• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Man, I tried to read Akame ga Kill 33.5 but that first page makes me think it'll be a really sad chapter :(

Edit: T.T

bigkrev

I know a bit about football, but the center would have a pretty difficult time being undersized. The nosetackle he has to go against is usually the biggest guy on the defensive line. Hard to snap a ball and block a bigger guy.

For reference, here are the height and weight of the OLines for the NFC champion 49ers and the (leading at halftime of AFC title game) Patriots
49ers
LT Joe Staely 6'5 315
LG Mike Iupati 6'5 331
C Jonathan Goodwin 6'3 308
RG Alex Boone 6'8 300
RT Anthony Davis 6'5 323

Patriots
LT Nate Solder 6'8 320
LG Logan Mankins 6'4 310
C Ryan Wendell 6'2 300
RG Dan Connolly 6'4 312
RT Sebastian Vollmer 6'8 320

As you can see, in both cases, the center is the smallest person by size on the line. In cases where teams have a NT (such as a 3-4), the Center normally gets help from a guard. "Undersized" is a word you wouldn't normally use in regards to a 6'2 300lb monster, but in regards to linemen, that IS undersized.

Akame ga Kill 33

Man, they really have no qualms about killing off established characters in brutal ways. I mean that was obvious and all, but this seems worse than the other ones.

Piecake

Momo no Musume 1-2

The concept and execution's smutty enough but the art can get really... unappealing at times. *barf*

that style of eyes and lips freak me out

Been reading Edens Bowy and am liking it so far. Its giving me a bit of an Escaflowne vibe. Thankfully, the main character's hair gets less stupid over time

duckroll

One Piece - Long Ring Island

That was bad. It was pointless, and not very entertaining at all. It felt like some cheap filler arc other than the really cool stuff with Aokiji at the end. The rigged competition and the asshole pirate leader reminded me of Hosoda's Baron Matsuri One Piece movie, except it inferior in every possible way. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

One Piece - Water 7

Now this is the real shit! When One Piece gets good, it gets REALLY good. Great location, lots of really interesting ideas, solid characters, great pace. I'm so glad that somehow I've been able to dodge spoilers for everything all these years. Most of the plot developments caught me by surprise in a good way. It's great to see well planned adventure shounen manga. Oda-god! I can't believe this arc is so epic it doesn't even have a conclusion. The hypetrain just rams right into the next arc... literally! Lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That was bad. It was pointless, and not very entertaining at all. It felt like some cheap filler arc other than the really cool stuff with Aokiji at the end. The rigged competition and the asshole pirate leader reminded me of Hosoda's Baron Matsuri One Piece movie, except it inferior in every possible way. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

One Piece - Water 7

Now this is the real shit! When One Piece gets good, it gets REALLY good. Great location, lots of really interesting ideas, solid characters, great pace. I'm so glad that somehow I've been able to dodge spoilers for everything all these years. Most of the plot developments caught me by surprise in a good way. It's great to see well planned adventure shounen manga. Oda-god! I can't believe this arc is so epic it doesn't even have a conclusion. The hypetrain just rams right into the next arc... literally! Lol.

Ride that hype train all the way into the half way point.

One Piece - Water 7

You only get to experience Enies Lobby for the first time once. Cherish the feeling.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

One Piece - Water 7

Goooood. Goooood.
Now you're seeing why One Piece is the phenomenon it is in Japan.

I will agree about DBF, except for the part with Aokiji, the arc is entirely worthless. Even Oda admitted it has zero impact, it was just a "fun arc". Toei saw it differently though as they've attempted to turn Foxy and two of his crew members into Team Rocket.

2San

Cooking Papa 1-4
Nice heart warming Slice-of-life about cooking. It isn't deep or anything, but a nice short fun read. Cooking Mama who?

wonzo

Banned
That was fast.

The Seven Deadly Sins 12
nanatsutaizai12.png

Uh-oh, Diane and Meliodas are getting played bigtime and I hope Ban doesn't turn out to be some creepy rapist.

TWGOK Vol. 19 & Vol. 20 Omake

You wouldn't believe the holy hell it took to get this done. I'm surprised that Wakaki actually tucked away some important information in an Omake.

Mars is still the best Goddess.

uvNpPKQ.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Cooking Papa 1-4
Nice heart warming Slice-of-life about cooking. It isn't deep or anything, but a nice short fun read. Cooking Mama who?

Makes me wonder if Cooking Mama got the idea from Cooking Papa. It's had to inspire something, it's been running since the 80s.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Zatch Bell 1-78
I quit. Seriously, the humor is incredibly childish and the relationships are pretty flat. I find myself not really caring about Zatch's past, and the unsociable and super-intelligent MC devolved pretty quickly into a shonen trope that would almost fit in well in Fairy Tale. I'm not the target demographic for this one.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
KATAWA SHOUJO yes I know this is a manga thread but since the official thread is almost dead already I am posting my updates here every once in a while too hope it's okay.

Finished Emi's and Hanako's route. The first is a fun girl and a fun route, the second is a d'awwwww girl and a d'awwwwwww route. Both of them are great girls/routes, despite they being really in contrast with one another.

I just couldn't stop smiling and grinning, and feeling, playing through this game. It filled me with so many feels it's unbelievable. Kind of like reading My Girl for a manga comparison (those of you who have not read it should do it I mean what the hell are you thinking not reading it yet!)

Next I am doing Lilly's route. Let's see how it fares.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Zatch Bell 1-78
I quit. Seriously, the humor is incredibly childish and the relationships are pretty flat. I find myself not really caring about Zatch's past, and the unsociable and super-intelligent MC devolved pretty quickly into a shonen trope that would almost fit in well in Fairy Tale. I'm not the target demographic for this one.

It gets damn weird.

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 vol 7-12

Loved the training arc in America- running from Texas to Las Vegas seems like 1 way to improve your stamina! I liked how we got to see how the other teams were training as well- when the "new look" Sakuraba was unveiled, I was pretty happy. I was also a pretty big fan of chapter 100, which was a bunch of funny chibi 4 koma- I laughed way too hard at the ones with Mamouri buying creampuffs and Kurita jamming people into a train.

I'm not happy at how compressed they are making the actual football games. The game against Yuhi, for example, probably could have gone on a little longer. Based on how quick the games are going, i'm real curious how they are going to squeeze another 20 vols out of this, considering this is the "last chance" for Kurita and Himura.

Defuser

Steel Ball Run

Holy fuck, this whole arc is fucking crazy. Never seen 2 guys taken so much brutal damage throughout this whole race. Why does Araki always have every single Zeppeli meet a tragic fate?

Still a bit confused on Johnny Joestar's Act 4 stand and how it defeated Funny Valentine though.

Qvoth

Anybody here reads the original one punch man too?
The one with artwork by original author one?
Looks like it's drawn by a retarded baby monkey, but this arc is GREAT story wise

PS: needs moar smut manga recommendations! Already know of aunt tits and prison school

Sleepless Nights (Nemurenu Yoru wa Dare no Sei) 1-end
tumblr_mgykhmi40L1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Got this one on kindle instead of paperback, ended up being a pretty nice read of two people that had a run in one night and then happened to become students at the same school and roommates on the same day and how they try to handle their feelings, one just out of the closet and the other just trying to protect him from/falling for him for how cute he is, as well as their different definitions of love. Liked the character art and designs, and the plot for them as well as the bonus chapter for Miyabi's friend.

wonzo

Banned
Fucking Boichi. You get these awesome badass spreads and then you see the women and it's barf time. He needs an assistant whose only duty is to draw girls for him.
Damn, that's pretty badass but I doubt there's an assistant alive that could turn those female faces into something aesthetically pleasing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fucking Boichi. You get these awesome badass spreads and then you see the women and it's barf time. He needs an assistant whose only duty is to draw girls for him.

Oh shit, I thought the girls look familiar. The females look the same in sun ken rock.

It's like his reference for girls are sex dolls.

You know, with the way he characterise them, they might as well be sex dolls.

dumbyugi

Limbo on the Border Line 1-6

A cute 4koma about a elf-human girl named Fuu who works at a wizards shop in the town of Limbo. Limbo is a town of hybrids like Fuu, mostly animal/human so far but there will probably be more types as the series goes on.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Parasyte is the first manga where I felt physically ill while reading it. Great series, although the way the final boss is defeated is a little bit Deus Ex Machina.

Lain

Penguin Prince
NNk.gif

Collection of stories by Kyousuke Motomi. I love this author, but I found the book a bit boring, despite some of the usual humour was good.
It's just that the love stories follow a way too predictable path which is what made reading it boring.
Still, some stories were better than others with the first and second one (which also had karuta in it) being way better than the rest for one reason (chemistry between the characters in the first story) or another (the actual karuta time in the second).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom