• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Not much point if the binnable filler gets that treatment, and the actual canon gets this:

os8qz4.gif

Ralph Bakshi tribute

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
The animation in the Pain vs Naruto fight was actually really good. There were hardly any static movements, and everything flowed well. Sure, if you pick it frame by frame, the art looks weird, but that's what was needed to get the effect they were going for. You aren't supposed to judge every frame as a work of art in animation, but rather the whole thing, and how well it flows.

Mr. Fix

The animation in the Pain vs Naruto fight was actually really good. There were hardly any static movements, and everything flowed well. Sure, if you pick it frame by frame, the art looks weird, but that's what was needed to get the effect they were going for. You aren't supposed to judge every frame as a work of art in animation, but rather the whole thing, and how well it flows.

I thought it was terrible, but I agree that the fluidity was nice. The war arc animated right now is disgustingly stiff.

Wait, people actually like Sakura?
Always came off as a shallow bitch to me. I mean, she still "loves" Sauce cuz he's so kawaii and sugoi and shit, despite him trying to kill her, her friends, and her village. Plus she doesn't do anything useful, ever.

I liked her at the beginning of part 2. I thought it was really cool that she had that insane power from Tsunade.

N7iCkzX.jpg

Hey guys, remember when Kakashi was impressed with Sakura? Me neither.

All I had in mind was the fight between Tsunade and Jiraya against Orochimaru and how more of these fights would be fun to watch.

tumblr_ltal2gik501r12d1bo1_500.gif

I just wanted more of that.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Not much point if the binnable filler gets that treatment, and the actual canon gets this:

os8qz4.gif

One of teh best episodes animated by the same crew who animated the best episodes including:

Naruto vs Sasuke fight :p

When that scene gets played at the actual speed it looks amazing.

Steroyd

Art looks weird? The art went through some seismic shift when the studio expanded on the Pain vs Ninetails fight.

Not to mention the believability that after that whole sequence it was your plain stock rasengan that finished Pain off.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dont care about Sakura I just find it funny that she has been completely anonymous.

828-akiratoriyama_large.jpg

"Did I come up with that character?"

While looking for more Tsunade destruction gifs, I found this

cy02kvt.jpg

and well ... did they ever find and rescue him? Because it's been forever since they captured him.

os8qz4.gif

Hey, I made that gif! :D

Steroyd

http://i.imgur.com/cy02kvt.jpg[IMG]

and well ... did they ever find and rescue him? Because it's been forever since they captured him.[/QUOTE]

Oooooh yeah, he was fueling the Zombie war wasn't he?

And didn't Anko (lord knows how I remember her name), become some sort of relevance because of the cursed seal for some reason, or am I thinking of a different arc?

Atredeus

Neo Member
There was a lot sprinkled in throughout the series. The part where they were gearing up to face the American college team had a lot too. All the americans saying "Jap/Japs" for just about everything, then there was how they depicted black americans(huge lips, pretty sure there was some weird dumb or monkey joke with bananas or something I can't recall) reading about the match up and stuff. It was all just very unconfortable...

I don't know what it is about Americans in most manga. We're either super-cool foreigners, or racist assholes. And black people. Holy shit, I thought racism was bad in Alabama. Every black person talks ghetto/jive in manga and has huge blackface lips. Just... gets old how stereotypical it all is.

I know Eyeshield 21 was written a while ago... but the whole "poor urban runner with pocket change from grandma being shit on by white American coach" reeks of 50s America. And the coach calling Japanese people "Yellow monkeys"? wtf?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

cy02kvt.jpg

and well ... did they ever find and rescue him? Because it's been forever since they captured him.
Oooooh yeah, he was fueling the Zombie war wasn't he?

And didn't Anko (lord knows how I remember her name), become some sort of relevance because of the cursed seal for some reason, or am I thinking of a different arc?

Kabuto captured her and absorbed her cursed seal to get more zombie power or Orchimaru soul or something.

Both Anko and Yamato are still "captured". They haven't been rescued yet because the only person to make it to their base was Sasuke and he doesn't give a fuck.

Volume 13 title is also the undead.
Interesting... Now I'm expecting something crazy like "Kenpachi is one of those living Zanpatos" or something

scy

@Sakura - I actually liked her at the start ... in a sort of, "I can't wait for her to switch to falling for the protagonist" sort of way.

Now? Eh ... Not so much.

@Aunt Tits - oboyoboyoboy, time to catch up

Heroman v2 chp 5 - 9

Well having side stories not in the anime is good, like the one with Cy and the kid who was struggling with wanting to get an operation or not and then having to believe in himself to escape the train, then Joey's personal struggle to get stronger through the training for the cheerleader competition. chp 9 was stunning, a few more weeks for more.

Bleach

What if Kenpachi had actually died. First chapter in awhile that made me feel bored, it gave me those feelings that One Piece does when a chapter has no Luffy or Zoro or Sanji...I just dont care for the contents. So without Ichigo just a boring 15second read.

One Piece

I thought I said months ago that Traffy would take down the people including Shanks. Anyway nice to see that come to past, keeping the best non Sabo, non Ace, non Coby, non Straw Hats character involved will keep One Piece feeling awesome.

GG-Duo

Yep. It was a huge point in the Frieza arc. The Saiyans will get insane power ups if they survive near death situations.

It was how Vegeta managed to be on par with Frieza's 3rd form.

Oh shit. I stand corrected. Serves me right for only getting into Dragonball halfway into the Frieza fight...

Now, after the Frieza fight, I honestly don't remember them talking about it. At least they didn't use it as a power-up anymore. It's all about youth and training.

Shaman King, though - man, that completely ruined the flow of the manga. All the protagonists had to die and be revived multiple times to increase their power. Ridiculous.

Oh shit. I stand corrected. Serves me right for only getting into Dragonball halfway into the Frieza fight...

Now, after the Frieza fight, I honestly don't remember them talking about it. At least they didn't use it as a power-up anymore. It's all about youth and training.

Shaman King, though - man, that completely ruined the flow of the manga. All the protagonists had to die and be revived multiple times to increase their power. Ridiculous.

I agree about the Shaman King part, ruined the ending for me in the original. But the final edition fixed that up with Team Asakura taking on Spirit King Hao for the most part.

Did you know that "Shaman King Flowers" is now a series? It deals with Hana Asakura aka Yoh and Anna's devilish son.

Pimpwerx

One Piece
What's with Oda suddenly remembering all the strawhats personal traits and histories? Now all we need is for Nami to start actually drawing a map.

LOL! So true. Of all the Strawhats, she might be the furthest from achieving her goal. We've never seen her draw a map since she left Arlong Park. What's her progress on that world map?

Luffy is progressing towards becoming Pirate King
Zoro is close to becoming the strongest swordsman
Sanji seems to have forgotten about All Blue, but at least his time with the newkama mentioned it briefly.
Usopp is becoming a better marksman, and is also becoming braver.
Robin is finding ponoglyphs during each major arc.
Brooke is halfway to seeing Laboon again.
Franky is...um...well, he made the Thousand Sunny and keeps upgrading it.
Chopper has discovered a bunch of new medicines.

Nami is the only one who seems to have forgotten her goal. Oversight by Oda, or just more confirmation that Nami is a bottom-feeder like Robin? PEACE.

LOL! So true. Of all the Strawhats, she might be the furthest from achieving her goal. We've never seen her draw a map since she left Arlong Park. What's her progress on that world map?

Nami is the only one who seems to have forgotten her goal. Oversight by Oda, or just more confirmation that Nami is a bottom-feeder like Robin? PEACE.

People want to see Nami pursue her vain goal of getting all the riches by stealing?

Pimpwerx

On Bleach...if Unohana was this strong, why didn't she participate in the war or in the defense of SS? That really makes no fucking sense at all. If she's the strongest fighter next to Yama, then there's no reason she should have been on the sidelines. Hell, it's not like they can't just call up the royal guard healer if there's an emergency. Kubo will likely never explain this. PEACE.

Tamanon

Banned
On Bleach...if Unohana was this strong, why didn't she participate in the war or in the defense of SS? That really makes no fucking sense at all. If she's the strongest fighter next to Yama, then there's no reason she should have been on the sidelines. Hell, it's not like they can't just call up the royal guard healer if there's an emergency. Kubo will likely never explain this. PEACE.

The whole concept is that she is a murderous criminal when fighting. Yamamoto feared what would be unleashed.

Pimpwerx

The whole concept is that she is a murderous criminal when fighting. Yamamoto feared what would be unleashed.

Hmm. I wonder what's worse though, Unohana going on a rampage, or Juha Bach pretty much wiping SS off the map, and killing the Soul King. That's like saying Unohana > Juha Bach. PEACE.

Piecake

I guess that was one of her goals too, but the world map was the whole thing behind Arlong Park. She was enslaved for it, and made it her goal to complete it for herself. We haven't seen a single map from her since that arc. PEACE.

Her new dream is to have the biggest boobs on the grand line

Akito

Nononono v02
What's up with all the characters who could measure the power levels of people surrounding them, it was somewhat funny when the reporter was the only who could do that because he is sort of a narrator. The figure skating girl would fit perfectly into the cast of KNIM. Not that the other characters are that much brighter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nononono v02
What's up with all the characters who could measure the power levels of people surrounding them, it was somewhat funny when the reporter was the only who could do that because he is sort of a narrator. The figure skating girl would fit perfectly into the cast of KNIM. Not that the other characters are that much brighter.

The characters are just going to become dumber and dumber, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom