• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Try as I might, I don't remember who is Kaido for One Piece. Judging by the way you act he seems like an important character but for the life of me I can't remember who he is.

*shamed*

Akito

Big Mom, Shank, Whitebeard, and him then? Have we ever seen him depicted in a panel before? Can't seem to remember.

i0mDis3avpOpR.jpg

Mr. Fix

Big Mom, Shank, Whitebeard, and him then? Have we ever seen him depicted in a panel before? Can't seem to remember.

Outdated, and probably not what he looks like anymore:

oDOXfvk.png

At least, I remember Akainu looking different from his original silhouette. There's also a chance he could be the guy in that one color panel shown off last month.

Well Whitebeard got knocked off, it's Blackbeard now.

Charlotte "Big Mom" LinLin, "Red Haired" Shanks, "Blackbeard" Marshall D. Teach, and apparently Kaidou "of Beasts".

The speculation is that he's the upper right hand picture in the color spread for Chapter 693.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Four Emperors are Shanks, Blackbeard, Big Mom and Kaido.
Blackbeard was responsible for Ace's capture, he's already picked a fight with Big Mom, and I imagine the events of this arc will impact Kaido. The only one he doesn't have an issue with is Shanks, and there's no reason to since Shanks seems to be the good guy of the four.

Tizoc

One Piece 695
Nah I think its Akainu, since IIRC he was shown to appear in OP Musou 2.
Good issue if only because Usopp kicked ass.
Also, mind blown: FRANKY IS IN THE ROBOT?!

jbug617

Banned
One Punch Man 1

Since SJ just picked up the series, this is my first time reading it. Well the first chapter is very short but I think the main character is going to be funny throughout the series.

Mr. Fix

I'd like to know as well. Read 695 in SJ and I thought it might have been Aokiji, but now everyone's saying Kaido.

No, the silhouette there is still probably Aokiji. The spoilers (specifically the last page) call back to when Law proposed to take down a Yonkou to Luffy.

They've got to deal with Doflamingo before they deal with Kaidou. Maybe Doflamingo shows up for a chapter and then Aokiji turns up and Doflamingo is like NOPE.

SykoTech

Naruto

Aw yeah. Lee being the one take wipe some of that smuggness of Madara's face. LEE. It won't last, but hell yeah. Was hoping for 8 Gates though.

Isn't the Nine-Tails chakra suppose to heal Naruto? Why was his shoulder his messed up? And Hinata being the one to heal him and not Sakura, lol. Actually, Sakura was a no-show....again. Kishi seems dead set on replacing her lead female role with Hinata this arc.

Sasuke at the end = time for a lecture. Great.

Piecake

Tizoc

^I need to catch up on Unsounded someday, really enjoyed it last time I read it.
We need a Webcomic thread/OT.

No, the silhouette there is still probably Aokiji. The spoilers (specifically the last page) call back to when Law proposed to take down a Yonkou to Luffy.

Ah so it was speculation based on the traditional OP formula?

Korosenai

They've got to deal with Doflamingo before they deal with Kaidou. Maybe Doflamingo shows up for a chapter and then Aokiji turns up and Doflamingo is like NOPE.

No way Doflamingo is scared of Aokiji, but I think you are right about Doflamingo showing up for a chapter or 2 and then something happening where he either backs off or Luffy and crew do.

Pimpwerx

Gantz
I still don't understand why the Americans were fighting the aliens after defeating them. It just seemed so stupid, and now this alien that we hardly saw anything of, is calling out Kei? WTF? Did I miss something? This is making even less sense by the chapter.

One-Punch Man
LOL! He destroyed that snowman. Also, the algae monster got owned. I really like Saitama as a character, but I wonder if the series is gonna go beyond one-shot enemies.

Naruto
The flying swirl of ninja thing was weird. However, I like the strategy of separating Madara and Obito from the Juubi. The big powerup for the shinobi alliance is still bugging me though. I can't believe I'm actually more interested in what Sasuke is doing now. PEACE.

Kusagari

Naruto

Did Rock Lee basically just blitz and kill Madara?

And these pointless Sasuke appearances are getting lame. Get on with it.

Bleach

Meh. Just a setup chapter. Let's see what Unohana's sin was.

No way Doflamingo is scared of Aokiji, but I think you are right about Doflamingo showing up for a chapter or 2 and then something happening where he either backs off or Luffy and crew do.
Even Blackbeard with his whole crew wanted none of Akainu, and Aokiji is about equal in strength. The Admirals are simply a cut above any of the Shichibukai thus far, if Doflamingo is different then that makes him the strongest Shichibukai by a large margin.

Akito

Bleach
So Kenpachi is a Saiyajin? Decent chapter even though it's only a setup one, probably because Ichigo got no scene.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Oh yeah, Zaraki is getting his ass kicked all over the place. It=s like like i expected him to put up a fight until he learns his lesson.

Naruto

Finally, Lee is featured, and Hinata is a better medical ninja than Sakura, hahahhahahaha.

One of us, one of us.

Not again

Mr. Fix

Bleach

Oh yeah, Zaraki is getting his ass kicked all over the place. It=s like like i expected him to put up a fight until he learns his lesson.

Okay, yeah. I'm starting to see why you dislike the guy. Though the implications seem to suggest that one of them is still actually going to die. Which would be horseshit if it turned out otherwise.

Bossun

Bleach

Meh, I guess transitional chapter, hope next week is better.

Naruto

Meanwhile, Sakura......
And is kishi idea of a big badass ennemy is having him standing and doing nothing? Because that's all Madara and Obito have been doing for centuries.
And oh come on, make Sasuke choke on a bone and die already...

Okay, yeah. I'm starting to see why you dislike the guy. Though the implications seem to suggest that one of them is still actually going to die. Which would be horseshit if it turned out otherwise.

Nah , even if neither one die should not be a problem .
Happens all the time in manga .

789shadow

Banned
Bleach

Laaaaaaaaammmmeeeeeeee.

Naruto

I am actually more interested in what the fucking Sauce is doing than the big battle with the Big Bads. That is not a good thing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

So Rock Lee rocks Madara and Hinata fixes Naruto's shoulder so he can not suck (and invalidates Sakura's entire existence as a white mage). Also the Sause sucks.

Bleach

Well, that's a fight.

Not again
It became the default setting and i don´t know how to fix it, so everytime i press leftalt+shift to fix it. It´s annoying me.

I dislike any one dimensional character unless they are very very funny. Until Kenpachi develops as a character, i won´t like him or consider him a good character. After reading badkarma translations i still don´t think that Unohana will literary dies. More like the old Yachiru will die, or her Kenpachi title will die.

Bleach
So Kenpachi is a Saiyajin? Decent chapter even though it's only a setup one, probably because Ichigo got no scene.

That´s confirmed in the beginning of the manga when Urahara trained Ichigo. Ichigo trained with Ururu, and Urahara said when a soul is in danger of extinction it becomes more powerful, much like adrenaline (well i compare it to adrenaline).

Pimpwerx

Bleach
Terrible translation at the end. Was Unohana saying that Kenpachi gets stronger everytime he dies? Also, that she killed him in the past? Is that what that garbled mess on the last page of the pandascan said? PEACE.

Piecake

^I need to catch up on Unsounded someday, really enjoyed it last time I read it.
We need a Webcomic thread/OT.

The only real issue with these webcomics is the slow release schedule. Pretty crazy when the Tower of God and Magician creators pump out 30-40 pages of webcomics a week while these guys only manage a couple. Course, the creators of everblue and unsounded are probably doing this in their free time for fun, and its probably the Korean webcomic creator's job

The Meek is also excellent. I wont post a link because its slightly NSFW, but the art and characters are really fantastic. He hasnt put up anything new in a couple of months though, which is worrisome :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom