• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

Stinky

Oh yeah, I remember seeing someone either here or the pickup thread post a volume and I scrambled to google to get more info. They were all Italian volumes... I saw other stuff there that made me jealous too haha

Akito

Medaka Box
For a moment I thought there's a chance for Ajimu to come back :( Anyway, that was a nice mother daughter reunion. SSJ3 Medaka looks sick, let's see what explanation Nisio will come up with on how Medaka being able to take on Iihiko.

Kusagari

Medaka Box 179

And Nisio continues to try to make us believe Ajimu is dead. Medaka's still basically dead right now so I wonder how she's going to get out of this. Maybe beating the Fresh Maker will reverse the damage.

scy

Medaka Box 179 - End God Mode, eh?

Well ...

Hm.

Also, Medaka's mother is kind of boring after Nisekoi's mothers.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Medaka Box 179

Post-time skip Medaka is so much better than old Medaka.

Edit: Holy shit, Neorice, your tag is the best ever. Congrats, haha.

Haha whatever floats your boat

Medaka Box

I wonder if Medaka is planning to transfer all her "god like" abilities (and by extension) her damage to him so that she could truly become a normal girl? Would be a fitting way to finish the series (assuming this is getting towards the finale).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Medaka Box

Really? You expect us to believe the greatest troll to ever live, Ajimu, is actually dead? Please.

Also, this is looking pretty FRESH.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Medaka Box

Really? You expect us to believe the greatest troll to ever live, Ajimu, is actually dead? Please.

Also, this is looking pretty FRESH.
From what I understand, Ajimu is that character that has like 100,000 trillion skills right?

None of them compare to Aizen.

Kusagari

I think it's pretty clear at this point the Fresh Maker is the greatest troll in Medaka Box.

Dude is such a troll that he's not effected by skills because he doesn't acknowledge them.

Stinky

I love Medaka Box for how over the top it is. Ajimu was sooo broken but she was killed by someone even more broken. Even the shonen trope of "Be beaten, rest/train to recover injuries, come back for another fight" doesn't work against him because PERMANENT INJURIES MOTHAFUCKER.

fresh

Kusagari

Here I don't even read Medaka Box...

Iihiko_Shishime.png

Is this secretly what you look like?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Medaka Box always good? How does the plot relate to the author's grasp of boob anatomy?

Author and artist are different. Author is always a troll, artist can only draw one face and one hand.

Articalys

Binbougami ga! 48

Getting closer to the final battle of this arc, but the fights this chapter were great too. Shame that we're probably never going to see Maid Ran-Ran-Nyan again.

Why did the anime for this have to be a colossal sales failure... please let them revive it for any reason somewhere down the line.

Nowhere Boy 24

Tgsdv73.jpg

God is dead.

On a totally unrelated note, humanity's ace in the hole may have just made her début.

Medaka Box 11-26

When I decided to give this another shot, I somehow forgot that battle shounen and me don't normally get on. Will keep reading despite that since it seems interesting enough. The genre shift didn't feel as unnatural as I was expecting it to be.

Dodging spoilers like danmaku.

NWxr1.png

Molester Man 17-18

Holy.

Shit.

What a chapter.

Everything from the Aizen cameo to them actually doing it, was absolutely amazing.

And I didn't expect Loli could make such an evil stare. Really hoping this doesn't end with someone getting stabbed.

Azure J

Medaka Box 179

Am I the only one who felt like this chapter was "eh"? It's not even because it was a bad chapter really, it just felt waaaaaaaaay too "normal" for a recovery-from-certain-death type chapter, especially given the fact that I'm reading Medaka Box.

Basically, you'd expect Nisio to go full batshit with the trolling since he loves playing with tropes like this.

Edit: @Akito

With Space:

Azure J's skill is Book Maker, which turns the target into a Minus.

Without Space:

AzureJ's skill is Standing Ovation, which allows you to negate the effect of Parasite Seeing. http://en.shindanmaker.com/239965

And I got Unreasonable Taxation with my real name. Ice Fire with my full name too. Imdabess

Double Edit: I seem to remember Duckroll or one of the mods not liking these kinds of posts solely dedicated to things like this. Just a heads up.

Atredeus

Neo Member
But we have precedent already that Yamamoto put a leash on her when the quincies invaded. That was Soul Society´s most dangerous invasion. So why would he not do the same with every other event?

I know this got dropped, but I can't help but say this is a giant leap in logic, Beam. "This is the most important arc, so it must've been true for those less important arcs, right?... right?"

No evidence, other than the fact she was sidelined for no reason, and showed remarkable restraint. Really, the only time we saw her so much as desire to do anything was this last arc, where her clenched fists are supposed to highlight her willingness to battle.

Medaka Box
Trollface.jpg. Also, boring speech by Mom.

Vinland Saga
I forget everything that happened before this. This manga needs a better release schedule.

God of High School
I wonder where this is going after the tournament arc. And it seems like everyone with good intentions gets absolutely screwed in this manwha.

Skill Generator
My real name got: Erotic Pierrot, a skill that manipulates lust. Now I know why you all are flirting with me constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom