• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

What's Prunus Girl about?

To summarize using a page from Needless.

zQWnm.jpg

GG-Duo

Bleach

I'd like to point out that getting-killed-makes-you-stronger trope wasn't explicitly in Dragonball... But it was in Shaman King. And it made the manga fucking awful and probably contributed to its cancellation.

Naruto

Even the Kyuubi was annoyed that it took so long to give everyone a power-up. More Lee was nice.

Is it bad that I completely forgot how Orochimaru came back?

Cajun

Neo Member
One Piece

So unless the translation was just terribly wrong (which it was for a lot of the chapter), I guess Kaidou's title near the end of the chapter kind of confirms he's the leader of the smile army. Unless that 100 beasts thing means something completely different.

Typical arc-ending chapter in OP. Good as always.

remz

Bleach

I'd like to point out that getting-killed-makes-you-stronger trope wasn't explicitly in Dragonball... But it was in Shaman King. And it made the manga fucking awful and probably contributed to its cancellation.

I didn't really get this part of Bleach

Does dying to Kenpachi the first literally make you stronger, like is that her power? or was it more a metaphorical what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger type thing

TokiDoki

One Piece

Ahaha "What about the line of Justice and Evil" , "Cease fire"

Lol , nice concluding chapter .

Bleach

As usual , Kubo is going downhill with drawing fights

Naruto

More talks , and Sauce ? Yawn .....

Bleach

Last week I complained about the lack of VC Yachiru and now she got a panel. I knew Kubo reads GAF.

But the chapter was BS. The translation felt completely messed up and Kenpachi cried because he was about to die? What? The art sucked too.

Naruto

Rock Lee did something?

omgwtf.gif

Bleach

Good but quick fight chapter was over before I realized it had really started

One Piece

I'm going to wait to read it in actual English as opposed to fake English, but I did enjoy the chapter from what I could decipher

Zeppu

One Piece

I really did have a bit of difficulty understanding what was going on. It felt like some pages were missing or something. I'll re-read and leave comments after MangaStream's release, I guess.

Here we are, finally an authoritative source... the results of the first official Weekly Shonen Jump popularity poll for Nisekoi, with just under 18,000 total votes:

*1. - Onodera Kosaki (4893)
*2. - Kirisaki Chitoge (4338)
*3. - Tsugumi Seishirou (2892)
*4. - Tachibana Marika (2694)
*5. - Miyamoto Ruri (971)
*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda
At least that means Im not the only Raku fan. Shuu has fans too.

Kreed

One Piece 696

So unless the translation was just terribly wrong (which it was for a lot of the chapter
), I guess Kaidou's title near the end of the chapter kind of confirms he's the leader of the smile army. Unless that 100 beasts thing means something completely different.

Typical arc-ending chapter in OP. Good as always.

The Mangapanda translations are always wrong/have something wrong with them. Just pretend those scanlations are spoiler leaks and read another translation from another group later in the day if possible (Mangastream/etc...).

GManDH

One Piece
so before he goes after the government Luffy is going after yonkou? maybe he wants to throw the world off balance and then attack the government??? anyway, HUGE potential with future arcs.

Naruto
as always everyone comes together and a huge attack which madara will dodge and then naruto hits him later or something like that. For the first time in a while im interested in sasuke.

Bleach
Possibly the most interesting one out of all 3. def the one i want to read next week the most. I hope one of them doesnt die, but if they do, oooo well.

TokiDoki

blood splatter is still on face

what i believe happened
  1. she stabbed him
  2. he went unconscious
  3. she healed him and gave him his sword back

Seems to be the case . I've completely forgotten that she is also a healer . So , Kenpaichi is like a Saiyan Frankenstein ?

Seems to be the case . I've completely forgotten that she is also a healer . So , Kenpaichi is like a Saiyan Frankenstein ?
Well, she says it's a limit kenpachi imposed on himself so it's more like he releases more of the power he already had. He just subconsciously chooses not to use all his power.

Akito

@Nisekoi Popularity Ranking
Japan has shitty taste, what else is new

One Piece
I tend to like the parties after every arc but the reveal at the end obviously stole the show. It might be a good thing that the straw hats won't come after Shanks first.
Would be hilarious to see if DoFlammingo the party crasher appears next time.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece
Interesting, so we finally will see Kaidou.

Bleach
Ok of course the translation is bad, but I didn't understand the end at all.

I hope Unohana doesn't die, right now I think she is cooler than Zaraki

[Bleach]
So that 'Aura' Unohana gave off some years ago is more of a killing intent than anything.. Interesting character development, unless Kubo planned this the entire time

She, like Aizen and Kenpachi in the past, is able to give off so much killing intent that her opponent actually feels despair about things that have not actually come to fruition yet, like Kenpachi 'dying'.

Milamber

Mahou Moto Shoujo Meruhen (Marchen) Kururu

A kinda short cute one shot of a magical girl, with a twist! Aww, after Mahoraba, Kojima Akira has written another story that tugs at my heart. I'm gonna reread Mahoraba again.

Kusagari

Here we are, finally an authoritative source... the results of the first official Weekly Shonen Jump popularity poll for Nisekoi, with just under 18,000 total votes:

*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda

I find it hilarious that the best friend butt monkey almost beat Raku.

Ani Love (one shot)
tumblr_mh2yd2ZLiV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Great in concept but just turned out really dull. Guess it highlights the reason why I usually avoid gender bender genre, scenes did not much of nothing, well the kiss perhaps, but the whole thing felt lifeless, maybe if brother looked a bit more like a brother. If only there were more bro love stories.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Did they translate this to English, then to French, then to Korean, then back to Japanese, then to English again? This is somehow worse than usual.
Will comment for real once a better translation arrives.

Naruto
tumblr_mh301xzw4B1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The attacks were kind of pointless on Madara unless it had boosted someones sealing ability, still going to hold on to my prediction that he will only lose at the hand of both Sasuke and Naruto, no matter what powerups everyone else receives in the meantime. Obito's fight would best be concluded by either at the hand of Naruto or maybe even Kakashi-sensei. Hinata was kicked out the plot immediately which is pretty good to make up for the scenes of the past two chapter and the best panels were when Naruto spoke of kizuna and immediately a panel of the one who shares it strongest with him, Sasuke, was shown. Really thought it was, as Obito said in the chapter, poetic and kind of sentimental

Why are we still, hundreds of chapters later still referring to the Neji and being caged thing, never forget.

Akito

One Piece

Did they translate this to English, then to French, then to Korean, then back to Japanese, then to English again? This is somehow worse than usual.
Will comment for real once a better translation arrives.
Yeah, it was awful, they got the most important sentence wrong:

Luffy says as long as the first one to go after isn't Shanks, he's ok with it.

Suddenly, things make much more sense.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
All big 3 chapters were kinda meh this week. Don't really feel like giving my thoughts.
Toriko should be good though, plus it looks like it's getting a movie.

Defuser

*6. - Ichijou Raku (660)
*7. - Maigo Shuu (506)
*8. - Claud (253)
*9. - Kyoko-chan (147)
10. - Komi Naoshi (70)
11. - Onodera's Mom
12. - Ryuu
13. - Adacchan
14. - Susuya Tooru
15. - Honda
Japan has good taste. Team Onedera forever!

Anteater

One Piece

Hope shit really gets real going forward, there needs to be a real challenge for the Straw Hats first leading up to confronting the emperors, I guess Doflamingo might be the guy. None of these fighting losers carelessly crap and putting a handicap on them.

Also I guess, Law will help put things in order a bit and move things forward quicker since the strawhats are reckless and random as fuck.

Can't wait to see Kaidou. I guess he might just be another big dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom