• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

You know, that´s both good and bad. On one way, you have only 3 players on a team who can anything and the rest are trash while on the other hand there are always players more talented, and skilled than others. But it´s always wrong to only concentrate on the skilled ones and leave the rest of the team with very little attention. In Kuroko it´s one or 2 players who make the team win, and that´s really bad writing. There´s barely any development for the rest of the team. The thing that i liked the most about the prince of tennis was that even though the cast was huge, many of the cast played and showed what they got.

In the case of Kuroko, the author had written himself into a wall, the tournament for the first couple of rounds had a one day break inbetween, and then from the quarters onwards it was one match everyday, so what growth all the characters had over the summer period plateaued with the first match with the generation of miracles, all the cards have already been dealt so to speak, with no gap inbetween to "refine" what they learnt.

This is how PoT benefited from the group match system, and it was used to great effect.

Screaming Lessons dsafjhdskj
YRpp2.png
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

tl;dr - no

In Bura! 5-9

Inspired and hilarious romcom featuring a cast of fascinating characters, a genuinely interesting plot and some of the best art I've ever had the fortune to witness. Everyone should read this masterpiece now, if not sooner.

Actually it's shit but I am mentally broken right now.

scy

Baby Steps 135

About fucking time. I wonder if it'll screw up his opener match for a bit lol.

JADJk.png

It's your standard life goes on ending like in most of the comedy series so yeah... On the other hand it's only 2 volumes long so it's not like you have to invest too much time into it.

Well ... okay then. Hrm...

Screaming Lessons dsafjhdskj

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

tl;dr - no

Wait, what does this mean. What. Does this mean no more Yomi/Yumi?

Goddamnit, now I have to go catch up.

Cajun

Neo Member
Hunter x Hunter ch. 1-185

Put off this series forever because I didn't (and still don't) want to catch up to the hiatus. But still, this series started out pretty solid...besides Gon being one of the weakest protagonists of manga history for an arc. Despite being a bizarre pedophile, Hisoka is definitely my favorite character. Kurapika really interested me from the first stage of the Hunter exam when he mentioned how his people's eyes turn scarlet red when they get emotional.

Hunter exam is a good start to the series, and does a good job of world-building, Heaven's Arena continues that, Yorknew is probably in my top 5 favorite arcs period, and Greed Island was simply put, boring for me (it made me stop marathoning the series for a bit).

Wait, what does this mean. What. Does this mean no more Yomi/Yumi?

Goddamnit, now I have to go catch up.
I don't know but I'm shaking like I overdosed on a caffeine drip. That image came from a future raw so it's not happening yet.

Actually I can still see Yomi in what I think are some chapters after that one, so I suspect (i.e. sincerely hope) he just subs in for her occasionally. Could just be for the Extra stories since his chapters seem to have weird numbers of pages. Something something rationalisation.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Read the first chapter of that thing Laughing Banana was hyping. Seems like it could be good, would have preferred it if wasn't a time travel plot, but it should be fun regardless. Shame my only knowledge of the Three Kingdoms is from Dynasty Warriors 7, all I know about Shu is they got shat on constantly.

Dynasty Warriors manga?... Color me interested.

Witch Hunter 82

If this monthly release will continue i would be very happy. Alice in Wonderland, haha. This training Tasha is doing should power him up significantly.

And I'll just be happy when we skip through this training arc. Lame lack of action, and it seems like most of the drama lately is political.

Atredeus

Neo Member
I like training arcs and political drama is great. It gives depth to the story.

Depth, sure. But the story hasn't been progressing much lately. Just fighting over Halloween. The political drama in the Bairong arc was much more interesting. I also wish they'd just do something instead of perpetually setting up the four ordinal witches' war.

upandaway

At first when I looked at the pic I immediately thought "SAVE ME I'M IN MORTAL DANGER" but then I saw everyone laughing and I started laughing too.

I need to catch up on haganaganai.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't Make Me Fall For You

Short story about a sheltered girl named Kako who caught the eye of well known 'lady-killer' Ageha shortly after transferring to an all-girls school. Nothing too special, but I do like the assertive, yet understanding nature of Ageha as she tries to claim her 'prey'. I only wish this was a bit longer. :(

(G) Edition

The latest manga from Mizuki Kawashita, the renown author of popular series like Ichigo 100%, Anedoki and much more. It's a story about a young girl who wants to become a shoujo mangaka but finds out she'll actually be a famous ero mangaka in the future. It's an amusing setting coming from Kawashita because you cannot help but wonder if there are some autobiographic elements in this. Somehow I enjoyed this weird mixture of Doraemon, Bakuman and plenty of fanservice, more than most of her other manga. The non-ending was bleh though.

love her art but her stories annoy me the most

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Read the first chapter of that thing Laughing Banana was hyping. Seems like it could be good, would have preferred it if wasn't a time travel plot, but it should be fun regardless. Shame my only knowledge of the Three Kingdoms is from Dynasty Warriors 7, all I know about Shu is they got shat on constantly.

It's terrific, and the time travel plot isn't featured prominently and in fact, isn't the central point of the story at all. Read it on! The art on the later volumes evolved very significantly compared to the previous ones.

Dynasty Warriors manga?... Color me interested.

Oh man you are in for a treat especially if you like the strategies and the stories involved in the real Three Kingdom saga. The author has done his research that I can assure you.

It's terrific, and the time travel plot isn't featured prominently and in fact, isn't the central point of the story at all. Read it on! The art on the later volumes evolved very significantly compared to the previous ones.

Oh man you are in for a treat especially if you like the strategies and the stories involved in the real Three Kingdom saga. The author has done his research that I can assure you.

I'm intrigued. What's the title?

Hunter x Hunter ch. 1-185

Put off this series forever because I didn't (and still don't) want to catch up to the hiatus. But still, this series started out pretty solid...besides Gon being one of the weakest protagonists of manga history for an arc. Despite being a bizarre pedophile, Hisoka is definitely my favorite character. Kurapika really interested me from the first stage of the Hunter exam when he mentioned how his people's eyes turn scarlet red when they get emotional.

Hunter exam is a good start to the series, and does a good job of world-building, Heaven's Arena continues that, Yorknew is probably in my top 5 favorite arcs period, and Greed Island was simply put, boring for me (it made me stop marathoning the series for a bit).
Keep reading. The tone changes again in the chimera arc. My favorite arc of the series. It was HORRIBLE I read with the hiatuses but in one sitting, it's the best. Like I told someone earlier, read the volumes not the weeklies. The art was fixed in the volumes.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Blade of the Immortal's main protagonist is interesting in that he always look so weak compared to his main adversaries even though he is touted as the 100 man killers. In fact, if not because of his immortality he won't survive that long in the manga, hahaha.

Blade of the Immortal's main protagonist is interesting in that he always look so weak compared to his main adversaries even though he is touted as the 100 man killers. In fact, if not because of his immortality he won't survive that long in the manga, hahaha.

He says as much. He admits his strategy is to hold out until his opponents get tired in every battle because he won't die from small attacks.

Yeah, Samura is great. Too bad about some of his other interests.

But his torture fetish is the reason why his anatomy is so good. I mean, look at this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom