• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molester Man

this is surprisingly good.
I concur. I'm currently reading it. I have no idea how I found it but I'm really enjoying it.

By the way, would anyone happen to know the name of this manga:
I've forgotten of a name of a manga I've read a year or two ago. I remember it being really short and it being a romance/slice of life. I think the main character wanted revenge for something so he tried to make the girl fall in love with him. The female lead has a relative in the hospital(forgot what happens to that person). I think the female lead was smart and even offered to help the main character, which he only asked so she might fall in love with him(I think). In the end, I think the guy develops feelings for her and does confess his love to her.

Sorry for being vague but I can't remember it well and thus, would love to read it again.

wonzo

Banned
I can't imagine what would happen to this thread if we had to go a month or more with no Big 3.
iTeZqqSHJVKQ2.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You realize that when one member goes down, another is going to replace it.
Hell, in Japan, Toriko has already replaced Bleach. Either that or Kuroko's Basketball.

dramatis

Hell, in Japan, Toriko has already replaced Bleach. Either that or Kuroko's Basketball.
No, because neither has been able to reach Bleach volume sales yet. Toriko's been struggling the past few years to even surpass Gintama.

Kaiji part 3 1-14

After 5 attempts to read through that thing upandaway linked before on learning mahjong, I've given up and just decided to read this without knowing the rules. Still has all the zawa I want.

Kusagari

I really doubt some shonen is just going to come out of nowhere and replace one of the Big 3 for westerners. The only thing that could is HxH if it ever came out regularly.

And Toriko has not replaced Bleach in anything except the Jump rankings. It still sells far worse volume-to-volume. If anything, Assassination Classroom is going to replace Bleach in Japan.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I really doubt some shonen is just going to come out of nowhere and replace one of the Big 3 for westerners. The only thing that could is HxH if it ever came out regularly.

And Toriko has not replaced Bleach in anything except the Jump rankings. It still sells far worse volume-to-volume. If anything, Assassination Classroom is going to replace Bleach in Japan.

Oh right... I forgot "Big 3" was purely a Western thing. Blah.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

It's anime also does extremely well, though that's mostly due to marketing and pairing it up with One Piece.

Anyone know about what chapter in TWGOK it was when Keima was helping the girl write a story and the doll attacked him with the bookcases?

At least I think that's what was going on...

Edit: Just found it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know. I think the number of series that Jump runs that are like the big three is dependent on how many they've already got.

wonzo

Banned
Magi 168

chapters without mor: 24

)--(

AKB49 103

Looks like this is the end of the Maeda arc. Well, I hope it is as it's bringing back way to many wahjah memories.

kiruko 7

hmm yes, i'm sure the one thing this series needs isn't character development but a swimsuit contest!!! i'm honestly gonna be amazed if this mediocre series doesn't end up getting cancelled.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haven't read them yet, but I finally got my copies of Robot v02 and Robot v04.

Having them as big physical copies really makes the art look so much more gorgeous.

dumbyugi

Aho Girl 1

New Hiroyuki 4koma series about an idiot girl and her childhood friend. I don't think I've actually ever read a series by Hiroyuki with a serious male character so this was a first. The girl is a huge idiot who loves bananas and her childhood friend. It's funny so far, but I really like Hiroyuki so I'm probably bias.

Under One Roof 5

Who would have ever thought that the straight girl would start to fall in love with the lesbian girl in a yuri manga. I don't know if that's a boy or girl that was out drinking with the lesbian, though I don't think I'm supposed to know yet.

Molester Man FINAL
It's been a long time since I read 11 chapters in one sitting, but what a ride! There needs to be more manga/stories like this. Last manga I read the series in two days was Kurosawa, which is kinda strange considering the artist did this one too.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I've got to wonder why the anime doesn't help the manga more if it is that popular.

It probably does. I think Toriko mainly has a problem in broadening its demographic appeal. The little 8 year old japanese boys who dominated sunday morning cartoon ratings and shonen jump rankings probably love it, but everyone else who has the money to buy volumes ignore it. But this should get better as the years go by and the little kids grow up into adults, assuming Toriko can keep their interest. Its why series like Naruto are such big sellers; time has just naturally broadened its fanbase.

Solune

I think I'm going to reread School Rumble or start Sket Dance, the lack of funny manga is getting to me.
Try some of these if you haven't

Hayate no Gotoku
Bamboo Blade
Minami-ke
GTO
Angel Densetsu
Kyou kara Ore wa!!
Ocha Nigosu.
Tenshi na Konamaiki
Kyou Kara ore Wa

I hated the ending of School Rumble. It reeks of "don't want to be bothered by this anymore so I need to end it bah" vibe from the author.

I'm sure the consensus is that School Rumble ended poorly. At least for the people on the right "team"

dumbyugi

I'm sure the consensus is that School Rumble ended poorly. At least for the people on the right "team"

I think the inconclusiveness of everything except for Tenma was the worst thing. School Rumble Z ended a little bit better but was still pretty shit.

Lain

I bought the first two volumes of Samidare since publication began here and have been re-reading them.
I didn't expect Shinonome's death in volume 2 to still feel so painful. Also the story feels just as good as the first time I read it. I'd even go as far as saying it gains something from re-reading it, for example the dream Shinonome talks about just before his death. Knowing how that ends as part of the story kinda enriches the experience instead of ruining it.
In short, still an amazing work.

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 1 - 5
Interesting ideas, but intercourse is rape and fellatio and cunnilingus while asleep isn't ? You've got to explain some things to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom