• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Cage of Eden 184

Global warming will cause ocean levels to rise a meter in the next century. And the plan to combat that is to... fill 400 square meters with land? Do they not know how displacement works? And seriously?
40 years have already passed?
. Damn.

Big One

Banned
When I did my "research" I read 20 chapters or so I think. It's not so much about if Bleach used backgrounds often and it's more about if Bleach had decent backgrounds ever.

I looked this up because a few people in Mangagaf (Big One and some others) were actually arguing Kubo is physically incapable of drawing backgrounds.

Which is obviously a load of bullcrap.
I've never said that seriously. That was more of a tongue-in-cheek way of saying Kubo never really draws backgrounds, and he doesn't. He isn't incapable of doing it as he does draw backgrounds sometimes.

But most of the time in Bleach it's just characters with white surroundings, which is just pure incompetent.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've never said that seriously. That was more of a tongue-in-cheek way of saying Kubo never really draws backgrounds, and he doesn't. He isn't incapable of doing it as he does draw backgrounds sometimes.

But most of the time in Bleach it's just characters with white surroundings, which is just pure incompetent.

It isn't "pure incompetent," its a stylistic decision.

Beelzebub 188

Good chapter. Loved seeing Aoi in the shrine maiden outfit again and hopefully the newcomers turn out to be good challengers.

Kuroko no Basket 197

Kise seems unstoppable though I still expect him to lose. Wouldn't be surprised if he passes out after the game.

Molester Man 1-3

I'm liking it so far. Art was unexpected but I think it goes well with the story so I'm okay with it. Molester is honestly funny and I enjoy his inner monologue. He did though basically step on a landmine when he brought up the stalking situation. Understanding seems like a kind woman, if a little wierd. I'll read more later but as for now I wouldn't mind if she turned out to be the ending girl.

Also glasses is such a bro.

Cage of Eden

With 3 chapters you waste at least 2 of them on info that was all but confirmed already? This is sucking.

Cage of Eden 184

I hope the final chapter give some kind of an answer.
Maybe they are clones put on the island

That's just about the only thing I can see being an answer at this point. Don't know how it would explain away the plain crash or anything though. But why else would the group do all this just for extinct animals and a monument?

Wiseblade

It isn't "pure incompetent," its a stylistic decision.

It's a terrible stylistic decision. The lack of backgrounds make everything feel like it's happening in limbo. The sense that time has progressed is lessened somewhat because everyone's always fighting in the same white haze.

JohnDonut

Banned

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's a terrible stylistic decision. The lack of backgrounds make everything feel like it's happening in limbo. The sense that time has progressed is lessened somewhat because everyone's always fighting in the same white haze.

Perhaps, but that's subjective and I don't agree. In any case, it has little to do with "competence."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oyasumi Punpun ch. 50

God dammit Punpun. You dirty, dirty bastard

Why hate only pun pun? Midori straight up took advantage of him.

You could even count it as rape.

keep going friend, it just gets better.

Already finished it. Posted my final impressions of the current chapter on the previous page.

Pulled a goddamn all-nighter reading it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Am I supposed to quote your avatar, or what?

I am not sure I understand.

1. Bandwagoning
2. Nostalgia
3. Masochistic pleasure
4. Undeniable Bromance without limits
5. Implied yaoi
6. Cause we trick ourselves into thinking it's almost over
7. Because too many people argue you can't bash something without reading it
8. Cause it updates when Naruto/Bleach do
9. Because we expect Sasuke to die
10. Because we're deluded
11. Because it's funny to hate on it
12. Because Sauce is so dark and deep, it makes me weird in my pants
13. Hinata = Best Waifu ever
14. TenTen's character development.

Pick your poison.

I will just sum the reason why I still read Naruto in one simple sentence: I like it.

I am not bothered by the seemingly unending torrent of people shouting "Naruto SHUCKS!" every week and despite its admittedly generally nosedive in quality these several past arcs, I will keep reading it simply because I like it as a whole, and that's that.

wonzo

Banned
punpun44.png

I believe in you!

Why hate only pun pun? Midori straight up took advantage of him.

You could even count it as rape.

Already finished it. Posted my final impressions of the current chapter on the previous page.

Pulled a goddamn all-nighter reading it.
Yeah, sure it was Midori who made the first move but Punpun knew damn right what was happening and earlier the only thing that he was thinking about was having sex. Add the fact that a little later when they meet again at his dead grampa's house, he thought about grabbing her pubic hair and clit and throw her in a ditch afterwards. He's got a dirty mind, that kid.

Vol. 5 done but I'm going to call it a day now. There's only so much suffering a man can take

Antiwhippy

Yeah, sure it was Midori who made the first move but Punpun knew damn right what was happening and earlier the only thing that he was thinking about was having sex. Add the fact that a little later when they meet again at his dead grampa's house, he thought about grabbing her pubic hair and clit and throw her in a ditch afterwards. He's got a dirty mind, that kid.

Vol. 5 done but I'm going to call it a day now. There's only so much suffering a man can take

We might forget because he was drawn up as a cartoon bird, but he was still a kid at that time, probably around 14 if my guesstimate is correct. Plus he was already getting pretty messed up in his head so he probably wasn't thinking straight.

His dark nature was definitely becoming more and more apparent though.

Also goddamn no need to be so week. Read the whole thing through in one sitting. :p

So mangaf anymore inio asano reccomendations? I've already read What a Wonderful World and Solanin.

We might forget because he was drawn up as a cartoon bird, but he was still a kid at that time, probably around 14 if my guesstimate is correct. Plus he was already getting pretty messed up in his head so he probably wasn't thinking straight.

His dark nature was definitely becoming more and more apparent though.

Also goddamn no need to be so week. Read the whole thing through in one sitting. :p

So mangaf anymore inio asano reccomendations? I've already read What a Wonderful World and Solanin.
Hey, I'd like to but it's almost 3 am ;)

Antiwhippy

Solanin 12

Wow...I'm actually growing pretty attached to these characters. To see one leave is pretty intense.

Yeah, it was pretty shocking for me too. Mostly because it came out of fucking nowhere for me, which still kinda leaves me with a bitter taste. Though the way the story continues after that event makes up for it in tenfold.

BTW, once you finish this read Goodnight Punpun. Same author.

Hey, I'd like to but it's almost 3 am ;)

I read till 8am in the morning.

I really need to stop doing that.

Cajun

Neo Member
Yeah, it was pretty shocking for me too. Mostly because it came out of fucking nowhere for me, which still kinda leaves me with a bitter taste. Though the way the story continues after that event makes up for it in tenfold.

BTW, once you finish this read Goodnight Punpun. Same author.

Chapter 12 was only when Taneda first leaves. But...now I know why that tragedy genre tag was used :'(

Also, punpun was already my next-in-line to read.

JohnDonut

Banned
Do I really want to read this?
Punpun is fucked up, and it is the human element of a fucked up growing up and how it effects him and the world around him.

As for the rape, he wanted her earlier, but she took advantage of him when he was feeling bad and punpun just laid there regardless. Afterwards he was like...melancholy? Anyways, That's what the story is about, punpun's fucked up life.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Punpun is fucked up, and it is the human element of a fucked up growing up and how it effects him and the world around him.

As for the rape, he wanted her earlier, but she took advantage of him when he was feeling bad and punpun just laid there regardless. Afterwards he was like...melancholy? Anyways, That's what the story is about, punpun's fucked up life.

Isn't Punpun supposed to be in elementary/middle school or something? Does he get older?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom