• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
To any AKB49 readers out there, I advise you not to search for pictures on the real life AKB members the manga based itself on.

When I saw what real Maeda looked like suffice to say I was very disappointed, hahaha.

Kurita

To any AKB49 readers out there, I advise you not to search for pictures on the real life AKB members the manga based itself on.

When I saw what real Maeda looked like suffice to say I was very disappointed, hahaha.

Some of them are way uglier, Maeda is still kinda cute.

Kurita

So you're saying you prefer 2D over 3D?

tumblr_mfe2eu54zr1qzu8g4o1_1280.png

Reknoc

Hmm that reminds me, I haven't picked up a Pluto volume since 3 and haven't been able to find Shingeki 2 :(

#supportlocalcomicstore

Pluto is on my list as well, but now that my vacation is over, I barely get to read anything. I'm even missing all the excitingly boring CES stuff.

TWGOK

ah this shit got me depressed Chihiro is probable the only normal girl to like Keima before he targeted her, she is the only normal girl period in this whole thing. The rejection was not as brutal as I was expecting but having Diana come out and make her claims so early in his reflection time gave Keima little time to think about what he just did. WTF is up with Diana anyway none of the others are in love with their host's guy.

Mercury looks nothing like her host why is that?

FYC

Banned
REAL
Shngeki No Kyojin
Good Night Punpun
I Am a Hero
Assassination Classroom
Eyeshield 21
One Punch-Man

Thanks for the recommendations, added to my list! Alhough for a second I thought you meant this REAL

5) Non Stop Love Power
Sei is one of those kids who's obsessed with the supernatural. When he convinces his classmates to join him for a courage test at a nearby house that is supposed to be haunted, he doesn't expect his classmate Hayami to get possessed by a ghost. While the other boys run away, Sei is left to deal with his possessed friend. Possessed or not, what does Hayami think he's doing kissing him like that?

Akito

Ibitsu 1-2 (end)

It's your typical "a urban legend turns out to be true" type of horror story, this time it's a gothic lolita who wants to be your little sister/kill your little sister/kill you/all of these above. The characters act dumb as shit (as expected of a horror story) and you can see where the story is going most of the time but at least gothic lolita girl is disturbing enough. Not the greatest horror story by any means but serviceable if you're in the mood for one.

dumbyugi

Love Tyrant 1-3

This is pretty funny. It's just the right amount of silly.

Denkigai no Honya-san 1

There's not enough out right now to fully judge it but so far it's seems like it'll be a fun series.

Ibitsu 1-2 (end)

It's your typical "a urban legend turns out to be true" type of horror story, this time it's a gothic lolita who wants to be your little sister/kill your little sister/kill you/all of these above. The characters act dumb as shit (as expected of a horror story) and you can see where the story is going most of the time but at least gothic lolita girl is disturbing enough. Not the greatest horror story by any means but serviceable if you're in the mood for one.

I'm surprised by the lack of good horror stories in anime and manga. Especially anime, though. I asked few times in the thread, but mostly got some average-at-best stuff ("Vampire family moves into a small town, takes everyone over, art was terrible, everyone had a weird hair cut, forgot the name) and when it was good, it was more mystery than horror, like the excellent Mononoke.

FYC

Banned
At least if he does get to reading the best manga ever he'll be floored by how much better it is.

I have been thinking of switching over to the manga, as I've heard many times that it is far better than the anime. I'm just a bit unsure if I should since I'm somewhat far in(90 or so episodes). Would you recommend I start over or just read from where I'm at in the show, which is the end of the Drum Island arc?

Kurita

I have been thinking of switching over to the manga, as I've heard many times that it is far better than the anime. I'm just a bit unsure if I should since I'm somewhat far in(90 or so episodes). Would you recommend I start over or just read from where I'm at in the show, which is the end of the Drum Island arc?

Just read from where you are.

Reknoc

I was on about Neuro :<

But with One Piece it doesn't really matter, you may as well read from where you I. When I went from anime to manga I started it from the beginning, but the only massive changes are the opening chapter and Sanji's flashback.

Akito

I'm surprised by the lack of good horror stories in anime and manga. Especially anime, though. I asked few times in the thread, but mostly got some average-at-best stuff ("Vampire family moves into a small town, takes everyone over, art was terrible, everyone had a weird hair cut, forgot the name) and when it was good, it was more mystery than horror, like the excellent Mononoke.
Yeah, it's a really underused genre. And Shiki was a comedy if anything, well the second half, the first half was incredibly boring.
At least you can find some good horror manga here and there.

FYC

Banned
I was on about Neuro :<

Oops! Completely forgot about that. Will check out the manga instead then.

But with One Piece it doesn't really matter, you may as well read from where you I. When I went from anime to manga I started it from the beginning, but the only massive changes are the opening chapter and Sanji's flashback.

Thanks again to you and Kurita. I'll stop bugging you guys now.

hey manga gaf can i joi-

Chopper_Running_and_Crying_by_RyuuketsuEG.gif

Anyways if anyone wants to be my friend / recommend me stuff / make fun of my tastes here you go http://myanimelist.net/profile/Godofnerdiness

Haven't read much manga, need to change that. Berserk is on top of my to do list.
you have such low capatibility with me, at least you have naruto as a favorite manga, mine http://myanimelist.net/profile/27CansOfTuna

I suggest katekyo hitman reborn, assassination classroom, hungry joker, code breaker, and ultimo.

Lain

Magnolia vol 2
myk.jpeg

This volume contained so much faux yaoi it almost hurt, though there is something quite delicious in seeing Ayato becoming flustered as his conviction of wanting to become a man basically crumbles the moment Hugo starts kissing him/her. I guess it's because he looks so much like a girl.

The introduction of Orie could bring in a needed piece to help Ayato stay strong and not be swayed by Hugo (and turn into a woman), since Lily has been captivated by those two brothers (I get some very bad feelings from them, they've got to have some ulterior motives) and doesn't seem to be much help. She could also introduce some drama into the mix, given how Ayato's words had such an effect on her, especially after she found out that he's going to pick a person to marry in a month.
I'll say though that I wouldn't mind it if Ayato turned into a woman instead of becoming a man, given that the posible male partners so far are more interesting, but him becoming a man and getting Orie or Lily wouldn't be half bad either.

Akito

iYZFXhFPIzN1g.jpg

New KNIM cover for the Smut 10 banner

i3qCqMxb2ZXSQ.jpg

And the newest Again cover, I need to catch up with it, looks really nice... the top half.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Magi 168
Them high class magicians can really dish out the pain. Laems forces are just getting slaughtered as both racist Dumbledore and the lady high priestess are narrating the fight. This shit is gonna get epic once the finalis corps get in there and start smashing shit.

dramatis

can i have the sailor moon avi? :3 from neoriceisgoods art? idk how to cut it out and make it an avi lol
Neoriceisgood's SM with the yellow bg, I think it is unclaimed:
sailormoon_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pk1c8.png

Oh man another week of no SJ dunno if this thread can handle it lol
This thread is actually moving ridiculously fast. Three weeks and already more than a quarter of the way to 20k posts. We'll survive another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom