• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Silver Spoon 63 - Title name drop.

Komaba was a pretty good bro. RIP
until something happens and he returns somehow like working at the school

<3 manga GAF. Just noticed the similarities between molester man and my story.

Time for a Sachiko and a love triangle.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually can't remember much of what mars does, though that's true for most of the goddess arc.

Yui's arc is pretty much the best arc.

I like Yui because of the dynamic she has with Keima. It's hilarious to see him being the one who needs to get captured.

She's honestly not that bad. The boring part is more the back in forth in Keima's head about him not knowing how to deal with it. The back and forth with him not knowing to play as a girl or a boy. For such a short set of chapters it gets pretty repetitive and boring.

Antiwhippy

Robot vol.2 & 4

Huh, did not expect there to be continuity between some stories.

Gotta say though, while the art is usually great, the stories can be hit & miss sometimes, though the environment and atmosphere created from the art usually makes up for it.

The Pez & stories are probably my favourite.

El Sloth

Banned
Dudley is the one who insults people as he's beating the ever living shit outta them in some petty street fight. Then he throws shit on their lifeless body when he's done. Douche.

Nanatsu no Taizai / The Seven Deadly Sins: 9

Ban looks cool. Shounen power up go.

Antiwhippy

As an addendum to my Robot post, man, I really wish more manga artists are allowed to go buckwild on every page if it can create art like this for the whole story.

wXA6D.jpg

As an addendum to my Robot post, man, I really wish more manga artists are allowed to go buckwild on every page if it can create art like this for the whole story.

wXA6D.jpg

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with being allowed to and more to do with that making 19 pages in a week is already a death sentence. Of course, Togashi averages less than 19 pages a month and has the shittiest art out there so who knows.

I always like seeing the editor comments on the jump facebook page
BLEACH | Tite Kubo
Both of the two villagers I encountered on Animal Crossing turned out to be my assistants.
Toriko | Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
Happy New Year!! I’m miraculously ahead of my schedule right now; I’m going to keep this up and work hard this year too!
NARUTO | Masashi Kishimoto
I’ve finally come to understand the deliciousness of sake (Japanese wine). It goes fantastic with sashimi!

scy

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with being allowed to and more to do with that making 19 pages in a week is already a death sentence. Of course, Togashi averages less than 19 pages a month and has the shittiest art out there so who knows.

Month?

upandaway

Lulz, I just did the math and he averages 8 pages a month.

Although that isn't really fair, because I assume he actually did do chapters regularly at the start.
That would be like a monthly Minamoto. Wow.

retcon: no yeah no, yeah, no, wait. that's 8 pages a week and 36 pages a month

Atredeus

Neo Member
I'm gonna put proverbial money on Kagura stabbing herself in that last panel for [convulated explanation x].

This was actually my guess, too. Needs blood or something (maybe slashing eyes?), thus the reason it can probably only be used once, and should only be unsheathed the kill the one she hates. Or something.

upandaway

Ok so it basically just a standard monthly...
If you count the time he went weekly, yeah. If we just include the time since The Great 2006 Hiatus, the average would be... ~20.. I think?

So if someone would read a HxH chapter every month, he wouldn't notice the hiatus theoretically

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If you count the time he went weekly, yeah. If we just include the time since The Great 2006 Hiatus, the average would be... ~20.. I think?

So if someone would read a HxH chapter every month, he wouldn't notice the hiatus theoretically

Yea but what kind of way is that to live?

Stinky

TWGOK 215

Sort of fed up with this arc, it almost feels like the entire tone of the manga has changed. I like it better when Keima is conquering his harem or chasing goddesses, not dealing with Vintage or whatever.

Silver Spoon 63
Enjoying Hachiken Suffering - The Manga.

History's Strongest Fanservice and some martial arts
Wait, there's actually martial arts in this chapter ?

TWGOK 215

Sort of fed up with this arc, it almost feels like the entire tone of the manga has changed. I like it better when Keima is conquering his harem or chasing goddesses, not dealing with Vintage or whatever.
This arc is clearly a riff on visual novel adventure games. It has its problems but it gets points from me for trying something new.

scy

Horimiya 15 - Jealous Hori is adorable. Poor mechanical pencils and rulers...

Toru wondering if the two of them center their lives around the other (which they do). <3

So yup. Yupyupyupyupyup.

Fairy Tail 314

The nekkid Erza exquip panel felt out of place and kind of unnecessary for such a serious and intense moment. Wonder what compelled Mashima to do that. But beyond that really intense especially since, it seems Erza may have finally met her match in skills. Havent seen her get this beat up since Knightwalker...Worst yet her spirit may be crushed and may be defeated. Hopefully somehow Gray and the rest can manage enough to score victory on their fields (like he already did) so that the team overall can prevail to make up for this weak link.

-
Theres over 164 episodes of Fairy Tail and the manga has been officially released in english since 2008...so why, in 2013, are they still using Gerard...

Akito

TWGOK

icTma9aVvhGYf.jpg

I laughed way too hard at this.

2 title droppings today, both from RHS manga, talk about coincidence. I love how Elsie started to sweep simply because she was lost right at the beginning of the conversation.

scy

TWGOk 215 - Stuff happened. Girl smiled. Title drop.

Kenichi 505 - Stuff happened. Surprisingly low Fanservice. I hope somebody dies.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin 41
Very intense chapter, you had to be in fear for Ymir's life twice but thank god the reinforcements came at the right moment. Hopefully we can get some answers from her the next time or from Christa Historia for that matter. It's strange she lost a hand though, if it was eaten up by a titan, it sure was a close call.

upandaway

TWGOK

"brand new shitty game" :lol

Staying consistent with the rest of TWGOK, nothing makes sense.. until you take it through game (this time non-romance VN) context and suddenly it's the most logical thing ever. Hold your firetrucks, I'll elaborate!

It's standard practice to have bad ends, different non-BAD END ends, and routes that affect each other after they were split. It's also standard practice to have a "true" route unlocked after playing other routes first. Hell, all of these things are in 999. Ever17, too, now that I think about it. Even the BAD END was Uchikoshi-ish, not coming from an immediately recent choice (Typemoon VNs) but rather from a culmination of choices spread throughout the episode.

Do we know of Wakaki being a fan of Uchikoshi? That would explain a lot.

I loved the past 2 chapters. This arc is really heating up for me. Though I can see why some of you dudes won't dig it, I only warmed up to it after being slapped into the right context.

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin 41

Pretty intense chapter. I wonder what was up with Ryner during the beginning though.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom