• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we gonna get a synopsis or anything?

Nope!

BLrBWRg.gif

Errrr, people are entirely free to use Spoiler Tags if they so desire, I believe.

I think it was established in here, that spoiler tags are only going to be used, it leaks of new chapters are discussed. Otherwise it's always been: We will discuss all the manga in one topic with no tags.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think it was established in here, that spoiler tags are only going to be used, it leaks of new chapters are discussed. Otherwise it's always been: We will discuss all the manga in one topic with no tags.

Yep, I was confused right now and thought a nw chapter was out because of the spoiler bars.

Yonafunu

Very well, let me do that again:

Bleach

I always thought that when he beat Tensa Zangetsu and Hichigo fused together, he also conquered his Hollow powers. So his final form was a combination of all of his power, including hollow. I have no idea what his current power level is though, post-Dangai or pre-Dangai.

scy

Yeah, spoiler tags here are mostly for raws and leaked information. Generally, we should get around the whole "DON'T READ THIS" angle by just putting the manga and chapter in bold above the actual discussion of the content.

Though, if I'm mentioning something that's a pretty big twist, I'll typically tag that if only for the sake of preserving that kind of reveal.

Medaka Box 1-10

This is where I gave up the first time. My feelings on this opening bit are still largely the same, but at least I know what's coming now so I'll stick with it.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
7 Seeds 74
Holy shit at Akio's rebuttal to Ango. I never thought of it that way. It's amazing how both teams have the right to act the way they do. Summer A is still my favourite team though, if only for Ango, Ban, Gengoro, and fucking RYO. Hell, there's not a character I actually dislike so far, but a few I'm hoping will develop more (Tsunamata, Karita, Chimaki, and Ayane).

Also, question: Why does 7 Seeds, Vagabond, and, you know, actual good manga, not have animes? Hell, why isn't the 7 Seeds manga even localised?

Kurita

7 Seeds 74
Holy shit at Akio's rebuttal to Ango. I never thought of it that way. It's amazing how both teams have the right to act the way they do. Summer A is still my favourite team though, if only for Ango, Ban, Gengoro, and fucking RYO. Hell, there's not a character I actually dislike so far, but a few I'm hoping will develop more (Tsunamata, Karita, Chimaki, and Ayane).

Also, question: Why does 7 Seeds, Vagabond, and, you know, actual good manga, not have animes? Hell, why isn't the 7 Seeds manga even localised?

Huh, tons of good mangas have anime you know.

Yonafunu

I haven't read 7 Seeds, but I'm not sure I'd like an anime for Vagabond. It's almost like poerty, the later chapters at least. It's hard to put into words. I wouldn't want them messing with it.

Huh, tons of good mangas have anime you know.

Like Eyeshield 21, you mean?
That anime was horrible

Kusagari

Medaka Box Spoilers

So apparently
Medaka's new style seems to be able to create vibrations(?) to keep her heart beating, or something like that

Going off the spoilers it sounds like the vibrations are the only thing keeping her alive and she accepts that she's about to die. Oh boy. I can't wait to see how she gets out of this.

Going off the spoilers it sounds like the vibrations are the only thing keeping her alive and she accepts that she's about to die. Oh boy. I can't wait to see how she gets out of this.

Did you see the rest of it?

If the spoilers are to be believed (and they're from a reliable source IIRC) the vibrations are a part of her Style and regenerate her body, completely undoing all of Iihiko's damage (and making her hair long again). It also seems to trigger a new God Mode within her.

The only problem with it is that apparently people can't physically get too close to her now. Nishio trollin' Zen.

EDIT: Oh, I see what part you're referring to now.
Nishio doubly trolling Zen. XD

Yeah, spoiler tags here are mostly for raws and leaked information. Generally, we should get around the whole "DON'T READ THIS" angle by just putting the manga and chapter in bold above the actual discussion of the content.

Though, if I'm mentioning something that's a pretty big twist, I'll typically tag that if only for the sake of preserving that kind of reveal.

Yeah I think I do the same or even at least when discussing key character deaths or major concluding points, common courtesy at least, unless were like 200+ chapters out from x event.

7 Seeds 74

I changed my mind about Ango pretty quickly. Keep reading.

Also can't believe how much I spoiled with the pictures the last time. Thanks for mentioning it, God's Beard.

Daydream★Nightmare 5
tumblr_mh1up8HxVc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Of the few shoujo's Im reading this continues to be one of the funniest ones, best friend is usually still just too crazy, while Baku is way protective though now has lost Ichi. Hopefully Ichi is safe in that dream realm. Though yotsuno is getting involved too, so this cant be good.

Aeana

Just want to say that I had seen some of these pixeled avatars around GAF before but I didn't realize where they were coming from until I saw Neoriceisgood post in another thread. They look so nice. I felt the need to show some appreciation!

Just want to say that I had seen some of these pixeled avatars around GAF before but I didn't realize where they were coming from until I saw Neoriceisgood post in another thread. They look so nice. I felt the need to show some appreciation!

Why thank you, how kind of you. <3

Psyren vol 8 chp 63 - 71

Seeing Kyle was so awesome. He got such a huge upgrade even though he was already cool before but just even better now as old as Ageha now. Most interested in that huge meteor thing coming to mark the huge rebirthday though, really has to be more to the story to put that huge layer to cover the Earth

Tying into Nemesis Q, who they are must be of immense power to traverse space and time like that.

City of Light

I think this is Asano's most grounded work I've read so far. Thats not to say its not without its share of psychological/spiritual quirks. At its core City of Light is a series of vignettes about a group of people who live in and around an apartment complex called locally the City of Light. Each story focuses on a different resident or group of residents in the City of Light on how their lives are touched upon by the other residents. Sometimes significantly, sometimes insignificantly. The stories range from two girls who thought they had nothing in common finding some kind of companionship in each other to a kid who's job is an "overseer" of people's suicides.

My favorite story definitely had to be Bus Stop. The premise itself is interesting on its own. A young kid in middle school has a "job" helping people commit suicide by giving advice and other means. You'll see and hear about these people committing suicide through his advice throughout the other stories showing this one kids effect on his little community. The part I found even crazier is the "antagonist" in this story, a local thug who attempted to rape kill the friend of the kid, turns out to be the one of the main characters in another story.

As a series of vignettes I loved this and if you're a fan of Asano's other work there is no reason to pass this up.

Dresden

marginal - moto hagio

Started this one on a whim, without realizing that the translation is stalled at vol3 and the group doing it is dead. Feels bad; I liked what I read of it, despite all the pederasty and intimations of rape. Will have to move on to some other Hagio work.

In the year 2999, only eleven cities still survive on Earth. The climate has changed drastically, and a biochemical apocalypse has made women extinct. For centuries, the male population of Earth has survived by depending on only one woman, called the Holy Mother, whose ova are harvested to create genetically engineered children. By now, any concept of a world in which women exist as ordinary people is long gone. Society has re-structured itself around all-male families, and relationships between men and adolescent boys have become the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom