• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

What is Reborn?

And I thought DTL liked Fairy Tail best?
Katekyo Hitman Reborn, a Jump series about a loser who becomes the leader of a mafia clan. It was decent until the genre shift. The slice of life/comedy that lasted like 7 volumes was better than the following 34 volumes.

Anyways, Assassination Classroom is popular :
pR5gIl6l.jpg

@Tribes of Trusty : Actually, the genre shift saved Medaka Box imo. The first chapters were boring as hell.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn, a Jump series about a loser who becomes the leader of a mafia clan. It was decent until the genre shift. The slice of life/comedy that lasted like 7 volumes was better than the following 34 volumes.

Huhm I see..

So DTL likes it best? I guess it has a lot of random powerups and friendship speeches or something?

Or is it yaoi?

You fell from 1st place in number of posts to 4th.

I don't remember ever being in 1st place, lol.

What is Reborn?

And I thought DTL liked Fairy Tail best?

Katekyo hitman reborn. It has one of the most shitty ending ever. The ending basically is the author states that the main character is still the same (cowered, shy, indecisive, getting low grades in school), at the end he still all those, but he has friends now. Very shitty.

Katekyo hitman reborn. It has one of the most shitty ending ever. The ending basically is the author states that the main character is still the same (cowered, shy, indecisive, getting low grades in school), at the end he still all those, but he has friends now. Very shitty.

That sounds more like a Harem protagonist than a shonen protagonist tbh.

It has everything you mentionned.
And it's pure fujoushi bait.

I don't know that word.

/edit

But it apparently means exactly what I assumed it did.

@Tribes of Trusty : Actually, the genre shift saved Medaka Box imo. The first chapters were boring as hell.

I don't know, each time I tried to read it (which amounts to a total of four) I ended up more confused than the time before. It's the only manga I just can't understand.

Steroyd

Huhm I see..

So DTL likes it best? I guess it has a lot of random powerups and friendship speeches or something?

Or is it yaoi?

The main character's clothes blows off when getting hit by a magical bullet that powers him up.

A bit like how in Fairy Tail Gray goes near naked to use his ice techniques.

It's easy to see how DTL started liking the series initially.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 40-41
Really liked the fact that we saw some bits of the girls' match. I hope we'll keep following them, it'd be pretty cool.

scy

Akame ga Kill 33 - "Well Tatsumi ... aren't I amazing?"

T.T It still hurts.

Night Raid: Seven Members Remaining

If I should put my images in quote tags, then you should say so. I'm reading and writing all this on my iPad, so I can't say if it's too big on a PC screen, sorry.

7 Seeds, 84

What a crazy turn of events. Ango completely snapped and in order to protect him, Ryo wanted to get rid of the two. Both of them have become what they hate the most.

I used to despise Team Autumn, but they're fucking awesome. I'm glad they've changed for the better. I was also surprised by Madonna's reaction towards Ango. After all what they've been through, I thought she'd developed at least some feelings.

Glad they're gone for now. Now they can try to rape and kill each other. Their meeting with Arashi and the rest of Summer B should be interesting, though.

E: oh, and in no way do I believe that Hana died.

7 Seeds real talk

I like Natsu. Her awkwardness really grew on me, haha. Her interactions with Semimaru are priceless.

It's funny you say that, because I just finished chapter 86 and wanted to mention how much I hate her right now. She always looks like she's about to cry, it's so damn annoying.

Dynedom

It's funny you say that, because I just finished chapter 86 and wanted to mention how much I hate her right now. She always looks like she's about to cry, it's so damn annoying.

The whole point of 7 Seeds is how you change as a person in a new environment after being the same way for most of your life though. If anything, its a character development manga.

Natsu will take some time to develop but I doubt she will remain static through the whole manga. Not for someone of her nature, given the world she's in.

On that note:

7 Seeds - Minor Heat Chapter (fin)

Might be my favorite arc of the series. So much happens in terms of character development. Just really well done.

1355561371361.png

Molester Man 10-12

Poor Loli

I know Molester did the right thing since he was serious about going after Kansai but that was depressing. Especially at the end when she was leaving and Molester asked her that question. When he did that I lost a ton of respect for him there.

Puchitto Hajiketa 4(end)
tumblr_mgxrp3iY4f1qc8coqo1_500.jpg

Really good adorable ending and hilarious moments all throughout, the two people just randomly appearing and the people murming made me chuckle a bit, mainly since Ashitaka and Noshiro would just randomly be so intense in public places. Good manga with fun moments, cant wait to see the writers next work.

The whole point of 7 Seeds is how you change as a person in a new environment after being the same way for most of your life though. If anything, its a character development manga.

Natsu will take some time to develop but I doubt she will remain static through the whole manga. Not for someone of her nature, given the world she's in.
I know and she already shows some signs of change, but it's so sloooooow. Like when she finally found the courage to ask Ango why he's so kind to her, she couldn't even wait a second or two for a response. No, she completely panicked again and ran away. I can't handle this level of stupidity and awkwardness. It's been 90 chapters and I feel like she has the least development of all characters.

Molester Man 10-12

Poor Loli

I know Molester did the right thing since he was serious about going after Kansai but that was depressing. Especially at the end when she was leaving and Molester asked her that question. When he did that I lost a ton of respect for him there.

Loli was clearly the best Waifu of the bunch.

Dynedom

I know and she already shows some signs of change, but it's so sloooooow. Like when she finally found the courage to ask Ango why he's so kind to her, she couldn't even wait a second or two for a response. No, she completely panicked again and ran away. I can't handle this level of stupidity and awkwardness. It's been 90 chapters and I feel like she has the least development of all characters.

Something tells me this manga will end when Natsu is fully developed. Based on that, we're in for a long haul =\

Loli was clearly the best Waifu of the bunch.
Are you mad?
Something tells me this manga will end when Natsu is fully developed. Based on that, we're in for a long haul =
It would probably bother me a lot more if the other teams wouldn't get a lot of screen time as well. But the thought of going back to the regular release schedule and being stuck with Natsu for a while is quite annoying.

Atredeus

Neo Member
I agree 100% i was really looking forward to last arc until it got cuts to bits .
Still was only reading it for about 2 or 3 years which not long .

Honestly, if you go back and reread Nurarihyon No Mago in one shot, it really doesn't seem terribly rushed like other endings. There's a lot that got wrapped up quickly, and they progressed through the castles pretty fast, but everything has wrapped up pretty nicely. Has the final chapter been released yet?

So as far as recent shit endings go, which do you guys think was the worst? Reborn, Negima, or Cage of Eden?

I don't think that's quite the case. But either way, this chapter was just a "Let's show you how everyone looks after a time skip", and answered nothing. So many loose ends here. Ah well, still better than the ending to Neji or KHR.

I'll elaborate. Reborn didn't even end. Just sorta... stopped. No answers, no closure. The other two are a toss-up, but I still think I have a bad taste in my mouth about Negima just skipping the biggest and most hyped-up confrontation. And then taunting the reader afterwards about how epic it totally was. It was just incredibly unsatisfying. So I'll take the rushed no-answer conclusion of Cage of Eden.

Soma

Akame ga KILL! 33

Eh, I knew it was coming for a while after spoiling myself.

On one hand it's still painful to see but on the other hand it was pretty stupid to
NOT FUCKING CHECK THE BODY AFTERWARDS so she kinda had it coming there

Oh well.

I got your back. Loli was indeed the superior choice
until she stopped being the closest thing the series had to a villain, at which point I largely lost interest in her.

But it was worth the showdown and the anxiety while waiting for the next chapter.

Loli would've been the best girl even if she had a flat chest, you guys are too boob-oriented.
Dude, she turned her PS2 off. Hard. That's some cruel stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom