• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Elsie as a sidekick. During that long stretch when she got demoted and Haqua replaced her I remember we were all glad to see her again when she came back to cook for that one chapter.

upandaway

I really like both Elsie and Haqua. I really like Genos too.. and Ato and Hinagiku. Dunno what it is with me and useless people, I love too many of them!! It's like I'm trying to give myself bad luck sometimes!

The only time Elsie was good was when she was pretending to be Kanon.
So, 95% of the series and 5% of her total screentime?

(literally)

flawfuls

KAIJI Arc 3 volume 12

Second last volume, and wow. Thanks for the mahjong stuff you guys showed me, I understood some of the hands and plays better, but that's not what made this volume so good.

The plan to work out Kaiji's hand by counting the other tiles was brilliant especially the president thinking of the idea.. That last panel is priceless.

Also, sweet sweet justice. Miyoshi and Maeda are more naive than malicious but they deserved those punches.

Kaiji even told of that Teiai brat!

Oh shit part 3 is fully translated! How did I not notice until now?

7 Seeds 18-19

What. The. Fuck.

This is killing me. After starting so slow, this manga finally got me by the balls.

Fubuki is such a man. The second I thought Taka got left behind with his depressing feelings, Fubuki came for him and after saving everyone, he even got the girl. Not for long, though. After his tragic death, I thought Taka and Mitsuru would live on. Taka, the one who couldn't save his friend, and Mitsuru, who lost her loved one. A life full of regret, at least until they encountered another team. But then she had her last dance and I screamed "How the hell could she do that to him...", even though i got it. She was the first to point out that their team already failed. Still, what a waste of a precious human life. If that kick in the balls wasn't enough, it turned out that her death was meaningless. When he returned, the first thing I thought was that it must be a hallucination or a dream, based on Taka's guilt for leaving him behind. But no, it was supposed to be the real deal. It was nice seeing Taka growing like that. Even if he still had some fear in him, he wanted to make sure to protect Fubuki this time around. But then, just when i was about to make a joke about the unlocked yaoi path, the truth hit me hard.

Way to fool me around.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, sorry if it's been spoiling people.

I am genuinely excited to see more people getting into this manga though. First manga in awhile to grab me like this.

Solune

Haha! I'll check it out.
SDB... I'm afraid the rage isn't worth it.
Seeing the pickup manga posts I want to post mine too, but I buy manga in bulk and posting pics that show the covers is a hassle (for everyone involved).
So I'll just link some pics of the pile.
All manga I received in the past 2 weeks
http://i.picpar.com/5yk.png
http://i.picpar.com/3yk.png
http://i.picpar.com/6yk.png

And these are the ones I had forgotten to put in the pile:
http://i.picpar.com/4yk.png
Manga pickups will now be known as :lain. who's in favor?
I really like both Elsie and Haqua. I really like Genos too.. and Ato and Hinagiku. Dunno what it is with me and useless people, I love too many of them!! It's like I'm trying to give myself bad luck sometimes!

So, 95% of the series and 5% of her total screentime?

(literally)
Damn that's harsh man. That's almost as bad as asking if someone eats dogshit!

I like all of the characters you listed though.

scy

Hinagiku finish or bu--oh who am I kidding T.T

Kurita

Sales from 12/31 to 01/06

01. Naruto #63 (287,331 / 861,704)
02. Hunter×Hunter #32 (264,810 / 883,874)
03. Natsume Yuujinchou #15 (227,945)
04. Ao no Exorcist #10 (225,518 / 589,035)
05. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #2 (146,752 / 347,378)
06. Haikyuu!! #4 (121,256)
07. Initial D #46 (107,839)
08. Nisekoi #5 (98,833)
09. Aoharide #6 (89,072 / 340,989)
10. Hunter×Hunter #31 (52,177 / 1,009,216)
11. Hana Yorimo Hana no Gotoku #11 (47,811)
12. Yu☆Gi☆Oh 5D's #5 (46,931)
13. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #1 (45,732 / 503,217)
14. Soul Eater #23 (43,733 / 219,073)
15. Kanojo wa Uso o Koishi Sugiteru #10 (42,826 / 122,055)
16. Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsuraii! #1 (42,110 / 99,949)
17. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan #3 (41,997)
18. Meitantei Conan #78 (39,395 / 483,529)
19. One Piece #68 (39,285 / 2,763,410)
20. Last Game #3 (39,169)

21 to 50 here.

Assassination Classroom is doing good... So do Nisekoi and Haikyuu!!.

hamchan

Started reading Yamada and the Seven Witches because it was on smutgaf banner. Doesn't seem very smutty but it's pretty funny and a good manga.

Stulaw

I have a thing for Elsie, I like that she loves Fire Engines, and I'm very sure the plot might take a twist with her being the final conquest. Also, are they purposely ignoring the fact that if they don't capture demons that they'll die? Or was that resolved some how?

upandaway

Baby Steps

Woo, Baby Steps every other day (so far)! And the dude said he would've released the chapter yesterday if he wasn't busy. What am I going to do with this bucket of happiness. I hope this pace holds up because the match is awesome.

At this point, either they pull an Araya and blitz through the entire 3rd set (that was just crazy), or things will heat up with breaks and stuff. Really dunno what's up.

By the way, TOLD YOU Natsu won't save him!

Wait, what's useless about hinagiku? She's probably the most mary sue character of the series.
Which makes it sting all the more when you look at what's happening on the battlefield :(

Damn that's harsh man. That's almost as bad as asking if someone eats dogshit!

I like all of the characters you listed though.
It's funny you say that because initially I mentioned a lot more characters and had to edit them out to soften the blow!

I'll refrain from mentioning who.
it'll be ok kuro, you can do it next time ;_;

Lain

Y'all's places get Manga we dont get but then the ones we do get, theyre behind on over there :/ Nice pickups. Is one of those hardcover?

None of them is hardcover, though given the price (20€), the Satoshi Kon one (Yume no Kaseki) might as well have been.

------------

SDBurton, have you read Girl's Ride? It's not completely translated but it's pretty sweet.

dumbyugi

Guys... Smut manga recomendations. With their real name too, please.

Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari
Tama Hiyori
Itoshi no Kana
Iinari! Aibration
Henkoi!
Conveni-N
Ane Comi
Blade Play
Koe de Oshigoto!
Sore ga Kanojo no Seigi nara
Nana to Kaoru
SS Sisters
Kiss x Sis
Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
Nyotai-ka
Oniichan Control
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashii n da ga.

Solune

I'll hold off from reading it then.

What happens that's rage worthy?

Well if you really insist I mean, there are plenty of people who read it here. It's called A Town Where You Rage for a reason :lol.

NTR arc of stupid proportions, but the stupidity goes beyond that.

If you want to read something decent by Seo, read Love Letter or Half & Half

YMzYb.jpg

scy

Half & Half one-shot is actually pretty good. Undecided on the serialized one but it's not terrible so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Half & Half one-shot is actually pretty good. Undecided on the serialized one but it's not terrible so far.

That's Seo's usual MO. The first part's not too bad, making you involved and invested in it, only for the later part to suck real bad you can't help but to feel rage about it but since you are already invested he got you trapped!

scy

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 5 (Translation, not scan) - I had to know if it was NTR route.

I just ... I just had to know...

Maedhros

Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari
Tama Hiyori
Itoshi no Kana
Iinari! Aibration
Henkoi!
Conveni-N
Ane Comi
Blade Play
Koe de Oshigoto!
Sore ga Kanojo no Seigi nara
Nana to Kaoru
SS Sisters
Kiss x Sis
Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
Nyotai-ka
Oniichan Control
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashii n da ga.

7 Seeds
Sanctuary
Ghost in the Shell
Lone Wolf and Cub
Solanin

Sora No otoshimono.

Gou-Dere Bishōjo Nagihara Sora.

Thanks guys. I'll go take a look.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's Seo's usual MO. The first part's not too bad, making you involved and invested in it, only for the later part to suck real bad you can't help but to feel rage about it but since you are already invested he got you trapped!

Oh god he's got another one? I'm going to get sucked in aren't I? I'm ready ManGAF, I'm ready to get sucked in and then rage uncontrollably. Lets just get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom