• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molester Man 9

This chapter started off really good, but boy, what an ending. I had few good laughs (especially at the homo gundam moment), but the end was this first time I felt the awkwardness running down my spine. So cliche and yet so terrible. You could say it was straight out of a Girl Age thread.

I have to admit though, Loli's behavior seemed kind of sudden. Future interactions with her should be ... Fun.

7 seeds 118

Goddamnit not the dogs.

Man, it's been awhile since I've brute force marathoned through a series, especially one this long, especially to like 5 a.m. Seriously fantastic, which is surprising to me because the person who i originally thought was the main character is kinda insufferable, although she does improve. Just love how it can be at once brutally nihilistic and also optimistic, the exploration of various post-apocalyptic scenarios, the exploration and depiction of a post-apocalyptic Japan and also the characters for the most part are pretty interesting, as well as the way the various team and relationship dynamics are developed.

TLDR this series is bloody fantastic.

Quoted for truth. If any of you have any love for post-apocalyptic stories, read this now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gotta say though it has some pretty corny dumb stuff, such as feeding
humans into a grinder to create fertiliser.
Also the central conceit of the manga, which is freezing youths so that the can go to the future world. Why send so few of them? They kind of explain that with the vaults but then again not really.

Gotta say though it has some pretty corny dumb stuff, such as feeding
humans into a grinder to create fertiliser.
Also the central conceit of the manga, which is freezing youths so that the can go to the future world. Why send so few of them? They kind of explain that with the vaults but then again not really.

Yep, some stuff are just there for shock value, and I don't think you can actually repopulate the whole world with a few people.

But it makes up for it with pretty great character development.

Articalys

A short Fairy Tail Christmas story, from Hiro Mashima, posted on his Twitter:
CaxUL.jpg
Basically, Makarov makes a terrible Santa.

Molester Man 11

HCSTT.jpg

He really blew it and I can't really blame him, because he wants Kansai first and foremost. But still!

Ugh, this is probably what reading KNIM must feel like, when you actually care about the characters.

Read Jojolion.

One thing that has bugging me about Jojolion is the family tree.

In the end of Part 6 we see
alternate Jolyne
but in Jojolion family tree there isnt a mention of her if its correct.

So is Jojolion happening in the same world of the end of Part 6? Or is
alternate Jolyne
not a Joestar anymore in this world?

She had a birthmark so she was definitely a Joestar. Either she just isn't on the family tree like Nijimura, Joseph had an illegitimate son again or something, or she wasn't in the SBR world.

Laughter in the End of the World 5 (end)

Well the ending was decent, though I think it kind of lacked any sort of impact. Or rather it was kind of to be expected that they would turn him away however, I wish they had gone somewhere with the kids saying the comment about the ones to break promises are the bad ones, but well it wasn't explored. Imagine if the mayor's heart had changed, now that would be a good and heartfelt ending.

Manga had potential but turned sour quick, and then just ended decently, alright. ( 3 / 10)

Well either Anime news network reported incorrect or the manga is incorrect, but it says the writers next work is in the autumn and not the spring...

AKB49 97

Mission Complete. Now its time for GJ to be separated.

Laughter in the End of the World 5

What a bummer. It was a pretty solid conclusion with MC scaring the shit outta of the town.

Looking foward to the author next work.

Erigu

One thing that has bugging me about Jojolion is the family tree.

In the end of Part 6 we see
alternate Jolyne
but in Jojolion family tree there isnt a mention of her if its correct.

So is Jojolion happening in the same world of the end of Part 6? Or is
alternate Jolyne
not a Joestar anymore in this world?
Oh, you really shouldn't expect that kind of consistency from Araki...

Molester Man 16

I can't believe the chapter ends just like this. It's a shame I didn't get the JoJo references. Looks like I really need to read this manga. Kansai lying about the stalker does seem weird, but I don't take it as such a big of a deal.

Kreed

Molester Man 16:

lmao at the Jojo references. Really interested to know why Kansai lied about the stalker.

She was just making excuses to avoid giving him an answer/hurting his feelings. The Ms Understanding thing was just an attempt to kill the Christmas confession while at the same time trying to find a way to paint Molester as a bad guy for neglecting Ms Understanding's situation (although it's funny that she knew that Molester didn't know about how the stalker case was going and figured he wouldn't call Ms Understanding).

The World God Only Knows:

ZlIKa.png

Why did I hold off on this for so long?

smh, I miss this humor.

O-mamori Shimasu, Dokomademo ~ I Shall Protect You, No Matter What 3
tumblr_mfjhw5Ub5U1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally though it took awhile. Chapter was actually good and fast paced. Chihiro is in dire need of friends but classmates just wanting to take advantage of his family status is not nice, well only one of the characters did though, why drug his drink and try to rape him :/. Think he could have formed friendship with the others ones though hopefully, though Akira is all he really needs. Thankfully that was resolved and Chihiro can pursue his interest though if only he wasnt under the influence of the drug, wonder if Akira will stop him.

ElFly

Jojolion 17

Yeah his testicles merged with another person. Also his stand merged with another making Soft & Wet which begs the question if Kira is really dead.

I get the feeling that beach is a stand.

IMHO whoever was the owner of the stand that had the other half of soft & wet (aka, the stand with the power to remove things), removed Kira's testicles cleanly and buried himself.

Or maybe he created a whole human out of parts he's been stealing, since he also stole parts of Holly's brain. Or maybe after the fight with Kira, he was missing several parts.

My hope is that the Wall Eyes are somehow this universe's pillar people.

Jojolion 17

IMHO whoever was the owner of the stand that had the other half of soft & wet (aka, the stand with the power to remove things), removed Kira's testicles cleanly and buried himself.

Or maybe he created a whole human out of parts he's been stealing
, since he also stole parts of Holly's brain. Or maybe after the fight with Kira, he was missing several parts.

My hope is that the Wall Eyes are somehow this universe's pillar people.

That is possible since Kira eyes werent removed and it was clearly showed that Josuke had four eyes.

There are some crazy possibilities here.

scy

Reading these posts about Hina getting trolled in Hayate makes me a sad person. A very, very, very sad person.

So sad.

Nisekoi 56 - They keep semi-hinting at something more with Marika's side of things. I'm curious for whenever the plot picks up.

If it ever picks up.

Nisekoi Vol 1-4

Typical male protagonist, typical plot device (childhood promises), typical tsundere, typical shy, innocent girl love interest, typical plot developments of a harem.

I LOVE IT.

Basically!

Defuser

masamune-kun's revenge - 01

this is fucking horrible, I'm sure there will be an anime in the next year.

The mother (loli sister in the next page):

http://i.imgur.com/KwqbL.png

The reverse trap:

http://i.imgur.com/gymhG.png

The 'main' two girls:

http://i.imgur.com/924eZ.png

The premise:

http://i.imgur.com/RfxlF.png

No boxes left unticked.

Gotta fill that cliche character quota.

I did a double take on the mother to confirmed whether my eyes is playing tricks on me or not.

scy

masamune-kun's revenge - 01

this is fucking horrible, I'm sure there will be an anime in the next year.

I'm sure half of us will read it soon enough.

I actually like the main girl. It'll somehow be a hilarious childhood misunderstanding.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kansai is really the only choice they give you.

Kansai >>> Loli >>>>>>>>>>>> Miss Undie

You know if the story is written from the point of view from the main character, it's not shocking Kansai is the best by a landside. It's who he focused on in his mind so any fine points of the other girls would of got downgraded in the long run. Like for instance how he was completely fucking derp to loli liking him

You know if the story is written from the point of view from the main character, it's not shocking Kansai is the best by a landside. It's who he focused on in his mind so any fine points of the other girls would of got downgraded in the long run. Like for instance how he was completely fucking derp to loli liking him

It's true to a certain extend, but Miss Undie was already insufferable when she was his focus at the beginning. While turning down Loli wasn't the nicest thing to do, he did it because he really wanted Kansai and not because Loli is worse than Kansai. She actually might be a better fit (I'm sure there's a trope for that).

Wiseblade

It's true to a certain extend, but Miss Undie was already insufferable when she was his focus at the beginning. While turning down Loli wasn't the nicest thing to do, he did it because he really wanted Kansai and not because Loli is worse than Kansai. She actually might be a better fit (I'm sure there's a trope for that).

It wasn't turning Loli down that was so bd, it was the way he treated her. Peeking on her in the shower (while thinking of Kansai), asking her to shower at his place so he could ask how to reject her on 2ch and asking about Kansai as she left crying from his flat. It was a hat-trick of shameful behaviour.

gunbo13

If it didn't already happen in the last couple of pages, we definitely lost gunbo and survivor again now
lol

I'm just having trouble allocating time to catch up on a ton of series. I did read a bunch of Beelze the other day. I'll have the whole day at my GF's on Wed to read on my ipad while she is at work. Need to load up missing chaps after work today.

It wasn't turning Loli down that was so bd, it was the way he treated her. Peeking on her in the shower (while thinking of Kansai), asking her to shower at his place so he could ask how to reject her on 2ch and asking about Kansai as she left crying from his flat. It was a hat-trick of shameful behaviour.

What? That seemed like pretty normal behavior to me!

Jojolion 17

Or maybe he created a whole human out of parts he's been stealing, since he also stole parts of Holly's brain. Or maybe after the fight with Kira, he was missing several parts.

Body parts have been huge the past couple parts. Dio's bones, Jesus corpse, Franken Jojo. It's all been about rebuilding a body. Maybe someone is trying to rebuild The World or something like that by combining stands? Araki originally thought it was a combination of all Stands in part three before time stop.

Laughter at the End of the World End

While I'm sad that it's over, the ending we got was still pretty good. Sometimes short but sweet is for the better, instead of sticking around and dragging on. It would be interesting to see Yellow Tanabe do another work in the same universe. It's going to be tough waiting until August for her next work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom