• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yeah I'm on chapter 187 right now and the current manga is at 214, as successful as this series has been not sure if it will end so easily could have ended a few chapters from now and I would have been happy but this is not the case.

hopefully Keima will show he true loves one of them by the end... hard to find clues that he loves anyone. He really cares but love is not showing up
It would be really out of character for Keima to fall in love with a real girl, he's just not attracted to them like that.

Shōnen Sunday is in a tough spot right now and TWGOK is too important for them, it's not going to end anytime soon. After the current arc we still have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Heck we still haven't even seen Elsie's sister, unless she actually is Akari.

Milamber

Can I make a small personal review here?

Ichinensei ni Nacchattara v1~8

Wow, I have opened my eyes. First time someone recommended this manga to me, I checked what types it falls under and immediately withdrew. Look...

Gender Bender
Lolicon
Ecchi

Action
Comedy
Drama
School Life
Sci-fi
Seinen
Slice of Life

The first three are heavily bolded cause they feature heavily. That was 2 years ago. Never touched it. Found it again and since I was bored I decided to give the first volume a chance, then the next, then the next... 8 volumes later, I am eagerly awaiting the next volume to be released.

What the hell!? It has "Gender Bender" and "Lolicon" and "Ecchi" written all over it but I was not put off. This may be due to the fact that a sheer majority of it is "Slice of Life". I'm gonna reread this manga after rereading through Yotsuba again.

Anyway, I recommend this manga and don't put it off just because of the top three tags.

EDIT: Hnngh, I had to rewrite this 3 times now in order to avoid spoilers.

eh I'm lost... one chapter ends up entering an All Girls school next Chapter is Wife Lunchboxes :|

Yui is still losing points with me since she keeps giving Keima dresses making her lose her spot in my heart :(

That's what I figured, but it would be funny if she did learn a trick that good. I mean she does know some impressive ones as it is.

TZ4v7.png

scy

eh I'm lost... one chapter ends up entering an All Girls school next Chapter is Wife Lunchboxes :|

Yui is still losing points with me since she keeps giving Keima dresses making her lose her spot in my heart :(

Does not compute.

Edit: "You're the best at making flowers appear from a hat, Tenri!!" :lol

Shouta

To any AKB49 readers out there, I advise you not to search for pictures on the real life AKB members the manga based itself on.

When I saw what real Maeda looked like suffice to say I was very disappointed, hahaha.

Maeda and Oshima probably got the best lifts in the manga though, I actually kind of like the real Oshima.

Most of the AKB girls are fairly normal though compared to other idols and models, that's sort of their appeal. They won't be the best looking girl in a room but it's just enough to stand out. Make-up, costumes, and personality cover the rest.

Does not compute.

Edit: "You're the best at making flowers appear from a hat, Tenri!!" :lol

I'm on some strange chapter where they are all fighting over him... Ayumi is calling him Darling, Yui comes in ridding on a carriage says to Ayumi I'll marry him too. Presents Keima with a wedding dress for him to wear which he says he is getting tired of this setting

so am I :|

after all of this I almost want to stop reading TWGOK
I don't want to go back 10 years, maybe I'll stop here and do another catch up in 6 months

edit: why does Nora even bother wearing a top?

upandaway

Vita Arcana and Jojolion
Hmm.. I think Yokatta might be negligibly cheaper than cdjapan (my shipping calculations will be different from yours, for me they're cheaper) but the other options I had don't have these, so I'd go with either of those 2

I was worried about One Punch-Man not having furiganas but turns out it has them, sweet!
It does?! When I looked on the site they didn't.. oh what the hell.

I wonder.. should I.. oh man...

Wait Kurita you can read?

retcon: just calculated my monies till the end of the year, i'm dry with just a new computer and a 3DS for the entire year.. arghhh

Kurita

It does?! When I looked on the site they didn't.. oh what the hell.

I wonder.. should I.. oh man...

Wait Kurita you can read?

retcon: just calculated my monies till the end of the year, i'm dry with just a new computer and a 3DS for the entire year.. arghhh

Well, I can read hiraganas and katakanas but I don't necessarily understand what I'm reading. Didn't start learning kanjis.
I've been taking Japanese lessons since October so... I mean I can introduce myself, make basic sentences, all that stuff. Not that useful when you read mangas.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I prefer to read a manga which is all kanji, because I still have some knowledge of reading chinese left in my brain.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's why I get chinese translated versions. :p

Not too many anymore though, because my reading comprehension is seriously slipping.

7 Seeds 16-17

My God. What a way to introduce the team. It's hard to say they're the best team so far, but they're definitely the most likable group of the three. The love triangle seems to be a bit weird as well. Mitsuru would do them both, but even a yaoi path with Taka and Fubuki didn't seem unlikely for a second. Must be the art. :lol I can't see them fighting over Mitsuru, Taka seems mentally too weak and if Fubuki pulls another hero stunt, he can probably win her over. If he doesn't die first.

omg everything is so dramatic!

Stinky

KAIJI Arc 3 volume 12

Second last volume, and wow. Thanks for the mahjong stuff you guys showed me, I understood some of the hands and plays better, but that's not what made this volume so good.

The plan to work out Kaiji's hand by counting the other tiles was brilliant especially the president thinking of the idea.. That last panel is priceless.

Also, sweet sweet justice. Miyoshi and Maeda are more naive than malicious but they deserved those punches.

Kaiji even told of that Teiai brat!

A Girls 1-15 (END)

deep shit

A kid who's lived in an orphaned island community all his life is suddenly reunited with his parents. Premise seemed interesting at first, but it developed into a poorly written mystery with terrible characters and my interest died about halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom