• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Molester Man 16

dat Jojo parody

dat cliffhanger.

Miss Understanding is the broest of bros. Kansai lying about the stalker though, that was unexpected.

Lain

Confession time

I have never read or seen any version of Full Metal Alchemist, I'm planning to start reading the manga tonight. Is it worth the read or it the anime versions that are worth checking out?

Just read the manga. The first anime adaption is shit (with an exception for a couple episodes like the chimera ones) and the second adaption is alright (especially toward the end) but the manga is still better.

Jojolion 17

Things are getting weirder. So Josuke is Kira plus someone who was buried in the beach.

Some mind blowing stuff right now. It really looks like Araki is going harder into the universe restart stuff than I thought. We already knew about the split from the end of SBR, but it's going crazy now. Jojolion could really end up as the best part, it's been nuts since the get go.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I take it this is the first time a Doujin ever sparked a good amount of readership, following, and comments from MangaGAF?

Man, Molester Man is just that awesome huh :)

Why did they continue Death Note after the first 26 episodes
? That would have been a perfect spot to end, not initially feeling confident about this next half...

I don't know, if the manga ended there it would have been one of my favorites ever, the followup is horrible.

I loved how in the anime L washes Light toes, like Jesus did with Judas.
In the anime he's more aware that he losed and that he's gonna die.

Mr. Fix

I don't know, if the manga ended there it would have been one of my favorites ever, the followup is horrible.

Interesting stuff, thanks for bringing these up. Also fuck N.

That's why the Death Note movies had a much superior ending.

It sucks at everything else though, but I wish they could remake the whole manga with the movie's ending.

jman2050

ZlIKa.png

Why did I hold off on this for so long?

thetechkid

So I'm confused, I was looking up Kindaichi Case Files and on wikipedia it says there are 59 volumes released and then goes onto show different series with the cases listed under them. And from what I can understand Amazon doesn't have anything after the first series. Someone mind helping clearing this up for me?

A Doll and His Master (one shot)
tumblr_mfiqgzYbmr1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty good story and world with the magicians. Thought it was a compelling base concept of how eating another Magicians heart can grant one abilities as well as the ability in this universe to try to place souls or etc in dolls and use dolls bodies to form magic objects. Really liked interactions between the magician and his doll, Seneca, as well as the plot
that twist

Dresden

Kongou Banchou

What a manly fucking comic this is. And cheesey, but the good kind.

Except Hikyou Banchou. Ain't nothing cheesy about him. Pure badass. Well, okay there's the jacket, but he manages to pull it off! Dude is like a Japanese highschool Batman who has no qualms about killing you. He's the best part of the series.

I enjoyed how the really stupid hair that the protaginist and main atagonist have was explained.
You know you're a badass when you can make exposed midriffs work.

Azure J

Goodnight Punpun (IT. HAS. FUCKING. RETURNED.)

Setting the stage for some dumb/melancholic shit no less I bet. I also have the weirdest boner after that kiss Punpun laid on Aiko...

Magi

Aladdin's coming into the mix now? With all those mixed Fanalis as well? This is going to be fun. Kou Empire also looks like they'll be making a mess of things with this all.

Molester Man 16

Good Lord, the random Jojo's moments in this manga are inspired. :lol

jman2050

The World God Only Knows 47-76

Okay, done for today. I think.

Shit seems like it's going to get real soon. Still Team Haqua, although Elsie has found a pretty favorable niche with me as a punchline to all the good jokes. I'm liking Diana and Tenri so far. Step right up, Two for one special on young nubile haremites!

Updated Rankings:

Bookworm > Swimmer > Normal > Tsundere > Idol > Ramen > Grandma > Teacher > Sprinter > Shogi (so far) > Doll > Schizo

Haqua > Diana > Tenri > Elsie > Nora

Oh god there are so many girls this is torture. I'm only 1/3rd of the way through!!

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku 389

The universe continues to conspire against poor Hina.

Wonder if Hata has something big planned for chapter 400.

The World God Only Knows 47-76

Okay, done for today. I think.

Shit seems like it's going to get real soon. Still Team Haqua, although Elsie has found a pretty favorable niche with me as a punchline to all the good jokes. I'm liking Diana and Tenri so far. Step right up, Two for one special on young nubile haremites!

Updated Rankings:

Bookworm > Swimmer > Normal > Tsundere > Idol > Ramen > Grandma > Teacher > Sprinter > Shogi (so far) > Doll > Schizo

Haqua > Diana > Tenri > Elsie > Nora

Oh god there are so many girls this is torture. I'm only 1/3rd of the way through!!

I can't wait to see your reaction to Chapter 116 and beyond.

The real test will be when Yui shows up.

I hope you too can learn to accept the light of the Best Girl.

Yui is top three for sure.

Cobra 1

Whoa.

Cobra 2

How has Hollywood not yet commissioned someone to adapt this gold? It's the perfect excuse to do crazy stuff and still come across as reasonably self-aware!

Both of these volumes rock. The art's generally expressive, full of great little details, and undeniably creative; Terasawa's dialogue straddles the fine line between Golden Age dead-pan and more modern profanities; above all, Cobra's just a great character, and his interactions with Crystal Boy and the rest crack me up. I just wish Lady Armaroid found something to do.

Defuser

Nisekoi
7vV5R.jpg

Komi knows how to draw them hilarious expressions.

Non-stop Marika antics, so awesome. Gag character confirmed.

dumbyugi

Eyeshield 21 Volume 1-3

YA-HA! Boy do I regret not starting this earlier. The arts pretty good so far and I'm excited to see it improve as I continue. The story so far has been pretty good and it's engaged me enough to keep me reading but what's really shined is the characters. A bunch of new ones just got introduced so I'm looking foward to seeing more of them. I really like that the humour doesn't take away from any of the serious moments. Unless it gets really shitty I'll hopefully finish this before the new year.

Hayate the Combat Buttler 389

Poor Hina, she's destined to lose. I really want her to win but it really doesn't seem like she has a chance.

Kusagari

Nisekoi 56

Marika chapters are best chapters. This chapter even had that bone thrown in to give Marika fans false hopes!

AKB49 97

Good ending to the arc. I wonder if Maya will come back later.

Dresden

kongou bancho -

so begins the last volume of Kongou Bancho. Glad that the manga ended here - the fight against Hakai Banchou felt more like the climax, and this was getting a bit tiring anyways.

Aw yeah.

Wiseblade

Molester Man

iVDvkLNnZybbY.png

I'm not done!

i0zyAxFv9wjIH.png

A deadly 1-2 punch!

Retcon: The most spectacular JJBA Part 1 reference I've ever seen. Just... wow.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 Volume 1-3

YA-HA! Boy do I regret not starting this earlier. The arts pretty good so far and I'm excited to see it improve as I continue. The story so far has been pretty good and it's engaged me enough to keep me reading but what's really shined is the characters. A bunch of new ones just got introduced so I'm looking foward to seeing more of them. I really like that the humour doesn't take away from any of the serious moments. Unless it gets really shitty I'll hopefully finish this before the new year.

Told you so!

What's up with Nisekoi these days? Did IS dropped it? Chapter 55 and 56 are translated by two different teams.

upandaway

Molester Man

I don't think I stopped laughing once during the whole chapter. Speedwagon part killed me.

Anyway since when did Kansai and Undie switch in roles? She's such a bro now, I like her. I'd say why didn't he talk to her more all along, but like with Loli, it doesn't seem like Molester likes that her brand of attitude that much.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Steel Ball Run aka holy shit END

holy shit

second favourite part. it was incredible from beginning to end but damn you Araki, you didn't have to kill Gyro :( I wonder what Johnny did afterwards

holy shit

second favourite part. it was incredible from beginning to end but damn you Araki, you didn't have to kill Gyro :( I wonder what Johnny did afterwards

Read Jojolion.

Some mind blowing stuff right now. It really looks like Araki is going harder into the universe restart stuff than I thought. We already knew about the split from the end of SBR, but it's going crazy now. Jojolion could really end up as the best part, it's been nuts since the get go.

One thing that has bugging me about Jojolion is the family tree.

In the end of Part 6 we see
alternate Jolyne
but in Jojolion family tree there isnt a mention of her if its correct.

So is Jojolion happening in the same world of the end of Part 6? Or is
alternate Jolyne
not a Joestar anymore in this world?

holy shit

I was hoping he would die actually. It would be the Zeppeli thing to do.

Molester Man 5-6

I'm really enjoying the interaction between Molester and Kansai. She's just so much better than Miss Undie and definitely not as boring.

Of course they won't end up together.

Akito

Molester Man
And the plot thickens, so Kansai used the stalker thingy as an excuse but I'm not sure to achieve what exactly. Miss Understanding is much better being a supporter than the love interest. Two days till the next chapter with dat cliffhanger, fuck.

Nisekoi
It was alright, Marika doing what she's best at, being a joke character. Ruri's expression was great.

KNIM
Someone put me out of this misery please.

stryke

Nisekoi Vol 1-4

Typical male protagonist, typical plot device (childhood promises), typical tsundere, typical shy, innocent girl love interest, typical plot developments of a harem.

I LOVE IT.

stryke

KNIM 210

Make it end. Someone please make it end.

I stopped reading it bout a month or two ago cos frankly there was no real further plot development other than them doing the nasty. Out of boredom i thought I'd check out this chapter and doesn't look like much has changed.

Weirdly enough, I used to get annoyed that most romance manga/anime would kind of end with the characters getting together and not really look at what happens afterwards. Now I know I've been too greedy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 seeds 118

Goddamnit not the dogs.

Man, it's been awhile since I've brute force marathoned through a series, especially one this long, especially to like 5 a.m. Seriously fantastic, which is surprising to me because the person who i originally thought was the main character is kinda insufferable, although she does improve. Just love how it can be at once brutally nihilistic and also optimistic, the exploration of various post-apocalyptic scenarios, the exploration and depiction of a post-apocalyptic Japan and also the characters for the most part are pretty interesting, as well as the way the various team and relationship dynamics are developed.

TLDR this series is bloody fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom