• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

After liking Yamada and the Seven Witches I'm now reading the author's previous work, Yankee-Kun to Megane-Chan and this one is great too. Read like 60 chapters just today so far. I think I'm getting addicted to these light hearted romantic comedies. Thank you smut-gaf banner for leading me down this road.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yankee-kun to megane chan is so much better than yamada.

It's been getting way too meandering lately, but the early chapter were really fun.

wonzo

Banned
The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 13-22
yukichan18.jpg
yukichan22.jpg
An entire series full of the moest reaction faces and blushes ever with an entire chapter full of onsen smut!? I approve!

yukichan22a.jpg

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 1-5 END
A smutty tale of constant masturbation and a loss of self control with a good end!? I approve!!

Girls of Sun and Sea & Midsummer Lovers

A little 2 chapter series featuring a brown lesbian meeting up with an old "friend"? I approve!!!

Yamda 43

an entire arc dedicated to a girl with bike-handle broom hair?

ijOiH5z3KjKBB.gif

Antiwhippy

Blade of the immortal v1-20

Rereading this in order to catch up to the volumes I missed. Fuck man, this is such a good manga. The art is exquisite and the battles are still the best.

Tower of God

All caught up, and nice to see it's at the start of a new arc and soon to be new test. Overall the series has been pretty good and sometimes great. Part one I think has better characters and it has a more focused story. Part two is great with the interconnections and world building, but you don't really get a feel for the regulars too much as there is a lot more jumping around and a lot less focus.

Was pretty surprised to find out about the power up Viole got, kind of figured it was just time passing with his ability to learn fast but I guess not. Interested to see how the ignition weapons gets expanded on and how it comes into play with the Devil Arms and Viole.

Now time to catch up on TWGOK, or go back to reading Toriko. Not sure which yet.

How are the Persona manga adaptations?

I'd rather prefer an original story instead of adaptations of the games (which I haven't finished), but I like the universe and style enough to spend some time with the manga.

Good enough or just a quick cash grab?

dumbyugi

Musunde Hiraite 8-9

Not the best arc but not the worst. I liked the characters and the story wsas pretty good but the misunderstanding crap was pretty bad. Why did she never try going back to his house? Why didn't either of them try to talk to each other? Because she became so cute is such a shitty reason. This was the end of volume 2 and it's been pretty good so far but it's up to volume 6 in Japan and still going and I can't see how it could keep introducing more characters without becoming bogged down. Maybe it starts focusing on previous couples.

How are the Persona manga adaptations?

I'd rather prefer an original story instead of adaptations of the games (which I haven't finished), but I like the universe and style enough to spend some time with the manga.

Good enough or just a quick cash grab?

The Persona 4 manga is a pretty good adaptation of the game. I don't think there's any original manga series based on the Persona games but I'm not the most up to date person with Persona stuff outside of the games.

AYS

Neo Member
I have been reading the manga OTs on and off since around 4, and I already stopped reading the big three. I have yet to really dive into Senien/josei manga, so can I get some recommendations?

dramatis

I have been reading the manga OTs on and off since around 4, and I already stopped reading the big three. I have yet to really dive into Senien/josei manga, so can I get some recommendations?
Sakamichi no Apollon if you want something completed.

Jin or Team Medical Dragon if you want cool stuff with doctors.

Green Blood if you want blood.

Also, I almost forgot this was in the OP:
If you prefer seinen manga or non-mainstream manga then read flawfuls thread of awesome lesser known manga.

7 Seeds for dem feels.

Sanctuary for political drama and manly tears.

One Outs for baseball, trickery and gambling.

Blood Lad 8 - 10

I like the character designs, Braz is another good one with Staz and Wolf. For Wolf, really like the outfit his subordinates chose, the paw print on his shorts and shoes and the shirt is really nice. And for Staz never get tired of seeing his excitement over human world stuff like the cell phone or the sushi.

Bullet in his heart thing and the prison place of his sister is all intense, cant wait for February or March for the next ten chapters from yen press.

Antiwhippy

Nodame Cantabile for one of the best romance stories in manga.

7 seeds for the best post-apocalyptic manga.

Blade of the Immortal for the best samurai manga.

Wa ga Na wa Umishi to read a manga about ship salvaging.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō for the second best post-apocalyptic manga.

edit: adding some more because god I forgot about names a lot.

Bucchigiri CA for badass flight attendants.

Gokusen for gender reversed Onizuka.

Kuragehime for that delicious gender bender.

Kurita

Seinens :
REAL
Oyasumi Punpun
Saint Young Men
I Am a Hero

gdt

So I kinda stayed away from Manga for awhile for whatever reason, and now I've been catching up on One Piece and Naruto.

One Piece is awesome as always, but I feel like the Fishman Island arc was a bit weak. The bad dudes were no contest for the Straw Hats, and there was none of that emotion that really makes OP shine. Now I'll switch over to manga to fully catch up. The anime still does fun filler though. Never skip it.

Naruto...the Pain arc was good, now we're moving back to other shit which is boring as all hell. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over Sasuke. And Naruto's infatuation with him. Sakura is useless too because she's still hung up on him. donotgetit. I'm at the 5 Kage Summit atm. Oh and the filler in this show sucks absolute dick balls.

Nodame Cantabile for one of the best romance stories in manga.

7 seeds for the best post-apocalyptic manga.

Blade of the Immortal for the best samurai manga.

Wa ga Na wa Umishi to read a manga about ship salvaging.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō for the second best post-apocalyptic manga.

edit: adding some more because god I forgot about names a lot.

Bucchigiri CA for badass flight attendants.

Gokusen for gender reversed Onizuka.

Kuragehime for that delicious gender bender.

It's pretty funny (and sad) that a josei manga has the best post apocalyptic story.

But it's true all the same.

AYS

Neo Member
Green Blood1-15
I can only see this getting worse for brad, but better for setting up more fights.

I'm planning on reading 7 seeds after I sleep. Should I do a chapter by chapter thing or is it more a drawn out story?

Green Blood1-15
I can only see this getting worse for brad, but better for setting up more fights.

I'm planning on reading 7 seeds after I sleep. Should I do a chapter by chapter thing or is it more a drawn out story?

Read by bulk, especially in the beginning, it starts to get real good at around the Team Winter arc.

And even though the art seems so, don't treat it like a shoujo/josei manga (much). It will save you from some much needless pre-assumptions of the story.

scy

The lack of the Big 3 is slowly improving this thread.

Come at me.

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou end

I didn't even finish the chapter yet, I just got to the main confrontation and her response and now I have to ask, did she seriously just say all that?

SmutGAF heroine right there. :lol

Her loss of self-control that doesn't directly lead to masturbating or blowjobs are probably the best moments. If only for the outrageous-ness of what she's saying.

Also, describing this manga has given me the weirdest sentences.

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 1-5 END

A smutty tale of constant masturbation and a loss of self control with a good end!? I approve!!

I was so worried of NTR end T.T I think I let myself get too lost in the idea of the author making me depressed.

The lack of big 3 is killing me slowly~ah..
You're the worst.
The lack of the Big 3 is slowly improving this thread.
You're the best.

Green Blood1-15

Brad will obviously get screwed up really good. Read the remaining two chapters as well.

7 Seeds starts really slow, so I'd recommend reading it in batches. At least 5 chapters in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom