• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOK

To the haters: I much prefer my manga trying something drastically new, even if it feels a bit odd than for a series to stagnate beyond comprehension.

TWGOK actually gets higher and higher on my manga appreciation list the longer it continues because it really likes playing around with interesting new arc types that relate well to the hero & themes of the story.

I'm actually really curious what sort of arc we can expect next because of the unexpected and new ways it plays around with story types. I have a hard time thinking of long-running series that pull this off well.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin 41

Pretty intense chapter. I wonder what was up with Ryner during the beginning though.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much.
I believe it was simply the case of catching her leg by reflex but he was too surprised to let it go so she couldn't get down.

arkon

GE - Good Ending

Well, it's over now. That's a plus. I might have enjoyed it more if I'd waited until it was complete. Instead I started reading it with about 10 chapters still to come and the wait for those just let the bad parts fester in my mind. Shame because it started out okay.

upandaway

SnK 41

When Mikasa showed up I had to close my eyes and take a breather. That was scary.

The priest dude also implied that Christa knows something, but maybe not.. which is fine since either way, at least Ymir does.

Shingeki no Kyojin 41

Pretty intense chapter. I wonder what was up with Ryner during the beginning though.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much.

I believe it was simply the case of catching her leg by reflex but he was too surprised to let it go so she couldn't get down.
Did you guys forget how last chapter ended? Ryner was definitely not just moving by reflex there, something was going on.

jman2050

TWGOK 215

I'm not a huge fan of Elsie, but seeing Elsie pretend to be seven-year old Keima can only end magnificently.

I wonder what kind of experience Keima has with adventure VNs, cause he seems to be in control of this situation right now.

Soma

Yeah probably. I dunno ever since I showed this manga to a friend he's been digging it and filling my head with all these possible conspiracies that may or may not be true. One of which may be that Ryner
could possibly be another Titan. Specifically the Armored Titan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TWGOK 215

I'm not a huge fan of Elsie, but seeing Elsie pretend to be seven-year old Keima can only end magnificently.

I wonder what kind of experience Keima has with adventure VNs, cause he seems to be in control of this situation right now.

Knowing him he's played his fair share. Is it wrong if I say I'm more interested in Elsie pretend to be a seven-year-old Keima?

upandaway

TWGOK

Knowing him he's played his fair share.
Still, I don't think he's gonna suddenly boss this with the kind of wisdom he did during his original captures. He definitely knows a lot more of strategies and tricks for dating sims.

Part of me wants him to just go into that mode again. He sort of stopped announcing his game strategies after the goddesses showed up (I think the whole "all the goddesses are in girls close to me because I'm the MC" was the last one?)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TWGOK

Still, I don't think he's gonna suddenly boss this with the kind of wisdom he did during his original captures. He definitely knows a lot more of strategies and tricks for dating sims.

Part of me wants him to just go into that mode again. He sort of stopped announcing his game strategies after the goddesses showed up (I think the whole "all the goddesses are in girls close to me because I'm the MC" was the last one?)

If they had told him the rules and goal he probably would have bossed this from the start, all his screw ups consisted of him not knowing the rules and goals of the game. This shit will get wrapped up fast.

Akito

SnK 41
Did you guys forget how last chapter ended? Ryner was definitely not just moving by reflex there, something was going on.
I don't know what else it could have been, it's not like he had time to think whether to save her or not and it doesn't look like she was pushed down either. He could have been thinking of letting her fall after catching her but it's not like it was Christa who's devoured his friend.

upandaway

He's got 1 life left, this is it.
Wow wow wow wait a second there man wow. Let me look at this objectively so I can understand what you're saying right here.

B-man... you don't count the 0? That's the kind of guy you are? That's the group you associate with, the thing that you allow in the dictionary definition under your name? What is this?

I mean look, I'll still be your buddy, you're cool. I know you're a smart guy. But this changes our relationship a little.

Let's Lagoon 25

Damn, Nori's been shot down more times than Rudel now. Her talk this chapter reinforces my hope that she'll get even crazier if they're stuck there for any substantial period.

Shingeki no Kyojin 41

That sure was a peaceful, relaxing chapter. Christa* celebrating as the tower was collapsing made me laugh way harder than it should've done. Actually her interplay with Ymir this chapter was just great in general.

*whatever

upandaway

I don't know what else it could have been, it's not like he had time to think whether to save her or not and it doesn't look like she was pushed down either. He could have been thinking of letting her fall after catching her but it's not like it was Christa who's devoured his friend.
Akito calm down wait I got this, look. I'm still saying he was just out of it there. But not because of "oh man she was A TITAN" surprise, rather his mind was racing because of.. something else. That's all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow wow wow wait a second there man wow. Let me look at this objectively so I can understand what you're saying right here.

B-man... you don't count the 0? That's the kind of guy you are? That's the group you associate with, the thing that you allow in the dictionary definition under your name? What is this?

I mean look, I'll still be your buddy, you're cool. I know you're a smart guy. But this changes our relationship a little.

Wait, I thought my tag said "No Scrubs". "No Scrubs" means NO scrubs. As in none allowed. It isn't complicated. Now you've got me all confused as to what I allow and what I don't.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon and TWGOK both pulled title drops this week. Nice.

Also, suffering and apparently more suffering to come.

Akito

Akito calm down wait I got this, look. I'm still saying he was just out of it there. But not because of "oh man she was A TITAN" surprise, rather his mind was racing because of.. something else. That's all.
And all I'm saying is he was surprised, whether because of Ymir being a titan or that titan is debatable. So we all cool.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hachiken needs the bestest of best happy endings at this rate :(

Well, unless the author is not the person I think she is, a Mikage end is pretty much a guarantee after the suffering.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 1

Wasn't as bad as I thought I guess. Main character is actually pretty good design and best friend needs more screentime. I thought part of the concept was pretty laughable with some of the reasoning being odd or weird, I mean he looks like a really good looking dude more than a female, which was the oddest thing that I couldnt see. Though second time Ive seen in a manga where a character thought it strange to be called cute (I guess an ecchi shares something with a bl, odd).

Unlike my other foray into the series mentioned in the OP, I guess this one was a bit more interesting and not as boring as The World God Only Knows, maybe cause the female chara is older and it doesnt feel awkward or have a not that much appealing main character. Will probably still follow just for the best friend and main character interactions, and see whatever this genre has to offer.

IHaveIce

Banned

Wasn't as bad as I thought I guess. Main character is actually pretty good design and best friend needs more screentime. I thought part of the concept was pretty laughable with some of the reasoning being odd or weird, I mean he looks like a really good looking dude more than a female, which was the oddest thing that I couldnt see. Though second time Ive seen in a manga where a character thought it strange to be called cute (I guess an ecchi shares something with a bl, odd).

Unlike my other foray into the series mentioned in the OP, I guess this one was a bit more interesting and not as boring as The World God Only Knows, maybe cause the female chara is older and it doesnt feel awkward or have a not that much appealing main character. Will probably still follow just for the best friend and main character interactions, and see whatever this genre has to offer.

If you only want to read it for the best friend .. lol I don't know anymore how he looks or who he is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

In what way is this LESS AWKWARD than TWGOK? You do realize this is referred to AUNT Tits for a reason right?

Kusagari

Have fun with that, DTL.

But Kyou Kara Ore Wa came out first!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

This first chapter was good, but the following ones, not so much. Something about the rhythm and storytelling that isn't really good imho. I hope it'll get better though.

Also, I wanted to ask Smut-Mangaf : what's the name of the series where a ero-mangaka starts dating two sisters in order to draw inspiration from them and using them as models ?
Also, recommend me some series. I'm in the mood for smut lately
Read a few chapters of Aunt Tits weeks ago.
I did not find it really interesting to be honest...
Les seins de la tante sont intéressants pourtant !

Akito

Baby Steps 151
Oh lawd, he is now able to calculate and let out as much pressure at will? And thank god for Natsu being Natsu and not some tsundere council president®

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom