• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 Seeds, 76

lPdGp0g.jpg

Is there such a thing as "too much information"? In this case, I'd say yes. Depending on much she says in he next chapter, she might've signed her death sentence. I mean, the psychopath and leader of Team Summer, Ango, just tried to kill one of them and argued with his gun pulled out ...

Of course Hana won't die, but still, this could get pretty awesome.

For some reason this picture remind me of "legend of basara" .
is it the same author ?

Yu Yu Hakusho Final Arc

What the heck was that? Great set up for an arc that got horribly rushed to a conclusion 5 chapters before the end of the series, then we got padding and it just kind of ended. It seems like Togashi just got bored and was like "meh I guess I'll just end it here".

Overall I really enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho and it was nice to see the whole thing from beginning to end without any missed episodes or out of order shenanigans. Even it's lack luster ending can't ruin how great the Dark Tournament and Sensui arcs were.

Tizoc

One should probably skip part one, as its just plain boring, kind of dull, and riddled too much with characters saying their each and every move and thought too much. Extremely limited focus on the things that make manga good like litrally no well designed characters as everyone is disgustingly bulky, too little bonds and friendship, and just a plot that is in no way all that interesting or worth caring about. The action and finds were pretty not good and skippable. I think its pretty overhyped.

New characters in part 2 fix this, and are way cool and friendly but are still bulky, but plot is still pretty weak and kind of too basic and maybe nonsensical

Don't skip Part 1; it has Dio being an asshole from the age of 10-12 and Zeppeli's pimpin' hat.

Yonafunu

One should probably skip part one, as its just plain boring, kind of dull, and riddled too much with characters saying their each and every move and thought too much. Extremely limited focus on the things that make manga good like litrally no well designed characters as everyone is disgustingly bulky, too little bonds and friendship, and just a plot that is in no way all that interesting or worth caring about. The action and finds were pretty not good and skippable. I think its pretty overhyped.

New characters in part 2 fix this, and are way cool and friendly but are still bulky, but plot is still pretty weak and kind of too basic and maybe nonsensical

This is priceless.
I'd start reading at the very beginning. Sure, the art and plot are pretty terrible in Part 1, but I think it's an essential part of the story, especially if you're going to read 2 and 3.

Sun-Ken Rock 115

The power of friendship is strong in this one. Like, FT levels strong.
I'm still rooting for the other guy though.

So GAF I find myself stuck on what next to read, after YYH I kind of want to check out Togashi's other big series Hiatus x Hiatus Hunter x Hunter, but on the other hand the more I see of the JoJo anime from snippets online the more I want to read that mammoth of a series. Thoughts/suggestions?

Lain

/Blush-DC 10-11

Woah, these two chapters did hurt. The pathetic protagonist got hit both physically and emotionally as the prostitute girl gets taken away by her uncle and then fucked by him as the poor sob watches from behind the door.
Feels like a bit of NTR even though it's not.

So GAF I find myself stuck on what next to read, after YYH I kind of want to check out Togashi's other big series Hiatus x Hiatus Hunter x Hunter, but on the other hand the more I see of the JoJo anime from snippets online the more I want to read that mammoth of a series. Thoughts/suggestions?

HxH. Even with the art and constant Hiatus's(?) it's still worth it.

Edit: I may be a little biased, I gave up on JoJo after part 1.

Steroyd

Wow, the respect levels Dio had for Jonathon must have flew over you.

Tower of God

Wow, no wonder I was confused on who the 'Girl with Bunny ears' was in the last chapter. The whole last part was missing from the version I read. Didn't see the hit the new guy took or the part with Baam and Bunny ears.

So I wonder what this fortune teller's angle is. She put a hit out on Koon and is trying to distract or delay Baam. I'll be surprised if the big guy's dead.

Atredeus

Neo Member

If it's between those two, Hunter x Hunter. It'll take a while, but I just plowed through it not too long ago. After that, start on Flame of Recca and stay with Anzai for Mar, which goes pretty quick.

Man, that music.

That feels good.

Just watch as much of the anime for part 1 as you can (only to figure out the basic plot and how the powers work), and then skip to part 2. Read through part 3 and wash your hands of the series, like I did. Thank me later.

Sun-Ken Rock 115

The power of friendship is strong in this one. Like, FT levels strong.
I'm still rooting for the other guy though.

I don't know why I'm still reading this either.

IHaveIce

Banned
/Blush-DC 10-11

Woah, these two chapters did hurt. The pathetic protagonist got hit both physically and emotionally as the prostitute girl gets taken away by her uncle and then fucked by him as the poor sob watches from behind the door.
Feels like a bit of NTR even though it's not.

Oh this still gets updated? Nice

Reknoc

HxH, then when you finish that move onto JoJo. By the time you finish JoJo you may have a new HxH chapter waiting for you!

Oyasumi Punpun Vol. 11

Everything went better than expected.

Punpun is downright evil, devilish horns and all and Aiko will be quite literally as well as figuratively scarred for life. Damn, what a ride this has been and it is promising to get even worse with the weird cult and Sachi deciding to keep her baby.
By the way, Punpun will rock a mean eye patch from now on I guess.

I absolutely lost it when I saw this in ch. 85.
i4NTsCdND6Oo.png

Even though he's only a caricature of some kind of bird, his facial expressions are great.

Gantz

Yes, please keep stretching this manga's runtime after the promises of a finale in 2012 already failed with more redundant mini arcs...
Kinda liked the kills though, lol.

Before reading Molester Man 14.5, I could have (possibly) lived my entire life without ever knowing what a Onahole was.

Then came curiosity , and with it a quick trip to Google with the safe off

:/ Big Mistake.

scy

Yamada 44 - ...does this mean we finally have a villain?

And why did Yamada even start going on about the witches to her in the first place?

Before reading Molester Man 14.5, I could have (possibly) lived my entire life without ever knowing what a Onahole was.

In the pursuit of knowledge, sometimes tragedy happens.

Was waiting for "...so I went to EBay."

DON'T READ THE FINAL CHAPTER

I would probably recommend this. Put the last chapter off until the week or so before it comes back from Hiatus. If it doesn't come back from hiatus you have a pretty good end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom