• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Magi 169
Don't you guys feel weird that it is Laem is using
gunpowder
but not the Kou empire given by it's origins of it?

Akito

Magi
Quite the spectacular chapter and that even without the Finalis Corps. I'm more on Reim's side right now but that probably will change a few times more.

GAMARAN

Old people always die in Shounens. This, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach... I can't seem to remember the last time I've seen significant old character live through an action manga to the end. This is getting... old.

16f15343.jpg

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
AKB49 52

Dammit Hiroko. I know cutting you're hair every time means something, but you keep looking worse when you do. Hope things can kind of go back to the were they were before with the other members.

But he died facing and failing to seal Demon King Picollo and was brought back to life with the Dragon Balls when Goku defeated him. He also got killed by Buu, then again, does it counta death if people get revived?

I'm pretty sure he was talking perma death, nobody perma deaths in Dragon Ball

Fireblend

Banned
Can anyone recommend any manga similar to Solanin (maybe a bit more cheery)? I bought it for my gf for Christmas, and she absolutely loved it. We're already thinking of getting his other books (What a Wonderful World), but I thought I'd also ask for some input on similar stuff from you guys.

Tower of God

Girl with Bunny ears? Am I forgetting someone or did Rachel get a new look?

The fortune teller offering to go with Viole is a little strange...

upandaway

Magi

Scheherazade totally destroyed his logic there, but improvements could still be made for each. Reim should still use magic to help them when possible (like, if they used magic to "discover" gunpowder faster), and Magnostadt should only use magic from magicians' magoi and in smaller scale. But yeah Reim wins the argument easily.

Mog still has that "thing" and Scheherazade still has both the Metal Vessels and the Fanalis, and then there's still Kou, but going with that kind of back and forth would be pretty predictable, so I'm guessing something will shake up soon.

So far I've taken for granted that the war will end in a truce, but I'm not sure anymore. If one side wins over the other it will be pretty huge.

Baby Steps

Still enjoying this match a lot despite all ya'll you guys complaining about daily chapters. There's a lot to enjoy about reading this kind of match daily instead of in a marathon. It would suck weekly or even longer, sure, but c'mon.

Molester was picked by Bossun. Should his bet cover for the whole of OT7 or just for the beginning?
That aside, Molester Man is still fresh. Give it a while before it goes out just because it ended.

Or at least until someone bothers to make an "ended manga" list

Unrelated: Molester Man VOMICs (it has the final chapter, but no they didn't SFX the tongue kiss :lol)
The voices are a bit awkward but it's pretty neat.

Mog will totally lose this war, he will try to use whatever that 'thing' is that Aladdin is so concerned about, something will go wrong, Aladdin will interfere, probably join forces with Reim and Alibaba to clear things up leaving the table clear for Reim vs Kou.

actually, Kou might be watching this war unfold and decide to attack whichever the winner of this fight. Reim probably know too which is why she hasn't deployed Fanalis and their dungeon conqueror people.

upandaway

Magi

Mog will totally lose this war, he will try to use whatever that 'thing' is that Aladdin is so concerned about, something will go wrong, Aladdin will interfere, probably join forces with Reim and Alibaba to clear things up leaving the table clear for Reim vs Kou.

actually, Kou might be watching this war unfold and decide to attack whichever the winner of this fight. Reim probably know too which is why she hasn't deployed Fanalis and their dungeon conqueror people.
When I say someone might maybe lose this, I mean dead people lose, not truce lose. Aladdin will probably jump in before that happens but who knows if he'll succeed.

I don't really see Aladdin teaming up with Scheherazade right now, if he intervenes it'll have to be sandwiched in between both sides. And if anything Alibaba will join Aladdin rather than the other way around.
About Kou, I really think they'll get involved before the war ends. There's no way they don't want to interfere and swing things in their favor while this is still going on.

Insane

Just make this worldwide already so I can give you my money. Even if the translation won't be as good as Boon's, holy crap.

Already counting out the translation with nary a gram of a chapter out?

Guess it ended up being one no one could guess, hope another new series joins the line up too...

One Punch Man brings us to 10 series.

Akito

Why are people complaining of daily Baby Steps chapters?
I don't think anyone really has any complaints about the daily releases, it's just still nicer to follow long matches in one go. It's actually a lot easier now to let the chapter pile up thanks to the daily releases.

scy

Baby Steps

Still enjoying this match a lot despite all ya'll you guys complaining about daily chapters. There's a lot to enjoy about reading this kind of match daily instead of in a marathon. It would suck weekly or even longer, sure, but c'mon.

Daily, or near daily, isn't a problem. I think it's more "If this was more than a week between chapters" kind of concern since there's a lot of chapter cliffhangers.

Magi

Much more respect for Moe magi. I honestly thought that Riem was nothing without the Finalis, Moe magi, and dungeon captureres. But Riem has an R&D department and a very potent military. I can´t wait to see the despair on Mog´s face. I really liked her explanation about humans counting on themselves and moving forward.

upandaway

Daily, or near daily, isn't a problem. I think it's more "If this was more than a week between chapters" kind of concern since there's a lot of chapter cliffhangers.
It would definitely suck if it was weekly or even worse. I don't think Baby Steps had this kind of in-depth rallies ever since Alex, and never before that.

But the daily pace is super amazing and tons of fun! So this is irrelevant! IRRELEVANT!

arkon

I don't think anyone really has any complaints about the daily releases, it's just still nicer to follow long matches in one go. It's actually a lot easier now to let the chapter pile up thanks to the daily releases.

This is what I'm doing now. Let them pile up for a bit and then go through them all at once. It'll be like that glorious day when I first got caught up on the series. I might wait until the end of the match with Ide before I get started. Not sure yet.

Yu Yu Hakusho 1-19

Basically this is everything before Yusuke became a spirit detective, and man was it slow. I wonder if this series would have survived had it started like this in current Shonen Jump. I know the series just really began with him becoming a spirit detective so I'm excited. It makes sense why the anime cut most of this first story line out.

upandaway

(Katawa Shoujo)
This makes me even more curious. Did you just Aizen me?
Well um sure I'll elaborate. Bad ends will mostly just be you doing a deliberate mistake -> things not working out as a direct consequence. You know what went wrong (even if you didn't do it on purpose, however unlikely that is) and Hisao knows what went wrong and everyone knows what went wrong, and it just ends... not well. There's nothing going on. I know I'm not the most trustworthy for this since I don't like bad feels in general, but I think this is pretty universal.

That said I still got all of them before I learned this, and they didn't even stick with me beyond an hour or two, it's just a "while you're at it" kinda thing. If 100% is worth that much to you, go for it.

By the way this is completely unrelated but: KS is really neat, have fun.

Kurita

One-Punch Man
One Punch-Man
Onepunch-Man

I don't know how we're supposed to write it anymore. Super jealous of the US now. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If I know you right, then there's at least one route that will definitely give you the feels that you covet. Two other routes too probably/maybe, and I still have one left myself I know nothing about (planning on finishing this week).

If you got a good end, resist your completionist impulses and ignore the bad end (inside the routes. act 1 bad ends are kosher). They just make you feel bad and have nothing of interest.

Shizune's bad route is worth it.
because her plot is boring and sucky and doing the bad end lets you fuck her best friend

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 169

It's interesting how daring the manga is in terms be shifting focuses just to tell different types of stories. We've seen it switch between Aladdin, Alibaba, and Mor in various story arcs without feeling the need to force main characters into a chapter just because of popularity, and being able to get entire chapters where it's just a war between major powers without featuring any of the lead characters (yet) is pretty great.

The only thing I didn't quite like about the chapter is how the direction seems to have taken a rather straightforward approach of SCIENCE/GOI vs MAGIC/MAGICIANS. Hopefully we see some depth and complexity to it soon, maybe when Aladdin starts to discover whatever is really "wrong" in the conflict.

Akito

Hetakoi v1
Jesus, just fuck already.

Hetakoi v2

Hetakoi v3

Goddamn this manga, given what the first encounter of the two main characters looked like (NSFW), you would expect that they have like 2 children by now but fuck no, they're not even dating yet. With both of them being slow and indecisive as fuck and everyone else in this manga try their best to hook those two up, this really feels like a smutty version of Kimi ni Totoke. 7 volumes left, should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom