• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

Wonder what the thing with Momonosuke/Kinemon and the food was. It might just be Momonosuke not having eaten when Caesar was supplying food or maybe it has something to do with the conditions on their home island. A blockade or famine caused by Kaido/Big Mom?

One Piece

Wonder what the thing with Momonosuke/Kinemon and the food was. It might just be Momonosuke not having eaten when Caesar was supplying food or maybe it has something to do with the conditions on their home island.

Yeah I was thinking about that as well when I read the superior translation. I'm wondering if accepting outside help is taboo in Wano and by taking the food of strangers/pirates that'll get Kine and Momo banished or something.

Akito

One Piece

Wonder what the thing with Momonosuke/Kinemon and the food was. It might just be Momonosuke not having eaten when Caesar was supplying food or maybe it has something to do with the conditions on their home island.
So far I thought it was a case of Kinemon and Momosuke or the samurai in general having too much pride to accept help from someone else, food included. But maybe there's more behind it.

So far I thought it was a case of Kinemon and Momosuke or the samurai in general having too much pride to accept help from someone else, food included. But maybe there's more behind it.

I like this version since it would explain Momosuke's actions where he didn't accept the kids/adults food but yet he succumbed and eat the artificial df that was just sitting there.

But as said there could be more behind it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Sanji even notes there's more to Kinemon's crying than the food being really good. It's very likely that there's a big conflict at Wano Country.

GG-Duo

I agree about the Shaman King part, ruined the ending for me in the original. But the final edition fixed that up with Team Asakura taking on Spirit King Hao for the most part.

Did you know that "Shaman King Flowers" is now a series? It deals with Hana Asakura aka Yoh and Anna's devilish son.

Yeah, I just read a new chapter of Flowers in Chinese.

It's nice to revisit that world, and the story seems fun OK so far, but I haven't liked the mangaka's art style for years. At the beginning of Shaman King it was more traditional and discernable, but as he progressed (including Jumbor and Ultimo), he started drawing a lot of mechas and thin triangular shapes that's hard to see... He's continuing that trend in Flowers and I'm not a fan.

Naruto

The first couple pages could have been skipped, but overall I thought it was a decent chapter.

Wonder if we'll keep getting one or two panels of Sasuke & company or if will ever actually switch to them?

Bleach

That seemed like the hardest fight in Bleach to follow. I think it was because it actually showed them moving and not just appearing behind each other and slashing.

One Piece

Luffy not giving a shit is always great. Looks like we got a glimpse of the depths of Law's power. He can go so far as to remove chemicals from the body but I guess it takes a lot of concentration.

Hilarious. First time I've listened to one, guess I should have been listening to them all along.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
F- for making me listen to Chief Keef laugh for like a minute.

It's hard to believe this lame Naruto fight has been going on that long.

LOL Stat with dat Bleach bias :p

seriously though that was alright (long intro was too fucking long though)
HA HA HA

A/10 again, Stat Flow.
The truth for real this week
and every week when it's uploaded
, that point about Naruto was just damn son!
<3333

Hilarious. First time I've listened to one, guess I should have been listening to them all along.
New listener, thanks breh
oh and to all you other lames too <3

arkon

He secretly loves One Piece. You can hear him stop himself when he talks about reading One Piece last, because, you know (how many times does he say that?) he saves the best for last.

Stat Flow... more like You Know

Lain

The World God Only Knows vol 10
ZUk.jpg

Feminine Keima was great to watch during the Yui arc, though the best part was the end of it, with the new Yui. She has so much swag it isn't even funny AND she dresses a bit like Keima too now.

The new arc is interesting for the presence of an older woman to conquer. It's also fun for all the abuse Keima is getting in it.
It's amazing that he can still manage to still look like his usual handsome bespectacled self.

I wonder who was the person that trapped the fleeing Kaketama during the Yui arc.

--------

Almost done taking in the whole of Yume no Kaseki - Kon Satoshi Zentanpen but I don't feel like writing down something about it just yet. Still though, I wanted to share this beautiful image (crappily scanned by me):
The moment I saw it , I shed a little tear while heart-fully laughing (the story it's in is awesome).

Feminine Keima was great to watch during the Yui arc, though the best part was the end of it, with the new Yui. She has so much swag it isn't even funny AND she dresses a bit like Keima too now.

You're gonna like future volumes. Unfortunately the Hinoki arc is almost universally considered the worst.

FYC

Banned

My second physical manga purchase, D. Gray Man Vol. 1 & 2! Still waiting for the original Trigun to get here so I picked this up in the meantime. Don't know much about this series except that I heard it's gone batshit insane recently, but here goes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko 219

Promising start to the fight, but I'm still disappointed about how the cooking competition wrapped up.

Surprised to see Zaus downed so fast though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's supposed to be very isolated so unless Kaidou is causing trouble there it would be a detour. Law clearly has a plan, he's probably going to decide where to go next.

Unless Law's plan involves them meeting back up in x months/weeks.

Of course with Momo's hunger-induced nightmare about Doflamingo and the fact that Doflamingo is currently heading to the island, whatever is up is probably going to come to a head sooner than later.

I'm sure Law won't be the decider on where they go next because he's already trapped in going at the Strawhat's pace of things.

Omamorishimasu, Dokomademo 5
Kind of a sad chapter as the feelings are just so one sided (how could anyone turn that confession down) and after the scene he ran away to get from him. I assume the next chapter is the last so to tie the loose ends with the inheritance as well as getting them together will take quite a many number of pages, though I have faith it can be resolved how I want it at least.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

I'm just now realizing that Unohana actually really did put that sword through Ken's neck, and totally killed him. The blood it splattered on her face is still there after he "wakes up." She killed him, and he came back to life. I mean it's pretty much what she says at the end there, but I had only half-noticed that blood splatter earlier, and never really thought much about it.

[Edit] And with Unohana blaming "her sin," maybe the shtick is that because of her crazy evil shit in the past, she had some sort of contract placed upon her where it's impossible for her to kill someone. Which is why she hasn't ever fought during the series. And this ability works perfectly with Ken, since "near death" boosts his strength. HMMMM!!!!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

I'm just now realizing that Unohana actually really did put that sword through Ken's neck, and totally killed him. The blood it splattered on her face is still there after he "wakes up." She killed him, and he came back to life. I mean it's pretty much what she says at the end there, but I had only half-noticed that blood splatter earlier, and never really thought much about it.

[Edit] And with Unohana blaming "her sin," maybe the shtick is that because of her crazy evil shit in the past, she had some sort of contract placed upon her where it's impossible for her to kill someone. Which is why she hasn't ever fought during the series. And this ability works perfectly with Ken, since "near death" boosts his strength. HMMMM!!!!

If she was unable to kill anyone for some reason, that would at least explain out why she stood around the whole time during the rest of the series.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Toriko

Yeah son! That's how you start an all out fight! Fight between Coco and Grin is the one I'm most interested in at the moment.

bigkrev

When I finish Eyeshield 21, I'm thinking of trying to power through 1 of the big 3. The furthest along in any of them was Naruto, where I was up to the Time Skip. I have never read a single chapter of One Piece, and I watched the Bleach anime up till the end of the Soul Society arc. Which one of these mammoth undertakings should I take?

Mr. Fix

When I finish Eyeshield 21, I'm thinking of trying to power through 1 of the big 3. The furthest along in any of them was Naruto, where I was up to the Time Skip. I have never read a single chapter of One Piece, and I watched the Bleach anime up till the end of the Soul Society arc. Which one of these mammoth undertakings should I take?

I think you're pretty much good for Bleach.

Seriously though, tackle both. One arc for one, and another for the other.

On Bleach...if Unohana was this strong, why didn't she participate in the war or in the defense of SS? That really makes no fucking sense at all. If she's the strongest fighter next to Yama, then there's no reason she should have been on the sidelines. Hell, it's not like they can't just call up the royal guard healer if there's an emergency. Kubo will likely never explain this. PEACE.

SMH.

Toriko

Tommyrod is more disgusting than ever.

Crap no basket

"There´s only one miracle that can uplift Kajou" Says it all. Shit writing all over the place.

Aunt Tits

Destroy this bitch!

I can see him getting laid and the girl becoming obsessed with him and interfering in the rest of his... What am I talking about? This is Aunt Tits, of course he won't get laid.

remz

Bleach

This is what I thought might be the reason behind it. But due to the shitty translation I couldn't really tell.

It would explain why they don't have her as a fighter, like you say.

Big One

Banned
This is what I thought might be the reason behind it. But due to the shitty translation I couldn't really tell.

It would explain why they don't have her as a fighter, like you say.
In the end, however, it's really not going to accomplish much. Unohana was never really an interesting character, just has a fanbase cause she's an attractive female. This was an interesting twist, but I highly doubt it'll amount to anything that wouldn't have been there already if this story hadn't been told.

Bossun

Toriko

I don't like that...
Everyone being here, almost all of the bad guys feels like an ending scene.
Seems like it's going too fast...

So I hope nobody dies, or just very few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom