• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Blade of the Immortal v29

You know, it feels weird to say this, but the brutality in these recent feel like a beautiful way to end what seems like the finale.

The battle scenes are incredible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmm, alright. I was rereading because I recently learnt that it was finished last year. Hopefully the final volume is released soon.

That fight with makie was incredibly well choreographed.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well if you really insist I mean, there are plenty of people who read it here. It's called A Town Where You Rage for a reason :lol.

NTR arc of stupid proportions, but the stupidity goes beyond that.

If you want to read something decent by Seo, read Love Letter or Half & Half

YMzYb.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! Will put it on my list.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Baby Steps 149

I know I should be happy with the current release rate, but having to wait for new chapters after catching up with a series is always annoying. I'm also thinking that most of the third set will be done in the next chapter or half of the one after and we'll get a tiebreaker with no one breaking before.

Nodame Cantabile for one of the best romance stories in manga.

Is the manga as good or better than the anime? Or just tell me if it's worth reading if I've seen the anime. Would have to look up some classical music to listen to alongside it then.

02. Hunter×Hunter #32 (264,810 / 883,874)
10. Hunter×Hunter #31 (52,177 / 1,009,216)

I'd really like to know how successful HxH would be if it weren't for the hiatus. It'd probably be the closest to rivaling One Piece. On that note does anyone know the average sales of the ealier One Piece volumes at around 20 or so close to release so it could be compared with HxH?

Akito

Baby Steps 150
So no tiebreaker in the last set huh, well Natsu is here at last, that should give Maruo some motivational boost. He will grow so much after winning this match
I hope

Pyrokles

Neo Member
I can't imagine what would happen to this thread if we had to go a month or more with no Big 3.

It feels like in the time without the Big 3 there've been more people asking about and reading more niche series they see other people posting about. Maybe I just don't notice that as much usually because the Big 3 discussions just overshadow that, but I feel like the diversity has improved without them. No bait for certain posters to break out into argument mode with some insulting each other is a nice bonus as well.

upandaway

THE BABIEST STEPS 150

Hahaha oh wow it really happened. That's what I get for trying to predict. My only problem with it was that Ei-chan shouldn't need that kind of thing, and, well, he really didn't need it in the end, so it's Best Case Scenario™.

They may hype Ide a lot right now but I'm not really seeing it. He's at his best and Maruo's dealing with all of his gimmicks like a boss. Yu or Araya will always be threats but once Ide goes down here, it seems unlikely that he'll ever win again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
THE BABIEST STEPS 150

Hahaha oh wow it really happened. That's what I get for trying to predict. My only problem with it was that Ei-chan shouldn't need that kind of thing, and, well, he really didn't need it in the end, so it's Best Case Scenario™.

They may hype Ide a lot right now but I'm not really seeing it. He's at his best and Maruo's dealing with all of his gimmicks like a boss. Yu or Araya will always be threats but once Ide goes down here, it seems unlikely that he'll ever win again.

Lol Natsu

I can't imagine what would happen to this thread if we had to go a month or more with no Big 3.

Naruto probably won't even be around for 2 more years.

scy

Baby Steps 150 - I found myself smiling when Natsu showed up.

Yup. This manga makes me a better person.

SmutGAF isn't the same without something like Aunt Tits or My Balls. God My Balls was great...well not really but the reactions of the people reading it were great.

Those are merely the surface to SmutGAF. I'm kind of sad Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou didn't get more people though.

They'll be replaced with more waifu wars.

Many will perish in the first major waifu war after the fall of the Big 3. It'll be a bloodbath.

It feels like in the time without the Big 3 there've been more people asking about and reading more niche series they see other people posting about. Maybe I just don't notice that as much usually because the Big 3 discussions just overshadow that, but I feel like the diversity has improved without them. No bait for certain posters to break out into argument mode with some insulting each other is a nice bonus as well.

To be serious, we tend to have a lot of other discussion, it just gets pushed out to non-Wednesday (+/- a day). I think the fact that it's been a daily thing (+ many people reading more + posting more in general, just based off the higher post count) that it stands out more. We'll see what happens the coming weekend after The Big 3 returns.

Kusagari

I think there's been a lot of discussion in the recent topics about other subjects on days that don't coincide with the Big 3 releases. This topic used to basically be the One Piece/Bleach/Naruto/Fairy Tail thread, but stuff like 7 Seeds and Molester Man has flourished lately in the face of the Big 3.

Naruto probably won't even be around for 2 more years.

That's hard to say. We still need to go through everything involving the Sauce.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
Baby Steps 150

Nice, another chapter that fast already. It may be cliched but I don't care, I'm happy Natsu showed up there.

So the flashback was a death flag?

Baby Steps 150 - I found myself smiling when Natsu showed up.

Yup. This manga makes me a better person.

It's causing a similar feeling as Yotsuba to me, which is weird considering the differences in concept.

To be serious, we tend to have a lot of other discussion, it just gets pushed out to non-Wednesday (+/- a day). I think the fact that it's been a daily thing (+ many people reading more + posting more in general, just based off the higher post count) that it stands out more. We'll see what happens the coming weekend after The Big 3 returns.

Yeah, I basically meant that it's now more prevalent despite having happened often enough already. Maybe I just notice it more now since I'm not just reading anymore. Or the increased amount of it makes you constantly aware of it.

Vinland Saga is by the same mangaka and it rocks my face off.

Oddly enough I read Vinland Saga because I knew it was by the same mangaka as Planetes, of which I watched the anime but haven't read the manga yet, despite knowing that the adaptation is supposedly pretty different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom