• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely a light novel adaption. There are tons of series out there with such ridiculous title

iWvfCHNu7nDaT.jpg

Why my tsuntsun koakuma sister became dere before becoming my waifu

I'd read the shit out of that.

probably, there are more pressing things to get agitated and hostile about in life than peoples opinions on the opinion one has of the entertainment and series that pleases them, clearly no ones stance on these hotly discussed series has ever been shifted so its essentially a task thats equivalent to punching a wall, futile and frustrating x the number of chapters released in a year.

I actually agree with this :O

I don't know what you're talking about I win every argument

duty_calls.png

Kusagari

Most likely a light novel adaption. There are tons of series out there with such ridiculous title

iWvfCHNu7nDaT.jpg

Why my tsuntsun koakuma sister became dere before becoming my waifu

Anime adaptations lead me to believe that half of the light novels in Japan are Oreimo clones.

El Sloth

Banned
Suicide Island
It's so good. At first, I was put off by guide that explained how to suicide better but later on, it become better and entertaining. I really like character development in this manga.
The hunt in the mountains is so awesome.
Sket Dance
It's great manga. I felt that manga were inspired by Gintama and their sense of humors.
I'm pretty sure the author was an assistant to the author of Gintama, so yeah it is!

TWGOK 116

Okay that has just gone over board dark, yet before this the whole crisis seemed all laid back you really forgot Keima could lose his head and die over this whole thing. The intro was awesome she is deeper into him than Tenri seems to be. If that was the small fry I don't mind seeing what he has to do or who's heart has to break to get his to his goals, so it's going to get brutal?

Akito

So I'm done with my Mizu Sahara marathon much earlier than expected, half of her works is Shounen Ai so I was gladly skipping them. All that's left were some more oneshots which didn't get compiled into a collection, nothing really worthy of mention.
I was enjoying it, Sukima Shiki in particular was great but nothing was able to hold the candle to her non-oneshot manga, The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices of the Distant Star are a nice read for those who enjoyed the movies. My Girl is a non-flawed version of Usagi Drop and Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan still one of the greatest love stories ever told.

TWGOK 116

Okay that has just gone over board dark, yet before this the whole crisis seemed all laid back you really forgot Keima could lose his head and die over this whole thing. The intro was awesome she is deeper into him than Tenri seems to be. If that was the small fry I don't mind seeing what he has to do or who's heart has to break to get his to his goals, so it's going to get brutal?

The Goddess Saga you've been waiting to read begins now.

flawfuls

So I'm done with my Mizu Sahara marathon much earlier than expected, half of her works is Shounen Ai so I was gladly skipping them. All that's left were some more oneshots which didn't get compiled into a collection, nothing really worthy of mention.
I was enjoying it, Sukima Shiki in particular was great but nothing was able to hold the candle to her non-oneshot manga, The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices of the Distant Star are a nice read for those who enjoyed the movies. My Girl is a non-flawed version of Usagi Drop and Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan still one of the greatest love stories ever told.

What about Tetsugaku Letra?

Atredeus

Neo Member
Cage of Eden 183

Bah, we all saw this coming, and now it just feels rushed. I feel an incredibly unsatisfying conclusion coming on.

Aka no Haikyo 1-7 (END)

Dammit. It began with so much promise (feMC loses parents, wallows in despair, goes back to rural village where her father was born), then it degenerated into sparkly vampires. The 'villain' was the male equivalent of Flandre Scarlet of all the irritating things.

dramatis

Hey Mangaf, what do you say about making a thread about suggestions and lesser known manga for newcomers, with the OP linking to various posts of Mangaf chanting praise about a particular manga ?
Honestly, I think this thread works out well for that. Most of the time someone walks in and asks for suggestions, and somebody drops a crate on him. This sometimes leads to discussion of the suggestions and whatnot, so I think it's okay to wallow around in here.

I suppose my problem is that mostly people who want to try manga look at the shiny pictures in the OP and never scroll down a bit more and read the text that link to cosmicblizzard's or flawfuls's threads.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly, I think this thread works out well for that. Most of the time someone walks in and asks for suggestions, and somebody drops a crate on him. This sometimes leads to discussion of the suggestions and whatnot, so I think it's okay to wallow around in here.

I suppose my problem is that mostly people who want to try manga look at the shiny pictures in the OP and never scroll down a bit more and read the text that link to cosmicblizzard's or flawfuls's threads.

Hence why I suggested for the next thread to have a list of 10 completed series in the OP (like the lists we already have there) for people to read.

scy

Anime adaptations lead me to believe that half of the light novels in Japan are Oreimo clones.

Oreimo was truly a revolutionary work.

I literally died the first time I've seen it. But I'm sure Japan can top itself even though that's a really high bar to beat.

Improving that title ... don'tknowifIcantakeit.

Wait for the inevitable anime adaption.

I never knew I could want something more.

TWGOK 116

A lot of things change (for the better) with this chapter.

Akito

Baby Steps 148
Damn, the third set will be brutal.

Tetsugaku Letra 1
Wow, that was a fantastic first chapter. It has done a brilliant job introducing and establishing the background stories of the main characters and there was even enough closure that it could have easily been a standalone oneshot. I'm already sad that this series is not getting regular updates.

Wiseblade

Baby Steps

Training, Hard work and good genes < Performance enhancing drugs < Making a victory promise to an injured child moments before an important sporting event.

Ide should be banned from the sport for cheating.

Also, YES MORE BABY STEPS DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Medaka Box really needs to get better... it's been poor since the end of the Medaka vs Zenkichi arc really. Or maybe Nisio just sucks and it'll never get better again.

scy

Cage of Eden 183 - It was all a theme park!

Nyotai-ka Volume 3 - Sappy end to the arc. I'm ... not really sure what the long-term goal of this manga is. Not that I'll ever read another chapter since this just got dropped.

Baby Steps 148 - Reset the match, I guess. Things are a lot more dramatic like this.

So ... Natsu to show up for Ei-chan's power-up?!

Medaka Box really needs to get better... it's been poor since the end of the Medaka vs Zenkichi arc really. Or maybe Nisio just sucks and it'll never get better again.

Maybe Anshin'in knew something when she was saying she'd finish the manga with the Zenkichi Box arc :(

Akito

Tetsugaku Letra 2
How come pretty much all of the parents/grandparents in Mizu Sahara's manga are so great, Kimitaka's mother was totally MVP this time.

Tetsugaku Letra 3.1
So much character developments in my mango, I can't handle it. Not only he was able to make new friends, he can already talk with them about the conflict with his sister and is even willing to learn Flamenco on his own now.

iuYzJxACWbvhU.jpg

That was just too sweet.

Goddamn it, that was not even the whole chapter. One more slow series to suffer.

Soma

Man I'm really tempted to read the Wolf Children Ame and Yuki manga since I have no clue when I'll be able to watch the film.

I've still been enjoying it lately. I like Shiranui so the focus on her in this current arc has been appreciated. But yeah the series hasn't been able to top the Medaka's Successor arc yet.

Kusagari

I thought the Jet Black Wedding arc was really lame, mostly compounded by the fact it was almost impossible for non-Japanese speakers to follow, but the current arc hasn't been that bad.

Cwarrior

jojo part 2 ch84

bwahahaha
stroheim came back as a cyborg

I though I liked Joseph Joestar more then Jotaro but after seeing how over powered & ultra cocky he is, I realized Jotaro is Superior(i know joesph more then I know jotaro so far).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
In the land of pixelated avatars, a warrior called Laughing Banana is still resisting the temptation of changing his avatars even though he receives daily pressures to succumb!

lol okay my next read :)

Success! :D

ryuuroden is great, I read it when I'm still in high school but the volume release in my local country is so long that I prettmy much forgot to cought up with it, and the scanlation effort now is still far behind since the last volume I read.

maybe time for a re-read, I kinda forgot most about it, just remember it's very engaging back then when I still read it.

Yeah, it's fantastic. Go back and re-read all of it! It will still be as fantastic as you remembered back then!

PK Gaming

I thought the Jet Black Wedding arc was really lame, mostly compounded by the fact it was almost impossible for non-Japanese speakers to follow, but the current arc hasn't been that bad.

yeah same

it sucks because current medaka (the character) >>> old medaka by a mile. she needs to partake in a better arc I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom