• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Laughter in the End of the World Fin

Great ending to a great series, sad to see it over because the world/main characters had so much potential for a longer series to expand upon.

I know, it's an awesome ending but part of me wants it to go on so bad. It's not often we get something with a lot of potential like that.

jman2050

This second Yui arc is amazing.

Guess it really does have to be the guy conquering the girl in the end!

Yui/Mars #1

survivor

Banned
Goodnight Punpun vol 11

In this cheerful volume we got
a psycho mother, attempted murder, Demon King Punpun, murder, Aiko abuse, good vibrations, end of the world apocalypse
, insane mindfucks, and that fucking cliffhanger, just WTF

Thank you based Asano for saving Christmas

jman2050

TWGOK 156

Haqua, I like you and all, but you brought this upon yourself. lern2espionage

I love how with all the crazy situations Keima has gotten himself out of that the whole sick act out of all things would completely fall apart under his watch.

Boys on the Run 70-80

I was all set to rage. I was gonna drop this series. And then...holy fuck. holy fuckity fuck fuck. Seriously, people need to read this. It's fucking amazing.

jman2050

TWGOK 166

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like Chihiro, she's a cool girl. But oh man, I must truly be a sadistic bastard cause I can't stop laughing at this.

Forget Kanna, forget Onodera, Chihiro is the loser of all years. Executions are more merciful than this.

TWGOK 166

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like Chihiro, she's a cool girl. But oh man, I must truly be a sadistic bastard cause I can't stop laughing at this.

Forget Kanna, forget Onodera, Chihiro is the loser of all years. Executions are more merciful than this.
Hasn't stagnated yet, has it?

Solune

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Molester Man 7-11

That part about Gundam SEED Destiny was pretty funny. Didn't expect Loli to be in love with Mr. Molester. Glad he didn't lie to her just to get laid.

El Sloth

Banned
I just recently (well, a few days ago) finished reading through the translated chapters of Akame ga Kill! and I have to say, I think I'm on team Esedese. Does that make a masochist? Then again, dat Leona.

It's a pretty entertaining comic. Battles are fun and when people get mortally wounded they actually fucking die which is a rarity in the battle oriented comics I read.

I wish there were more scenes of Bors with his family or being a generally good dude before killing him off. Sort of like with Hughes from FMA only not as bad ass. I think it would have made the scene more affecting.

Edit: Welp, I'm not clicking that.

Dresden

I've soured on Esdese ever since I stopped reading it as Edese and learned her hair is blue.

Chelsea or Akame are the real waifus.

thetechkid

Well I'm gonna ask again cus I'm still lost on Kindaichi Case Files. Is each case its own volume and are the 59+ volumes listen on wikipedia including all of the stuff from the different series?

Piecake

Shuumatsu no laugher got axed?

pfft, thats basically been the only recent manga that ive liked. Maybe i should just stick to webcomics...

Shit, punpun is ending at vol 14? I thought 11 or 12 would be the last one. I don't know if I can take 4 more volumes of this depressing shit :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I decided to catch up on Ao no Exorcist after putting it off for about 12 chapters. The story was kind of dragging when they were at Kyoto or wherever it was and I got bored earlier on.

So anyway, the latest chapters are really interesting again... I really want to know what's up with Yukio and how they'll handle it differently than the anime did. Also Rin pretty much embracing who he is was a step in the right direction.

Mephisto's intentions are also starting to become clearer as well. I'm not back on the train for the most part as long as the plot keeps moving forward.

Slow Starter 6 end
i125572.png

Although it was a slow story, going through the two and how they became friends just from the train ride to commute to school, their interactions at their respective schools and the school festival arc made for a really good and touching ride. The last chapter was so worth it especially many moments in it bathroom confessional and the final page. Was a good read (actually read the manga twice).

Dresden

Akame ga Kill - raw

Not even sad anymore because how it actually happens is the dumbest thing to happen so far in the series.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Molester Man 12

Kansai bought him medicine and took care of him again. Best girl <3

Assassination Classroom 25

Yeah have to agree with earlier comments and I guess other people in the fandom for this, pretty boring chapter. Hope it doesn't signal that the manga is going to head downhill from here.

-
Ah and it is christmas here on east coast usa, have a good one.
tumblr_mfjq6eh8b91rlowvvo1_250.jpg

scy

don't click if u no want spoiler:

Mega Akame ga Kill spoiler.

Even if predictable, Christmas is ruined.

:/

It's hard to care _that_ much since she had all of the Death Flags go off at the same goddamn time. Still, I really liked her too ...

Edit: Looking at the fight scene,
the fuck? She gets rather literally torn apart. How fucking dumb was the process leading up to that fight anyway?! Jesus.

El Sloth

Banned
I've soured on Esdese ever since I stopped reading it as Edese and learned her hair is blue.

Chelsea or Akame are the real waifus.
Akame is like a side character at this point. Worst girl. Even the dumb tsun sniper is better. Actually, maybe not.

Chelsea is the superior choice of the two.

Schere could have been Best Girl :(

scy

I want an Akame ga Kill spinoff where none of them die :|

Akame is like a side character at this point. Worst girl. Even the dumb tsun sniper is better. Actually, maybe not.

Chelsea is the superior choice of the two.

Akame has (potentially) main girl protection status.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that's the case. I'm half expecting everyone to be lying in a bloody heap at the end.

jman2050

Alright finally caught up on TWGOK so I can stop spamming the thread with impressions now.

Final updated rankings:

... um

Ah forget it *throws stack of papers into air*

scy

Akame ga Highschool?

Akame ga Peaceful Waifus doing peaceful Waifu things where everyone is happy t.t

Saw that shit coming a mile away. She cast her death flags into the atmosphere for all to see. Kinda curious who dropped the hammer though.

It's
Kurome's bodyguard, Natala, along with uh ... whatever the gunner girl was called (Doya?). It's after Chelsea's failed attempt to assassinate Kurome (FINISH THE JOB BEFORE WALKING AWAY). On that note, crazy Kurome is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom