• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because now that the relationship rage is done, there must be a new source of rage. Rage that will grow with every chapter this manga continues, the rage that this manga is still going and that we are still reading it.

In a way I can't wait to catch up and share all my rage with you guys.

wonzo

Banned
Chatting over Tea at the Amber Teahouse
chattingamberteahouse.jpg

I noticed JManga picked up Chatting at the Amber Teahouse so I figured I'd check out the onseshot to see if it's any good. What I ended up with was a charming little story about a highschool girl and her one-sided crush on the owner of a teashop. Not bad at all.

yuki-chan 23-36

man, this got really weird with the hit-n-run/switched personality trauma arc but it all worked itself out in the end. shame i'm all caught up now and have run out of dat moe yuki fix :(

I went into Z expecting a proper ending and it didn't happen. At least it was implied that the best pair got together.

But thats fucking lame though, just do what you need to do.

Implying that important events occurred is such bullshit.

Agreed.

Its like he was afraid to fuck with the status quo since it would definitely change based on who ultimately "won" and used trolling to do it instead. Kinda danced around the issue imo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But thats fucking lame though, just do what you need to do

Agreed.

Its like he was afraid to fuck with the status quo since it would definitely change based on who ultimately "won" and used trolling to do it instead.

It's how coward writers get out of doing anything that would piss off some obnoxious die for my shipping preference fangirl

Oh, and here comes Molester Man NeoGAF edition - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507838

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's how coward writers get out of doing anything that would piss off some obnoxious die for my shipping preference fangirl

Oh, and here comes Molester Man NeoGAF edition - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507838

I still remember vividly the Ichigo 100%'s author getting slammed by a good number of her fanbase due to the shyamalan.jpg thing she pulled for the ending. That was awesome.

And what the hell is that topic, so eerie, hahaha.

Unfortunate.

And i actually subscribed to that thread... :/

I still remember vividly the Ichigo 100%'s author getting slammed by a good number of her fanbase due to the shyamalan.jpg thing she pulled for the ending. That was awesome.

That ending was crazy plus the reactions i saw...LOL

This series, School rumble and Avatar for the western stuff were some of the potent examples of shipping warfare i witnessed on the internet and i've been scarred ever since :(

Bossun

And what the hell is that topic, so eerie, hahaha.

Doesn't matter, Nishino was the best. And she is so beautiful on that last page.

Almost made me want to go all Keima and love 2D girls.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Magi 168

I am wondering how much fun the magicians are going to have before the Finalis corps shows up to stop their boasting self's?!?

TWGOK

moving slower now only 10 chapters left to catch up but this arc with these little kids are meh

she found this scary thing... uh yeah unexpected

why is this 7 year old willing to go farther than those 17 year olds this manga has gone off track. Children are so bad

Jintor

I picked up some actual manga in a store today so I thought I would grace ManGAF with my presence

Genshiken Season Two Vol 1

Oh man fujiyoushi stuff is awesome. I didn't like this when I was reading it as weekly/monthly (?) chapters but in a compedium it's as classic as the original series! Great stuff! I note Kodansha has retaken the licence from Del Ray, seems the quality hasn't dropped so I'm cool with it.

Girl Friends Complete Collection 1 & 2

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Atredeus

Neo Member
These chapters are way too short.

I don't even care. After all the setup... and all the rehab crap we've had to endure in New Waves, this should finally pay off and be - dare I say it - epic. Finally.

Historys Strongest Fanservice 505
Is it too much to ask to be done with these battles?... They aren't moving anywhere. Seems like filler, or an excuse for women to fight in bikinis. So, par for the course, really.

Meh Tail 314
Oh no. Tragic backstory. I just want to find out what the sword does. And typical shonen "He died because of my weakness". And traffic on Simon's wiki page will increase, because no one remembers how he died. Or at least I didn't. Anyway, I look forward to DTL's glowing review.

Also, it's getting kinda retarded that no one has ever come out and said all this is Zeref's fault. Considering the fact that he's infamous in the magic world and it's pretty well-known that his legacy still wreaks havoc. But no, we have to confuse it all by blaming deaths on peoples' lack of strength or resolve. Meh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't even care. After all the setup... and all the rehab crap we've had to endure in New Waves, this should finally pay off and be - dare I say it - epic. Finally.

Historys Strongest Fanservice 505
Is it too much to ask to be done with these battles?... They aren't moving anywhere. Seems like filler, or an excuse for women to fight in bikinis. So, par for the course, really.

It's HSDK. What did you expect? :p

stryke

Ghost Sweeper Mikami

Just finished Ghost Sweeper Mikami. I really enjoyed reading it and I found it was good that most of the arcs were kept short and well contained, yet still allowed an overarching story and character development.

In regards to the ending, I was expecting some sort of resolution to Mikami's and Yokoshima's relationship and how that pans out but alas, the author doesn't really pursue this anything further than unexpressed mutual love. Would have like to have seen some sort of closure but I guess we know they get married anyways...

I'm glad I picked this up and asked for opinions here. I love finding a long series because it usually indicates there's something good about it for it to last as long as it did.

I know what you mean. After dumping on Chihiro, TWGOK really feels like a waste of time.

they did not even address any of the Chihiro issues just went straight to this arc which kinda gives you some background... I am thinking Dokurou is sending Keima back to his time but really did not address Gramps and Urara

If sent back to the present I guess Urara shows up again...

It took this long to establish kissing Dokurou gives her a power up?

Why was Keima even calling for Dokurou to stop kicking ass as brutally evil these guys seem to be killing everyone... January 16th really? I can't read this manga on a weekly bases it has too many useless side story chapters (7 year old Keima waking up babysat by idol girl) and too many cliffhangers when it gets good.

I'll be back on it in 6 months if I can avoid this thread.

ElFly

The Breaker: New Waves 101

Starting to lose hope that the old man will make it.

Also, the explanation about the protagonist's ki center was kinda weird, but I guess there was no way around a handwave about it sooner or later.

Akito

Silver Spoon
While I was laughing at Hachiken's suffering at the beginning, the second half sure hit hard. I'm all for Ayame being transfered but not on the expense of Komaba. I don't see how Hachiken or anyone can do anything about it either :(

El Sloth

Banned
nanatsu no taizai ch1

mmm... nice art, it reminds of quite a lot stuff.

Fairy tail & even the first episode of wakfu.

Missed opportunity manga would of been more interesting if it was about kill confirmed knight

I already don't like the girl but the art is really nice.

Seven Deadly Sins

This manga has everything; moe princess, moe giant, a pig.

It even has a cameo from everyones favourite upper class boxer:

gutter trash
You guys really latched onto fodder mustache knight, huh.

Cwarrior, the next girl is even better than the princess.

Fairy tail

Team Kagura!!!! There´s no way in hell that Erza is dead or lost for that matter. Erza, unfortunately, will get a power up and defeat Kagura next chapter. Kagura being Simon´s sister is a good twist. Minerva would kill Kagura and save Erza etc.... There´s no way in hell that Erza loses because of her plot armor.

Fairy tail

Team Kagura!!!! There´s no way in hell that Erza is dead or lost for that matter. Erza, unfortunately, will get a power up and defeat Kagura next chapter. Kagura being Simon´s sister is a good twist. Minerva would kill Kagura and save Erza etc.... There´s no way in hell that Erza loses because of her plot armor.

I'm gonna put proverbial money on Kagura stabbing herself in that last panel for [convulated explanation x].

Man, now I remember why I got bored with TWGOK. It wasn't the writing chick it was the cross dresser Yui. The few chapters with Keima getting captured are just boring as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom