• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

I'll do my best to avoid Punpun's spoilers.
Volume 6 will be out in... February. Good lord. (I don't want to read the scans :/ )

Hunter x Hunter: Kurapika Recollections 2

Could have had a bit more action and the background art people :( Anyway, guess thats just the authors trait as I remember that from YYH. Pairo was killed (?) I guess, sad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KNIM

Jeez. I think I'm in an abusive relationship. Why do I keep reading this shit? Someone stop me.

Usually there´s interviews at Jump fiesta with mangaka about their plans for next year manga content. For Naruto there´s a new movie releasing in 2014. Source is churchblue at BA.

Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration 6
tumblr_mfjqe7PRsY1qbxqfpo1_500.png

He says some pretty good lines. I hope Yahiko does take up the sword, almost thought he'd turn away the dojo and stuff but dedicated. Hopefully we get some fights next month.

Cross Manage 13

Seki and Wakamoto are hilarious and had me laughing the whole chapter, poor Sakurai. Though going in the romance route with Toyoguchi...dont think I want, though if it stays awkward it should be entertaining at least.

Nisekoi False Love 54

Pretty hard sometimes to tell Raku apart from the other girl, though kind of hilarious chapter, his smile still, and the Black Tiger stuff.

Yoningurashi END

Well I was expecting the series coming to an end based off how the latest chapters have been about the kids growing up, just not so suddenly.

The epilogue wasn't bad, just was expecting to see at least the parents instead of how the kids are in high school.

Still, a very cute series about kids growing up and their parents.

BLue Exorcist 41
tumblr_mewmway82M1rrqz7ko1_250.png

Wanted to know more of Yukio's secret or something. Though I liked the moment when all the male characters showed up in the girls room as the case wound down (should have had more screentime), pretty boring with Shiemi and Kamiki though and those Inari that are getting rather annoying.

Illuminati feels like it came from out of nowhere...Waitng until February for the next chapter is simply no good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Assassination Classroom 25

Here comes a new challenger! He'll fail of course.
Also, a Sex and the City reference in 2012. How bizarre.

ElFly

Body parts have been huge the past couple parts. Dio's bones, Jesus corpse, Franken Jojo. It's all been about rebuilding a body. Maybe someone is trying to rebuild The World or something like that by combining stands? Araki originally thought it was a combination of all Stands in part three before time stop.

Jojolion 17 and/or Steel Ball Run's end

Dunno if he will bring back Dio or The World. He did bring back Diego with The World already so I think this universe has been dio'd out.

Jojolion aka how do you pronounce this Chapters 1-6

Shit, the SBR Kira seems to be even crazier than his original version. I doubt he's really dead either.

I love this JoJo incarnation so far, his look, his personality, his manner of speaking and his quirks. Chilling between the bed and the mattress gotta be top 5 most hilarious JoJo moments ever. Soft & Wet as a stand is incredibly original as well, maybe the most original of any of the main characters so far. I can already feel something incredible coming up. The Higashikata family taking Josuke in was a bit out of nowhere though.

wonzo

Banned
Laughter 5 END

I wasn't really feeling this short series at the beginning but they chose a pretty good spot to end it. Not bad.

Chihiro can never be #1 in anything, that's the point of the character.

I know that she's the definition of average, but in a world where every girl is insane, a witch, got daddy issues or other problems, it's refreshing to have someone normal.

Oh, and she made that little son of a bitch cry. That's worth something.

scy

Laughter 5 END - Expected it to be a short one-off arc but this really has promise to be a really good story. Not sure how the "fights" would go with the sister the way she is though.

I hope the next work is just as interesting.

The World God Only Knows 101

Well shit

Totally didn't see that coming at all.

Unfortunately, she doesn't get to count in the waifu talk. Sadly.

jman2050

TWGOK 116

...Well, that happened.

Just a feeling, but now would be the appropriate time to post this I guess.

EDIT:

Deposit Elsie into PC

Withdraw Haqua

I am okay with this.

Who is this Haqua again? Isn't she the one who always has to get naked to appear somewhat interesting? Basically the bland fan service in the manga?

No she didn't, she didn't do anything. He did that all by himself out of the goodness of his heart.

Puh-leeeeeease, Keima doesn't have a heart and you know it.

Mr. Fix

Usually there´s interviews at Jump fiesta with mangaka about their plans for next year manga content. For Naruto there´s a new movie releasing in 2014. Source is churchblue at BA.

Which reminds me, Oda's planning on revealing a new species, and someone in the new world is starting to make their move.

Laughter in the End of the World Fin

Great ending to a great series, sad to see it over because the world/main characters had so much potential for a longer series to expand upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom