• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Girls of Sun and Sea

qMkJN.jpg

Short one-shot about a girl named Mizuka who decided to pay a visit to her childhood friend that she hasn't seen for over 5 years. Ready to reunite with the boy that captured her heart so long ago, you could imagine her surprise that said boy was actually a girl all along.

Bonus points for having a tan-skinned character, gives the story as a whole an exotic feel to it.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Girls of Sun and Sea

Short one-shot about a girl named Mizuka who decided to pay a visit to her childhood friend that she hasn't seen for over 5 years. Ready to reunite with the boy that captured her heart so long ago, you could imagine her surprise that said boy was actually a girl all along.

Bonus points for having a tan-skinned character, gives the story as a whole an exotic feel to it.

Much better than DTL <3

Girls of Sun and Sea

added to list, what is it like 12 pages?

Bossun

Magi

The mages gonna get destroyed. They're the first one to show their strenght? Shonen rules implied they're gonna get trashed.

Sket Dance

Fun chapter. All these puns are killing me.

Cage of Eden

I can already see the ending :Keima:

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I thought the Jet Black Wedding arc was really lame, mostly compounded by the fact it was almost impossible for non-Japanese speakers to follow, but the current arc hasn't been that bad.

Yeah I agree. I found myself skipping through panels just to get through each chapter.

Igo

Cage of Eden was canceled? I haven't read since the fake doctor showed so i don't really know what's going on. Has this all been some virtual reality thing made to keep their memories alive or are they actually physically alive somewhere?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Cage of Eden was canceled? I haven't read since the fake doctor showed so i don't really know what's going on. Has this all been some virtual reality thing made to keep their memories alive or are they actually physically alive somewhere?

Back to the future (tm)

This manga probably does the worst "NEW MYSTERY REVEALED, WAIT NEXT CHAPTER FOR ANSWER" trope I have ever seen in my life.

No. Tenri/Diana is the best combo. Repent and you may be spared.

eh how's that unless Yui has a really lame goddess inside her I am not at that part yet she is still creeping Keima out give the dude a dress for crying out loud.

Yui could use this energy and get her own chicks I be half this harem would fall before her if she came on to those girls and NTR Keima lol thats how kickass this girl is

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Get out.

What's the best way to read Yandere Kanojo? Does it matter whether I read the Joker chapters or the magazine chapters first?

Just read it all in the order you see it. Mix the Joker and magazine chapters, read both issues #1 right after one another. Plot points mix together eventually.

Also Diana/Tenri is obviously the best. What, don't you like magic tricks?

I'd say it's decent. I mean
she's still going to go for it, even after the fact that her first crush/love is a girl.

so wait these mangas are written for women
I goess so they don't like to watch? I wanted to see those girls were hot :3

but yeah it was cute and sweet

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
SDBurton is still a neophyte in the ways of yuri manga, I believe.

Aw. Ah well, then I'd give octave as a recommendation. One of the few yuri mangas which actually explores how people live in a homosexual relationship, like dealing with how friends and family might respond to the change.

Also has alot of sex.

SDBurton

BTW, seeing that you're into yuri, have you ever read octave?

Not yet, my yuri-fu when it comes to manga is not as fierce as it is compared to anime. Since this winter isn't looking too hot regarding the latter, I'll be spending more of my time reading. I'll be sure to check it out and give my thoughts on it.

Quixzlizx

Just read it all in the order you see it. Mix the Joker and magazine chapters, read both issues #1 right after one another. Plot points mix together eventually.

Also Diana/Tenri is obviously the best. What, don't you like magic tricks?

So I should go 1/1/2/2/3/3/etc.?

And Yui is mai husbandu.

Solune

Good man. I love/miss Ar Tonelico.
Kyoudai~
disappearance of yuki nagato 9-12

iCb1ST0LXDlA5.gif
Ahh the same artist as The Fox Lover, debating on reading.
Molester Man ~5

The Legendary 5 Way Orgy End.

Dead.
The best ending sans Kansai End.
edit: Thanks again. You da best.

Hey now, I love Alan Davies (especially in Jonathan Creek) as much as the next guy, but we all know 2D>>>>>>>>>>>>3D
In ManGAF this is known.
So, ManGAF, since I've started and liked yet another series I only noticed because of comments here, I'm starting to post instead of only lurking. The most recent ones that I've really liked are Molester Man and Baby Steps. I never would've read either Molester Man otherwise because of what I'd have expected from the name or Baby Steps because I usually don't like sports manga except Giant Killing and tennis doesn't interest me at all, but the positive impressions, that image after Natsu's last victory that upandaway posted a few weeks ago and the talk about confession of the year which is the kind of thing I wanted after the nice ending to Molester Man got me to read it and it's probably the most chapters of a manga I've ever read in a day (ch. 27-147 yesterday). I'll probably also try more sports manga now. Though the latest chapters really are so cringeworthy with Ide's support and heroism.
Definitely read Eyeshield 21 if you haven't checked it out already, since you're reading Onepunch-man anyways.
Yeah, it can be pretty depressing to read at times. Helped a lot by those faces that artist draws that make it seem like the character is watching their entire family being ravaged by the Huns right in front of them.

Mangaka smut is good stuff. Best 4 first pages.
Just as I was reading it, it's by freakin Im Dal Young.
Having said that, this thread precisely has been more active lately (outside the Wednesday 'Happy Hours' and all that), or at least I have that impression right now as an outsider...
Eh hem, a gentleman such as yourself is always welcome around these parts /XX/-san.
Can't be stated enough, awesome work all around! gonna change my avatar to the Onizuka using the teal background.
Sherlock > Jotaro Kujo > Robin > Itachi > Urahara

Get at me.

My Ringtone.

SDBurton

Kuchibiru ni Suketa Orange

When backcountry girl Chizuru first laid eyes upon the new transfer student Kanae, she was captivated by her beauty. With her sense of style and charismatic personality, it was a given Kanae would hang out with the popular kids and see Chizuru as nothing more than a classroom decor. How wrong she was. Easily making her way into Chizuru's group and becoming a regular, everyday was now a struggle of keeping her newly discovered emotions for the transfer girl in check. Love, obsession, and twisted affection lead to a steamy payoff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I literally died the first time I've seen it. But I'm sure Japan can top itself even though that's a really high bar to beat.

Wait for the inevitable anime adaption.

=/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Most likely a light novel adaption. There are tons of series out there with such ridiculous title

iWvfCHNu7nDaT.jpg

Why my tsuntsun koakuma sister became dere before becoming my waifu

I don't even know what koukuma means.

I don't know if I should feel relieved about that.

I just wanted to duck in and say that Neoriceisgood is a great artist.

Not being a frequenter of this subcommunity, I'd feel remiss begging for one, but I want to complement him on his style.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, Beam got you pretty good the other day.
Offensive.

No, really, I actually don't know what you mean, the only recent conversation I had with Beam was him arguing that me telling him that I don't think the beginning of Naruto is very good and that people overate it was somehow impeding his rights to say the opposite. Yeah, I don't think I lost that one.

Atredeus

Neo Member
I just wanted to duck in and say that Neoriceisgood is a great artist.

Not being a frequenter of this subcommunity, I'd feel remiss begging for one, but I want to complement him on his style.

What polite community did you come from, and what's your ulterior motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom