• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

One Piece

Out of interest, am I the only one who's kinda looking forward to Yassop meating Ussop more than Luffy re-meeting Shanks. I also think Zoro's going to be the one who fights Shanks or at least spar with him as they are both sword users.

I find it a bit obscure. Despite Luffy's speed, Shank's haki should be able to see all that shit coming. He could still technically beat him by surpassing him. Say, if Blackbeard kicks Shanks' ass or even kills him, and Luffy takes out BB.

Hope next chapter Law finally reveals his plan to take down Kaido

a) Info dump
b) Doflamingo
c) Aokiji?
d) Kaido introduction scene
e) Kid's alliance

I'll be seriously disappointed if every chapter following this doesn't at least have one of these.

789shadow

Banned
I find it a bit obscure. Despite Luffy's speed, Shank's haki should be able to see all that shit coming. He could still technically beat him by surpassing him. Say, if Blackbeard kicks Shanks' ass or even kills him, and Luffy takes out BB.
I think Blackbeard kills Shanks either right after or before Luffy is able to meet him again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

Out of interest, am I the only one who's kinda looking forward to Yassop meating Ussop more than Luffy re-meeting Shanks. I also think Zoro's going to be the one who fights Shanks or at least spar with him as they are both sword users.

No, that is definitely something to look forward to.

Moosichu

I think Blackbeard kills Shanks either right after or before Luffy is able to meet him again.

If Luffy doesn't meet Shanks I will rage. In fact I would probably break down as Shanks is just a character I want to see more of anyway. I love how he sidesteps all the tropes associated with Manga (he doesn't care about pride and shizzle and actually does what makes sense.)

Then again, I can't imagine bow someone who's read One Piece since 1997 must feel. Over 15 years later since Romance Dawn and Shanks has still only been teased once. He even held the hat! (I'm actually interested in how the hat ended-up going from Gol D. Roger to Shanks.)

Mr. Fix

Will Luffy fight Shanks? Akainu? or Blackbeard?

Furthermore, I'm wondering weather Kaido has actually kidnapped Law's crew which is why they aren't there. And any fucker who messes with Bepo the Bear deserves to be mullerd by Luffy.

Also Monomosuke can now transform like a normal Zoan now?

I'd rather have it all happen in the final war. It'd be too awkward to have a pause in between. I could see the War happening before the fight with BB though.

And it looks likely that Momo could.

upandaway

One Piece

Really curious about Momo and Kinemon. It looks like they'll stay with the SHs Vivi-style, which is pretty awesome. They might have a flashback.

Luffy and Law are so great together, it's crazy. "Strawhat, we need to stay on the move, relay this to your crew" "Really? Okay, I got it!!" (Luffy with a hilariously serious face for what followed) :lol
And of course that final part!

Can't wait for Doflamingo to crash the party and start some stuff. If this arc really involves Doflamingo, Big Mom and Kaidou, I will freak out so much.
It was pretty obvious beforehand but it's also sorta confirmed that the target emperor (Kaidou as it turned out) is the one with the Smile army, because of his relation to Ceasar and Law's relation to Joker and Ceasar's relation to Joker. It's one giant circle that Luffy just sorta dropped into, and hopefully brings Big Mom into.

One Piece

I don't think we'll see any serious fights with Shanks' crew. Quick clashes sure, but as far as beating Shanks goes, I think Blackbeard is much more likely to do that.

Then again, I can't imagine bow someone who's read One Piece since 1997 must feel. Over 15 years later since Romance Dawn and Shanks has still only been teased once. He even held the hat! (I'm actually interested in how the hat ended-up going from Gol D. Roger to Shanks.)
Shanks was seen 3 times since Romance Dawn. WB's first appearance, metting with WB, and stopping the war.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Shanks was seen 3 times since Romance Dawn. WB's first appearance, metting with WB, and stopping the war.

Don't forget after Luffy's first bounty where Mihawk showed him the poster, and Ace's flashback where he met Shanks.
The only times we've seen his real power is meeting Whitebeard and knocking out a lot of his crew with Haki and ending the war by blocking Sakazuki's magma fist.

Does everyone in the Gotei 13 know about her past or just the old generation?

I guess it´s everyone. Remember how the scrubs in the 11th were terrified from her, when she gave them her infamous look? Everyone know about that. I guess they studied it as a part of the history of the gotei 13 at the academy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
What's with Oda suddenly remembering all the strawhats personal traits and histories? Now all we need is for Nami to start actually drawing a map.

Bleach
Even if either of them don't die, sending them in there with the intent that one will perish is still a stupid military strategy. Not that stupid strategic decisions is new for Soul Society.

And was it implied that Kenpachi has a DBZ-esque ability to grow stronger in death and that he can't die for realz?

Naruto
Hinata continues being useful and Sakura continues being MIA. Which probably means the author forgot her or that she's doing something really really stupid right now (please don't involve sasuke).

upandaway

We've been seeing Shanks more as the series went on, I guess. And now in the New World there's no doubt it will still keep the trend.

Sakura was always useless.
sakura_v_4_tails___by_tristtrist-d5nayxs.gif

Bossun

Naruto

Dose Sakura even still exists? Or was she killed off panel?

Don't worry about her.

Final chapter :

Sakura : Sasuke, please stahp, I've always loved you, since forever, even when you betrayed the village, even when you tried to kill me, even when you acted like a little fucking kid.
Sasuke : No, I don't deserve you after what I've done...
Sakura : stop doing that to yourself, I forgive you, please come back.

Meanwhile, Naruto is a bit sad but it's okay, he has Hinata.

Akito

Hey Manga GAF, I came across a picture of someone wearing a cool shirt that seems to have a picture of a woman character that reminded me of the art style of Naoko Takeuchi.

Now i'm not too knowledgable of many manga series, (in fact i've only read a couple of "mainstream" series) but I was wondering if you guys could figure out who's the character on the shirt and where she came from? It looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it...and thats the only picture I could find of the shirt.

Thanks!

2mwlJbW.png
That's Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road, although it's an illustration from Akemi Takada, the character designer of the anime, not the mangaka himself. The manga looks way worse than that.

The original illustration if you're interested

Isn't that non-nonsensical? They're all pretty much immortal.

Yea but it still has that age thing going where you have the older ones like Eyepatch and Sickguy and youngins like Icetard/Renji/Rukia.

Its like leaving the young ones to get stronger and not take up their time. It gets ridiculous when everything is fucked and they still stubbornly don't do anything.

And LOL @ this psuedo "waifu war" going on in this thread with Naruto

Fox318

Don't worry about her.

Final chapter :

Sakura : Sasuke, please stahp, I've always loved you, since forever, even when you betrayed the village, even when you tried to kill me, even when you acted like a little fucking kid.
Sasuke : No, I don't deserve you after what I've done...
Sakura : stop doing that to yourself, I forgive you, please come back.

Meanwhile, Naruto is a bit sad but it's okay, he has Hinata.

lbiPqZ3.jpg

That's Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road, although it's an illustration from Akemi Takada, the character designer of the anime, not the mangaka himself. The manga looks way worse than that.

The original illustration if you're interested

Ah thanks! Know where I could find this shirt or anything like it? lol

Sakura was always useless.

Best thing she could ever do is go sit an a corner.

I the thing that irritates me is that there is absolutely no reason for Sakura to be as useless as she is. She was given all the assists to be the most powerful female ninja in the series. Incredible chakra control, she a genius with medical ninjustu, smart and she has a knack for genjustu.

Then she was just completely dropped by the writer.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Wait, people actually like Sakura?
Always came off as a shallow bitch to me. I mean, she still "loves" Sauce cuz he's so kawaii and sugoi and shit, despite him trying to kill her, her friends, and her village. Plus she doesn't do anything useful, ever.

GManDH

Sakura shouldve died not neji or other useful ppl. it would be perfect for her to have died at the hands of sasuke and then naruto seeks revenge.

Wait, people actually like Sakura?
Always came off as a shallow bitch to me. I mean, she still "loves" Sauce cuz he's so kawaii and sugoi and shit, despite him trying to kill her, her friends, and her village. Plus she doesn't do anything useful, ever.

Sakura was no more shallow then Naruto or Sasuke. People were just hoping she was given some character development as one of the three main characters. But instead she's been relegated to secondary non entity

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Sakura was no more shallow then Naruto or Sasuke. People were just hoping she was given some character development as one of the three main characters. But instead she's been relegated to secondary non entity

I meant shallow as in "only cares about looks", and that she "loves" someone who barely given her a smile, never talks to her, as well as tried to fucking murder her. lol, she's a god awful character, and one of the worst female protagonists I've read. I'm not a big Hinata fan either, but at least she thinks with something other than her sexual urges, and actually has valid reasons for falling in love with Nardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom