• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto
I love how all these legendary ninjas are getting their asses kicked.
If it was Oro there he would've turned into a snake like 20 times by now and gotten away all while killing more than just Neji
. The fights obviously nowhere near done as Madara and Obito still haven't really done anything but stand there and take it but the whole ninja alliance fight has been a let down.
Hinata fixes Naruto's shoulder so he can not suck (and invalidates Sakura's entire existence as a white mage)

Yeah I kind of felt bad for Sakura there because shes been pretty useless so far, but It was Hinata that fixed it so that's a plus.

Bleach
So kenpachi can't die because of something Unohana did? Kind of takes the suspense out of the fight but whatever. Will wait for better translation.

Tizoc

The only real issue with these webcomics is the slow release schedule. Pretty crazy when the Tower of God and Magician creators pump out 30-40 pages of webcomics a week while these guys only manage a couple. Course, the creators of everblue and unsounded are probably doing this in their free time for fun, and its probably the Korean webcomic creator's job

The Meek is also excellent. I wont post a link because its slightly NSFW, but the art and characters are really fantastic. He hasnt put up anything new in a couple of months though, which is worrisome :(

Yeah it does suck when there's not a new chapter/page after some time.
One other reason I'd like for there to be a Webcomic OT is so that I can keep track of what Webcomics I've read, as I tend to forget the names of some of them lol.

Azure J

Bleach 524

OK, more setup and fighting. Unohana seems to have regained a bit more composure than her ranging bnshee mode in the last chapter. Or maybe that was a stylistic choice by Kubo to show how unhinged she was. Either way, fun stuff. Now, here's hoping her flashback is more Turn Back The Pendulum than anything else.

Akame Ga Kill 33

....wow. :'(

That was ultra violent.

Magi 170

Holy shit, it's a mobile suit! :lol

One Piece Spoilers

WHY ISN'T THIS OUT YET?

Naruto 617

Go Lee! Been awhile since he's done anything, so it was nice to see him be the one to hit Madara. Hinata being the one fix Naruto's shoulder was sweet, definitely like her more than Sakura.

Sasuke's appearance would have been much better if Kishi showed him standing infront of the Uchiha village, since we all know he's there.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Gantz
I still don't understand why the Americans were fighting the aliens after defeating them. It just seemed so stupid, and now this alien that we hardly saw anything of, is calling out Kei? WTF? Did I miss something? This is making even less sense by the chapter.

Does no one remember that this dude is their best general? The brother of the first one that Kurono killed when they first landed. That's why this guy has been after Kurono the entire time.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It seems that Prunus Girl will be ending soon, in late March.

It's been a bit stagnant recently so I can't say I'm too sad about this even though I enjoy the series. There just isn't really much else to do except have them hook up at this point.

Korosenai

I really hope we get Doflamingo and Kaido as the new baddies in one arc. Would be epic.

The Heart Pirates and Strawhats vs Doflamingo and one of the four emperors. I want to see more Bepo.

Mr. Fix

I really hope we get Doflamingo and Kaido as the new baddies in one arc. Would be epic.

The Heart Pirates and Strawhats vs Doflamingo and one of the four emperors. I want to see more Bepo.

This could work out. I still find it odd seeing Luffy actually beating someone like Doflamingo. I'd rather Law be the one to take him down. Also with a new arc soon, Law will probably leave. :I

The other Heart Pirates better have a good reason for sitting this whole arc out.

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 vol 16-18

Game against Seibu was epic, as expected. I was actually surprised when Seibu won, and I really hope we get to see extended action from the Seibu vs Ojo final match, but i'm not holding my breath.

The main theme of these volumes was growth in Sena- from beating Riku at the end of the game, to finally taking off his mask and revealing his identity to Mamouri and the rest of the world. It was pretty cool when he came out of the entrance tunnel without a helmet durring the player introductions, and the new white uniforms didn't hurt the overall look either. It's going to be real interesting to see how this changes his life once we are done with the game against the Spiders, which has been an excellent game so far.

For the life of me, I can't remember why I dropped this- its so freaking amazing.

Korosenai

This could work out. I still find it odd seeing Luffy actually beating someone like Doflamingo. I'd rather Law be the one to take him down. Also with a new arc soon, Law will probably leave. :I
Law easily took down Vergo and wasn't that Doflamingo's right hand man? It only makes sense for Law to finish the job while Luffy takes on Kaido.

The other Heart Pirates better have a good reason for sitting this whole arc out.
I really hope we see Bepo soon, such an awesome character.

Pimpwerx

Does no one remember that this dude is their best general? The brother of the first one that Kurono killed when they first landed. That's why this guy has been after Kurono the entire time.

I know we saw him before, but I didn't remember Kei killed him. It's been over a year since that happened, hasn't it? I don't remember half the stuff that happened in the invasion because most of it was complete and utter nonsense. I don't even remember the brother doing much of anything really. PEACE.

Khezu

Naruto

This battle really needs to end, it has gone on forever. I don't care what Sasuke is doing, what ever it is, it is going to be the biggest ass pull in the entire history of Naruto, just to make him competitive.

Naruto also proved my theory that he is basically a Green Lantern at this point, he transformed his chakra shroud into a giant bird to fly. If only he was more creative, he could do some awesome stuff with his chakra.

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 vol 19

This is the first time I can remember that Viz included an entire chapter in color in one of it's releases. I'm glad they did color, because it was a chapter that showed off many visual changes in characters- Banba's Scars, Mamouri, Mushashi and Riku having new haircuts, ect. The way the bracket laid out is probably going to lead to a rematch with Seibu and the confrontation between Shin and Sena when they face Ojo.

It was also fun to see all the celebrating, and to see how everyone at the school now wants Sena on their team. The downside of being famous, I guess.

Tizoc

JoJo Part 6, Vol. 11
lol I thought Miu Miu was a man, goddamnit Araki. Her Stand is friggin' broken tho, I would never want to get affected by it XO.

Bleach

Kenpachi getting pwned! Wonder if one of them will "die" for real or something interrupts.

Naruto

Boring.....

One Piece

Not here yet

Kurogane is apparently ending in this issue. Makes me sad it didn't reach 100 chapters. It was pretty close too.

Articalys

Here we are, finally an authoritative source... the results of the first official Weekly Shonen Jump popularity poll for Nisekoi, with just under 18,000 total votes:

*1. - Onodera Kosaki (4893)
*2. - Kirisaki Chitoge (4338)
*3. - Tsugumi Seishirou (2892)
*4. - Tachibana Marika (2694)
*5. - Miyamoto Ruri (971)
*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda

Here we are, finally an authoritative source... the results of the first official Weekly Shonen Jump popularity poll for Nisekoi, with just under 18,000 total votes:

*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda

I might go on a sabbatical if they make an Onodera ending.

bigkrev

*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda

Glad to see Raku (relatively) low. Fuck him.

Eyeshield 21 vol 20
Savage beatdown. Can't wait to see how they use Baldy!

Articalys

Also, apparently over half of Marika's votes all came from the same guy (the voting system was set up as a pay-per-vote sort of thing, at 50 yen per vote).

Dresden

Also, apparently over half of Marika's votes all came from the same guy (the voting system was set up as a pay-per-vote sort of thing, at 50 yen per vote).

b4R30IJ.png

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 8-15

Holy shit, they did the impossible and made the Index clone an actual likeable character. :bow :bow

*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda
Not even an Onodera end could save this.

MANGA CULTURE

It seems that Prunus Girl will be ending soon, in late March.
Goddamn. I guess this removes any doubt as to whether that last released chapter was building up to something.

*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda
This, on the other hand, cheered me up again. Onodera at first made me laugh so loudly I woke up the neighbourhood.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Goddamn. I guess this removes any doubt as to whether that last released chapter was building up to something.

This, on the other hand, cheered me up again. Onodera at first made me laugh so loudly I woke up the neighbourhood.

I find it baffling people would give that stock character the most votes since I think the Perfect Japanese Flower (TV Tropes and other sources have always called this character type "Yamato Nadeshiko" but that's a meaningless gibberish term for English speakers) stock character is even worse than the Tsundere stock character.

One Piece
After arc party with some info .
panda translation mess up like usual they got line about shanks wrong as hell .
Time for bed will reread the chapters when i get back up .

MCD

One Piece

I hardly understood what was written here but it was just a concluding chapter so whatever.

Bad translations aside OP was great this week along with Bleach although less action made this OP chapter kinda slow.

After dealing with the imo shitty Fisherman Island arc, the current arc is a breath of fresh air.

rouken

One Piece

Fun chapter like all arc ending chapters are. :)

but i think they'll go to Wano Country first or focus on Kinemon and Momosuke's story as this chapter is seemingly indicating. and maybe after that go to kaidou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom