• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bleach]
So that 'Aura' Unohana gave off some years ago is more of a killing intent than anything.. Interesting character development, unless Kubo planned this the entire time

She, like Aizen and Kenpachi in the past, is able to give off so much killing intent that her opponent actually feels despair about things that have not actually come to fruition yet, like Kenpachi 'dying'.

Of course it was planned. Why else would almost everyone int he Gotei 13 be afraid of her throughout the manga?

Jintor

Bleach

I have to admit I'm not really following the main storyline at all at this point. But I have to know what's up with Healer captain and Kenpachi.

Why they fightin' now?

Deadly

Bleach

I have to admit I'm not really following the main storyline at all at this point. But I have to know what's up with Healer captain and Kenpachi.

Why they fightin' now?
I think it's her training or something? In order to protect Soul Society in case they were invaded again.

[Bleach]
So that 'Aura' Unohana gave off some years ago is more of a killing intent than anything.. Interesting character development, unless Kubo planned this the entire time

She, like Aizen and Kenpachi in the past, is able to give off so much killing intent that her opponent actually feels despair about things that have not actually come to fruition yet, like Kenpachi 'dying'.

RyYdqVz.jpg

JdFMi83.jpg

He knew.

Bleach 524

Loved the fact that Kubo is actually staying with Kenpachi and Unohana. The fight itself was fine, but I'm hoping it was just a set up for a bigger brawl.

Excited about the flashback. I think Bleach is the only one of the 3 were I've actually enjoyed reading them.

Will read One Piece when there's a better translation out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece (non-Pandaman translation)

So Luffy does plan to take out all four Emperors. Interesting.
Definitely an arc wrap-up... until Doflamigno and the shadowy figure arrive at least.

Mr. Fix

One Piece

A feel good chapter, and funnier than usual. It's nice to see that Luffy intends on taking them all down though. The party should have its repercussions soon, 'cuz this is the new world and all. What better way to show that, than with Doflamingo's arrival. Also fucking Kaido.

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 50-60

Wow... this is racist as hell.

The stuff with Panther i'm guessing? Yeah, that seemed really out of place.

Eyeshield 21 vol 21-23
Hell of an end to the game against the Nagas. This probably was hell to read when it was coming out weekly- a single game taking up 4 volumes seems a bit excessive. With the Ojo game up now, can't wait to see if Sena can beat Shin.

Zeppu

Imagine you are describing to a friend what you have a finite number of tasks to do. You would hold up the number of digits in your hand corresponding to the number of tasks, and then close down the fingers as a way to tick them off while describing them.

There are 4 yonkou. Four fingers. First, we tackle Kaidou. One finger down. Three left.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
was it stated that blackbeard is the 4th yonkou or are we just assuming. it makes to say 3 since we dont know the fourth one yet, right?

Yonkou isn't an official title given by anybody. It's just who the people in general consider as the four emperors. Blackbeard has already been confirmed to be considered a Yonkou.

I still don't get why. I mean, there's a racist character yeah, he's an asshole, nobody likes him. So huh...

There was a lot sprinkled in throughout the series. The part where they were gearing up to face the American college team had a lot too. All the americans saying "Jap/Japs" for just about everything, then there was how they depicted black americans(huge lips, pretty sure there was some weird dumb or monkey joke with bananas or something I can't recall) reading about the match up and stuff. It was all just very unconfortable...

scy

@Eyeshield21 and "racism" - Man, there's some later stuff that'll either have you laughing at it hilariously or facepalming and walking away. Not sure yet!

The stuff with Panther i'm guessing? Yeah, that seemed really out of place.

Eyeshield 21 vol 21-23
Hell of an end to the game against the Nagas. This probably was hell to read when it was coming out weekly- a single game taking up 4 volumes seems a bit excessive. With the Ojo game up now, can't wait to see if Sena can beat Shin.

I've done well to forget some of the between chapter suffering.

scy

Kurogane 65 - huh what ONE CHAPTER for this fight? Man. I guess the end of days was known well ahead of time!

Kurogane 66 - Wow, it's speeding into this fight conclusion too. How many chapters do I even have left? Like, how behind are these scans? Sheesh. Early fights lasted like 10+ chapters, now this whole "old sword vs new sword" setup may only last two total chapters?

Not sure how feel.

Stinky

Glad that Food Smut is popular, I like it so far. The food drawings are soo glorious.

Naruto

Puttin da heat on Madara and Obito. Rest of the chapter was kind of lame, hopefully this arc wraps up and whatever Sasuke is doing drives the plot forward

Bleach

Not loving Unohana's reversal, not sure why. Read the not-shitty version but I was still confused about the slash at the end.

One Piece

Really liked this chapter: obligatory end of arc party, G-5 marines and that end. Taking down all Emperors? Interesting to see what happens when Luffy 'gets to' Shanks. And I wonder if him or Blackbeard will be last. Maybe one of them wont be an Emperor anymore at that point?

Korosenai

Imagine you are describing to a friend what you have a finite number of tasks to do. You would hold up the number of digits in your hand corresponding to the number of tasks, and then close down the fingers as a way to tick them off while describing them.

There are 4 yonkou. Four fingers. First, we tackle Kaidou. One finger down. Three left.
Or maybe he doesn't want to fight Shanks? Just the other 3.

One Piece

Luffy Don't give a shit LOL

seriously though hopefully the ship appears before since Domflamingo and that other person should be appearing soon. I wonder what happened with Kinemon/Momo that resulted in that vow they apparently did, maybe as the crew gets closer to Wano we might know?

Kaido was the actually the person afterall and could explain why Kid was trying to create an alliance with the other supernovas since he has a fueding history with Kaido iirc.

And yea it looks like Luffy was counting down before he uttered those words. LOL

Or maybe he doesn't want to fight Shanks? Just the other 3.

He seemed somewhat disappointed when Law's target wasn't Shanks and he stated he will wipe out all four so Shanks is definitely in (maybe the last?)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The idea that Unohana was secretly hiding her powers is kind of dumb, though. Why do they let themselves go through all these huge threats without anyone revealing their powers?

scy

Kenichi 506 - Looks like the first fight is about to end. Hooray?

Naruto 617 - Kyuubi is awfully chatty.

Bleach 524 - Kill him, revive him, kill him, revive him, etc.

One Piece 696 - Man, Nami scenes about female marines. Man. Maaaaan.

Hope things ramp up with Kaidou and Doflamingo now.

The idea that Unohana was secretly hiding her powers is kind of dumb, though. Why do they let themselves go through all these huge threats without anyone revealing their powers?

It is a little weird. Like, I really want a better reason than, "She's kind of a berserker." At a certain point, just let her rage alone or something. It's a pretty popular trope though so I suppose I really should just accept it.

"Should."

Didn't she say it was Old man Yama's request that she not join the fight when the one kid asked her to fight during the quincy attack? It was most likely him holding her back and now that he is gone there is nothing stopping her?

Figure this one is chocked up to something along those lines.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

I imagine it has something to do with why she randomly became a healer in the first place.

Moosichu

Bleach
I'm intrigued but nothing was revealed yet.

Naruto
More of the same, Naruto will win eventually.

One Piece
I love the fact that the okama cooking skills Sanji acquired are finally useful!
Party!
Luffy is going after Kaido? I'm actually wondering how the end-game of the series will be handled.
Will Luffy fight Shanks? Akainu? or Blackbeard?

Furthermore, I'm wondering weather Kaido has actually kidnapped Law's crew which is why they aren't there. And any fucker who messes with Bepo the Bear deserves to be mullerd by Luffy.

Also Monomosuke can now transform like a normal Zoan now?

She was not hiding her power. She was just not using it. Everyone knows about her power. That´s why most of them were so scared of her to begin with. Besides Yamamoto had her on a short leash.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

And then the party destroyed Fishman Island. The end.

Anyway, there was no way Luffy was getting the One Piece without going through each of the Four Emperors, including Shanks, so might as well get it out of the way right now.

One Piece 696

Of course they have to party, Law!

Seriously love Luffy's bravado at saying he'll take down all 4 of them.

Hope next chapter Law finally reveals his plan to take down Kaido

Reknoc

One Piece

They should have like, real parties during an arc end party chapter. Maybe at that Manga Meat restaurant or something

Bleach

Next chapter Kenpachi accidentally sees the full moon and turns into a giant monkey!

Moosichu

One Piece

Out of interest, am I the only one who's kinda looking forward to Yassop meating Ussop more than Luffy re-meeting Shanks. I also think Zoro's going to be the one who fights Shanks or at least spar with him as they are both sword users.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She was not hiding her power. She was just not using it. Everyone knows about her power. That´s why most of them were so scared of her to begin with. Besides Yamamoto had her on a short leash.

If they were legitimately having her do something else okay (which I could have forgotten occurring), but her just not using it for no apparent reason sort of defies logic.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

Out of interest, am I the only one who's kinda looking forward to Yassop meating Ussop more than Luffy re-meeting Shanks. I also think Zoro's going to be the one who fights Shanks or at least spar with him as they are both sword users.
If Zoro fights with a member of Shanks' crew it'll be Ben Beckman.

Akito

One Piece

No way anyone beside Luffy will get to fight Shanks (if there is a fight that is), Zoro will likely get Benn Beckman given him being Shanks first mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom