goddesses so selfish they only want their host girl to get the attention
how strange they are not going to pull together at all

I show be sleeping but I just can't stop reading already so late now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

Why are these goddesses so selfish they only want their host girl to get the attention

Because they're in their bodies?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TWGOK

Monogamy.

This. Also they sort of made friends with the girls they inhabit so just think of them as super aggressive wing-men in this regard. Well Yui/Mars are ok with polygamy, but that's just them.

TWGOK should have a polygamy ending.

this! they all need to work together, they should not have focused the source of power on just one guy if they wanted monogamy :(

ah wait a minute she just said poor Tenri I have to regain my power quickly and release her, So they can leave once powered up?

Solune

whats with this thread?
Normalcy when it's not Wednesday.
Read Rebirth recently. I know there's a sequel but the ending just made me rage. Everytime I finish one of his works, I hate him a little more.
I can't remember how many projects I've read that either lead to rage or hiatus, or in the case of HiatusxHiatus( aka UnbalancexUnbalance not Togashi) both.
TWGOK should have a polygamy ending.

Amen because god only knows it won't end well otherwise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
this! they all need to work together, they should not have focused the source of power on just one guy if they wanted monogamy :(

ah wait a minute she just said poor Tenri I have to regain my power quickly and release her, So they can leave once powered up?

Apparently. That just adds six more girls to the harem. Poor Keima, he didn't ask for this. All he wanted was to play his games in peace and live as a gaming god should.

Azure J

This. Also they sort of made friends with the girls they inhabit so just think of them as super aggressive wing-men in this regard. Well Yui/Mars are ok with polygamy, but that's just them.

One more reason why Yui is best of the Goddess clique.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge 16

Wow, I don't remember a single thing about what is happening in this series. Good thing it's getting an anime so I can get a refresher.

Apparently. That just adds six more girls to the harem. Poor Keima, he didn't ask for this. All he wanted was to play his games in peace and live as a gaming god should.

Ah that can't be those goddesses really won't leave? I was thinking by introducing this arc it was the mangaka's way of reducing 16 into the classic harem manga 6 but then I just see that just makes 12 main girls and lots of outsiders

Haqua's tsundere is hardcore so it is hard to count girls out

Yui's Wings are HUGE! :3 took the lead yet again

damn I need sleep nearly 3am

It's evolving. Pixel avatars were the first step, now it's the yuri vs yaoi war. The winner is already decided, though, because everyone just keeps ignoring DTL, which is kinda sad.

I think I've seen it posted maybe 10 times its just suspect so ignoring it is wise

dumbyugi

Captain Alice 1-2

This is pretty fun so far. Hasegawa really likes planes and wants to pilot one by herself, but she's only a co-pilot so she can't. But then there's an emergency and the pilot can no longer fly the plane so it's up to Hasegawa to save the day. It also seems like a little boy named Kei can see the future or some shit.

Prunus Girl 39

I wish Maki would just accept that he likes Aikawa, shit just keeps getting pushed to the side. Christmas party should be fun.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge 16

I don't remember anything that's happening in this series. Maybe I'll re-read it sometime soon.

Do You Like Your Red Beans Mashed or Whole

I like them whole.

Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou 1-2

Not bad so far, a little bit wordier then I usally like. Main girl is cute though and the story is pretty interesting so far.

Solune

it's only a matter of time until we start talkin' about doujin circles in here a la animegaf. the lewd must flow

Kizuki Aruchi of UDON-YA owns. I also like ED (Goshiki Suzu) but I haven't seen any new work from ED in a long time.

iavi

Hajime no Ippo
All Rounder Meguru
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Teppu

Are there any other manga that's like the above? Basically sports fighting manga with humors.

Teppuu feels a ton like Gamaran, more than anything. Its not a sports manga, but a samurai one with lots and lots o fighting. Occasional bouts of dark humor too.

---

I go to buy kami no shizuku only to find out that Vertical has dropped it. As if skipping ahead five volumes wasn't bad enough.

7 Seeds 10

You are the scum of society.
Welcome to survivor.

But it seems like the story is finally progressing. The art doesn't bother me that much anymore and knowing that something really happened makes this way more interesting.

I think I've seen it posted maybe 10 times its just suspect so ignoring it is wise

It's basically the only thing he posts in this thread, other than some comments on the big three here and there.

dumbyugi

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 31

Capture_zps83ed2631.jpg

Offensive.

No, really, I actually don't know what you mean, the only recent conversation I had with Beam was him arguing that me telling him that I don't think the beginning of Naruto is very good and that people overate it was somehow impeding his rights to say the opposite. Yeah, I don't think I lost that one.

Hahahah I literally died, that was obviously a joke!

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 168

Lots of war. This shit is really getting started. Still no sign of Mor. But we're getting that Aladdin flashback again, to the destruction of his home country. That was probably the time in the past when the people rejected Solomon or something. Hopefully we get an actual flashback some day to what really happened.

7 Seeds 11, or "The Hatch"

Jb6h0.png

Hello Lost!

Arashi is becoming annoying. I hope he gets reunited with his GF ASAP, so he becomes a bit more stable. I also don't get why Botan would let people leave the group like that and risking their death. I thought the groups were meant to repopulate earth, why risk the death of a member?

Team Summer B probably won't be the only team that found a hatch like that, but a fight between the groups seems inevitable. I can't wait for it.

Azure J

Crime Edge

Yay, an update! I feel like I'm going to have to re-read this series to reacquaint myself with the story though.

That being said, dat flashback.

Edit: Oh shit, it's getting an anime!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is amazing

I still have no idea what koakuma means except that it's a touhou character.

The hour of the mice v1-2

Kind of an interesting thriller about a school where the students are being used as lab rats by a pharmaceutical company, but somehow I feel that revealing alot about the premise early on (or well, at least that's what it seemed to do) robbed quite a bit of the suspense I feel it needed. Neat story though, and it's only 4 volumes long.

7 Seeds 12-13

One of the moments where I wish the art was a bit better. I love seeing architecture that was left behind and then taken over by nature, so seeing the buildings as scribbles was a bit of a bummer.

Reknoc

Read the first chapter of that thing Laughing Banana was hyping. Seems like it could be good, would have preferred it if wasn't a time travel plot, but it should be fun regardless. Shame my only knowledge of the Three Kingdoms is from Dynasty Warriors 7, all I know about Shu is they got shat on constantly.

Magi - Chapter 168

Lots of war. This shit is really getting started. Still no sign of Mor. But we're getting that Aladdin flashback again, to the destruction of his home country. That was probably the time in the past when the people rejected Solomon or something. Hopefully we get an actual flashback some day to what really happened.

Do you think what Mag has in the deep in the city has relations to what happened with Aladdin´s home?

Tower of God 103-116

I have so many ups and downs with this series... I really like the amount of world building the author has put into the series and how well thought out the world seems to be, but it kind of sucks that almost all of it is in the afterword’s instead of the actual series it is. I wasn't even aware that there was all this back-story for the character of Mazino because I was planning on running through the series then coming back to all the essay’s and afterwards. Just kind of sucks that there was a lot revealed about the world outside the tower and confirmation that both Baam and Rachel are irregulars and how Mezino came about being in the tower all in big info dumps outside of the manga itself.

That being said, this world seems massive as hell. To think that this entire series is only a little piece of a larger story he plans on telling at some point is just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom