• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood Lad 4 - 7

Color page inserts were nice, favorite one had wolf and staz on it, the boxing match is definitely the most memorable moment so far and I did like how they met up then that friendship moment and what not. Still just wanna know what true magic powers staz is hiding and what not, and if Wolf can stay a part of the plot.

Blood Lad 4 - 7

Color page inserts were nice, favorite one had wolf and staz on it, the boxing match is definitely the most memorable moment so far and I did like how they met up then that friendship moment and what not. Still just wanna know what true magic powers staz is hiding and what not, and if Wolf can stay a part of the plot.

I've always thought that Sakamichi no Apollon might be your kind of thing. It has no BL, but the bromance in the manga is pretty damned near so.

Neoriceisgood's SM with the yellow bg, I think it is unclaimed:
sailormoon_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pk1c8.png

Yeah nobody took that one, so it's free.

Seeing the pickup manga posts I want to post mine too, but I buy manga in bulk and posting pics that show the covers is a hassle (for everyone involved).
So I'll just link some pics of the pile.
All manga I received in the past 2 weeks
http://i.picpar.com/5yk.png
http://i.picpar.com/3yk.png
http://i.picpar.com/6yk.png

And these are the ones I had forgotten to put in the pile:
http://i.picpar.com/4yk.png

Y'all's places get Manga we dont get but then the ones we do get, theyre behind on over there :/ Nice pickups. Is one of those hardcover?

Stinky

Bought a few mangas yesterday...
Long live Shin Chan.
1xUHt.jpg

Sooo jealous of that I am a Hero, would love to be able buy them in English.

Rarely see you guys post pickups, do you just not buy manga? I got a lot recently:

SrI1J.jpg

I'll be sad to finish black Jack, but I'm very excited to start Phoenix

Defuser

Love Tyrant ch 1 - 3
Kissnote, Yandere, Yuri and a fuck up angel. This is good lol.

Anyway what's up with Again!! translations? There's no new chapters coming up this few months.

Rarely see you guys post pickups, do you just not buy manga? I got a lot recently:

Usually get some weekly, well along with anime, but I only just post in one thread :/, or at least, looking at my calendar, guess Im getting at least some volume of manga every week from now through well some of the summer...

SrI1J.jpg

I'll be sad to finish black Jack, but I'm very excited to start Phoenix

Damnit, I've been searching for Phoenix for years, but they arent' sold anywhere in Malaysia. Where did you get them?

eh, how did Diana get her wings? What did Tenri tell her?

I don't like these cut off secret conversations that the reader does not find out about until later the manga was not like this before :|

I know Tenri was show with wings briefly but the how ongoing Diana begging for wings arc threw that off a bit.

what was that?

I could tell Chihiro was in fact a master gamer who had come up with her own master plan!

Which is why she's waifu #1

I could see her as someone who secretly plays those girl gets boys games that Keima played when he was in Yui's body... it would also explain why she made fun of Keima so much because he publicly does something that she does secretly and her gaming is part of her confessing to every cute boy thing she has... well it would be if it was the case anyway. Even if this turns out wrong... She is still the most normal match for Keima regardless everyone else won't match as well

Elsie has been exiled so her bigbro love does not show up in the end, when all of the goddess fuss is over you can only end the manga with Chihiro no matter what

Can we expect a Saturday release like the last one?

I hope so, I want my One Piece!

I could see her as someone who secretly plays those girl gets boys games that Keima played when he was in Yui's body... it would also explain why she made fun of Keima so much because he publicly does something that she does secretly and her gaming is part of her confessing to every cute boy thing she has... well it would be if it was the case anyway. Even if this turns out wrong... She is still the most normal match for Keima regardless everyone else won't match as well

Elsie has been exiled so her bigbro love does not show up in the end, when all of the goddess fuss is over you can only end the manga with Chihiro no matter what

Goddess arc is not the final arc tho, just warning you.

Stinky

Damnit, I've been searching for Phoenix for years, but they arent' sold anywhere in Malaysia. Where did you get them?

Amazon, at least the .co.uk site, has volumes 2,7,8 and I believe also 11 and 12.

The rest are out of print but you can find volumes 2-5 on certain scanlation sites if you know where to look.

EDIT: I checked, Amazon.com has 2,7,8,11 and 12.

Really wish there was a reprint or more scanlations.

Goddess arc is not the final arc tho, just warning you.

well yeah I'm on chapter 187 right now and the current manga is at 214, as successful as this series has been not sure if it will end so easily could have ended a few chapters from now and I would have been happy but this is not the case.

hopefully Keima will show he true loves one of them by the end... hard to find clues that he loves anyone. He really cares but love is not showing up

Amazon, at least the .co.uk site, has volumes 2,7,8 and I believe also 11 and 12.

The rest are out of print but you can find volumes 2-5 on certain scanlation sites if you know where to look.

EDIT: I checked, Amazon.com has 2,7,8,11 and 12.

Really wish there was a reprint or more scanlations.

:( I hope somone reprints them soon.

I want these and planetes.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Anyways if anyone wants to be my friend / recommend me stuff / make fun of my tastes here you go http://myanimelist.net/profile/Godofnerdiness

Haven't read much manga, need to change that. Berserk is on top of my to do list.

Since you liked Onani Master Kurosawa and I didn't see anyone recommend it yet, read Molester Man. You don't seem to mind shonen going by your anime list as well, so I'll also recommend Magi and Hunter x Hunter, however with that one you must be aware that there's less chapters per year than for a monthly manga, despite being serialized in a weekly magazine.

I'm all for opinions but you scored Naruto a 10...I think I need to sit down and contemplate the mysteries of life.

Hey, everybody once thought something was great when it wasn't. When I started with manga after getting into it with One Piece the first manga I read after was Fairy Tail and I then thought it was great. That's just the ignorance when you don't know better, which is especially bad when you're confronted with the novelty of a new medium.

Assassination Classroom 1-26

I knew the premise was weird before reading it from snippets of info here and there, but I didn't expect it to be like this. So far it hasn't gotten stale for me yet, which I was worried about for a while. I definitely like the humor, but do the non-E class students really need to be portrayed that awfully. And why has not a single one of the students been seen questioning whether it's okay to kill Korosensei even with what he claims? Makes the studens appear as if they've been accustomed to assassination and death for a while before his appearance already.

Oh, and it had the most random and unexpected Jack Sparrow and Lara Croft cameo I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom