• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

The first 14 volumes of Berserk are just one of the best masterpiece in comics and manga.

Is there a reason for such a shitty schedule?

One Piece

Now that we established that it's Aokiji, can we freak out that it's Aokiji?

AOKIJI AND DOFLAMINGO BOTH COMING

Hey, I was waiting for that one! MU still has nothing, I didn't know it was translated..

Man my first thought was the guy who cut Zoro, whos name escapes me.

Edit: Mihawk

The first 14 volumes of Berserk are just one of the best masterpiece in comics and manga.

Rumors say Idol master (really. He mentioned that he's addicted to it a few times) but I'm guessing the pressure and stress just took its toll on him.

4. Undeniable Bromance without limits
5. Implied yaoi
12. Because Sauce is so dark and deep, it makes me weird in my pants
Pick your poison.

I guess mine.

Though people would really keep following it for nostalgia and thinking back to the old days? I guess starting reading the manga at Shippuden and watching the anime, I must have just started way later than everyone else.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Rumors say Idol master (really. He mentioned that he's addicted to it a few times) but I'm guessing the pressure and stress just took its toll on him.

Apparently, Miura doesn't have assistants to help him. Everything you see is all done by him.
Kind of makes one wish he'd get assistants so we can get more than 3 chapters a year.

Veelk

Banned
Is there any interview where Miura talks about how he makes Berserk? I'd love to hear his process on how he thinks out the story.

Steroyd

1. Bandwagoning
2. Nostalgia
3. Masochistic pleasure
4. Undeniable Bromance without limits
5. Implied yaoi
6. Cause we trick ourselves into thinking it's almost over
7. Because too many people argue you can't bash something without reading it
8. Cause it updates when Naruto/Bleach do
9. Because we expect Sasuke to die
10. Because we're deluded
11. Because it's funny to hate on it
12. Because Sauce is so dark and deep, it makes me weird in my pants
13. Hinata = Best Waifu ever
14. TenTen's character development.

Pick your poison.

I'll go with.

15. It's good when the Sharingan fucks off.

Which is a mishmash between 2 & 10 unfortunately.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I heard he does have them, which makes me wonder why he takes so many breaks, and why so many chapters are scribbles.
Maybe that interview was a lie.

I think he may bring some in for when he does the touch-ups for the volume releases but that's about it.

Akito

Is there any interview where Miura talks about how he makes Berserk? I'd love to hear his process on how he thinks out the story.
There's is a manga about someone visiting Miura, only the first part is scanlated though because no raws.

ibdiQhIXQnx2Vv.png
ijnj7qdduLtv5.png

Stinky

^Wow, that was actually interesting and funny. The panel of Berserker Miura drawing Puck is golden haha.

And its cool that Miura was friends with the Suicide Island guy.

Punpun 121
This manga...this manga! I thought I read some depressing stories but this is definitely up there. It's really good though and I can relate to some of the characters at times. However, I'm curious in the opinion of the people here on the meaning of
Punpun's "god."

I'm guessing this series update every month?

Punpun 121
This manga...this manga! I thought I read some depressing stories but this is definitely up there. It's really good though and I can relate to some of the characters at times. However, I'm curious in the opinion of the people here on the meaning of
Punpun's "god."

I'm guessing this series update every month?

My guess is hope and faith.

Wait, really?

From what I've read till now it seems like a manifestation of his base instincts and his dark inner thoughts.

Wait shit yeah.

I was trying to mean the perversion of his hope and faith, on how he is trying to justify his situation. Yours is much more accurate though.

Cesare - 1-14 this may very well be the best random find I have ever made, this is a Manga about Cesare Borgia starting with his life as a youth and so far it has incredibly strong characters and excellent writing and its really tickling my history fancy.

Stay Gold 1
tumblr_mgs5r3H9AC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Was expecting a typical family slice of series but it seemed to take a comedy and even dramatic turn. Good flashbacks and dinner convo. I like the setup older brother taking care of his sisters two kids, and his younger brother who grew up with no parents around, awkward when he and his girlfriend I guess were in the room next to the kitchen making moments, though the sisters son is kind of interesting and cool design. Liked the final three moments.
Seems hes in love with his uncle, Yuuji
. Wonder where it goes from there.

Atredeus

Neo Member

Honestly?... One could just watch the Berserk Golden Age OVAs. They have some fantastic looking animation and nail the best part of the story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As for the conversation you guys had earlier, which is just a retread of every ThursdayGAF discussion (Reasons Naruto and Bleach suck Speech), I've never once given a shit about Kubo's backgrounds because its a stylistic decision that doesn't make a difference ab out whether the manga is good and the Naruto discussion is pretty much a lot of hot bullshit since its really just people crawling all over each other to explain in greater and greater detail why they still read Naruto every single week but simultaneously hate it (for increasingly complex and recently, inane, reasons which could apply to anything). There isn't any great shame in admitting you derive some legitimate enjoyment out of something that isn't a literary masterpiece.

Hentai Ouji, it's a typical smut manga combined with liar liar.

edit: LOL Oscar Wilde 1584-1900

I think already read that - isn't that the light novel adaptation where the chick has no emotions and the dude just has no filter due to voodoo cat magic?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pretty much.

The second little arc wasn't as amusing as the first one but the resolution was fucking random and also hilarious.

There's also going to be an anime this year of that series.

Oh god, the characters are getting serious already. Fucking manga, man. Just like Good Ending all over again. They have a good idea then turn it into some middle school romance bullshit. Culture poison at its best.

scy

The second little arc wasn't as amusing as the first one but the resolution was fucking random and also hilarious.

There's also going to be an anime this year of that series.

Second arc was the lesbian sister one?

"THEN WHY SO COLD TO ME?!"
"BECAUSE I WANT TO MARRY YOU"

And then the voodoo cat god whatever laughs.

Angry Grimace

Second arc was the lesbian sister one?

"THEN WHY SO COLD TO ME?!"
"BECAUSE I WANT TO MARRY YOU"

And then the voodoo cat god whatever laughs.

I laughed also because it was the most random fucking shit ever

scy

Honestly, that should've been the end of those characters. The cat statue thing just laughs at them and then runs off for new hijinks. That would've been interesting.

I think the same about Kimi wa Midara and that perverted pillow.

Solune

Honestly, that should've been the end of those characters. The cat statue thing just laughs at them and then runs off for new hijinks. That would've been interesting.

I think the same about Kimi wa Midara and that perverted pillow.

You will refer to the pillow as the Obverse god. Thanks.

AKB49 39

Yuuko owns. And Minori has a Nice butt

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goodnight Pun pun vol. 10

God, pun pun has truly grown into such a fucked up character. Cringing hard at his interactions with aiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom