• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 17-31
haganai31.png

lmao. the greatest lovfriends story ever told 11/10

yozora > non-megane rika > yukimura > *

Cajun

Neo Member
For crying out loud I WARNED YOU FROM THE VERY BEGINNING but NOOOOO you just wouldn't listen :\

I guessing it is, but I'll just ask anyways...

Is it a bad thing I was hoping for a School Days-esque ending about 120 chapters in?

At that point, it was the only redemption the series had.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I guessing it is, but I'll just ask anyways...

Is it a bad thing I was hoping for a School Days-esque ending about 120 chapters in?

At that point, it was the only redemption the series had.

It would have been a massive improvement for Shou to act crazy and kill all of the characters in the manga, that's for sure, ahahahah (or just the main dude and the main girl, that worked too.)

Cajun

Neo Member
It would have been a massive improvement for Shou to act crazy and kill all of the characters in the manga, that's for sure, ahahahah (or just the main dude and the main girl, that worked too.)

That's EXACTLY what I had in mind. The entire time I was thinking, "Alright Shou, time to go on a murderous rampage!"

...and then it sadly never happened.

Edit: On another note, I haven't been paying attention to it, so I was wondering if Deadman Wonderland came off hiatus?

Akito

For crying out loud I WARNED YOU FROM THE VERY BEGINNING but NOOOOO you just wouldn't listen :\

No no it wouldn't be enough. He needs to read pure unfiltered joy and happiness like... like My Girl, to completely awash that stain.
I wouldn't call My Girl "pure unfiltered joy and happiness", beside the fluffy kid raising there were also some pretty heart-wrenching moments. Still, it would be sufficient to balance out Rage Ending.

Time for some French manga!

Dreamland 1-9

Were this an actual manga, it would definitely feel super off in both art and storytelling, but since it's not, it's not that bad. Does a pretty good job at emulating the feel of shounen, something I've yet to encounter in any non-Japanese/Korean comic.

The premise and name is pretty damn generic, but it's being built on in a way that makes it enjoyable. There's a whole world in the land of dreams that people can explore and stuff, with its own conflicts and whatnot. But you have to become a "Traveler" to do that, which lets you enter other peoples dreams and just explore the world in general without getting caught up in your own dreams.

Fun series, but the romance drama is pretty bullshit.

Cajun

Neo Member
GTO 109

Teshigawara's back? I'm already excited.

I was trying to drag this series out a bit because I don't want this greatness to end, but it's working quite nicely to wash the stain out of my mind that is GE.

Akito

GTO 109

Teshigawara's back? I'm already excited.

I was trying to drag this series out a bit because I don't want this greatness to end, but it's working quite nicely to wash the stain out of my mind that is GE.
So, are you already reading Kimi no Iru Machi?

Cwarrior

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency END

The telegram the telegram, exploding volcanoes,evolution and Space the final frontier.

it's going to take me while to let that crazy roller coaster ride sink in.

Now this was impressive Araki Hirohiko, at first was like wah huh bullsh--oh right daaamn round of applause then

flawfuls

Guns and Stamps 1-2

Digging this so far. I like the protagonist and her profound belief in meaningless bureaucracy.

The story is set in an alternate world with 20th century-like technology, during a great war between the alliance of the Grand Duchy (Russia that never formed) and the Empire (Poland-Lithuania that never fell into ruin) on one side, and the Republic (the Ottoman Empire that never fell apart) on the other.

Lieutenant Martina M. Mayakovskaya is a new officer in the Grand Duchy Logistics Corps. It's a branch of the armed forces responsible for transportation and supply that is looked down upon by the rest of the military as "paper soldiers". Martina's assignment is supposed to be a comfortable desk job dealing with stamping paperwork, but for some reason wherever she goes, she ends up in the middle of combat. Also, what's that eight-legged pseudoweasel that she adopted as a pet (or it adopted her?), and is it just a coincidence that it seems to be saving her from harm every time?

One Punch Man ch1
Starting this in SJ Alpha. I dunno how its going to stay interesting if he beats a "monster of the week" each chapter with 1 punch, but the art is really good, and i'm willing to bet these monsters are going to have funny back stories, so i'll keep reading.

Man, I really want amazon to deliver the next 10 vols of Eyeshield 21, but they aren't due here till monday. So, I guess i'll pull a DTL and just talk about the Yaoi i'm reading

Love Stage vol 1
Premise is that 10 years ago, a commercial for a wedding company that was featuring 2 children getting married had the girl drop out at the last min, so the director dressed her boy up as a girl and used her. 10 years later, the company wants to do the same commercial again, now that the original boy has become a popular actor, and he says he will do it only if the original "girl" (who he fell in love with) was in it. Meanwhile, the "girl" is now a pretty hardcore otaku, making "Magical Girl LalaLaulu" his waifu. He is bribed into doing the commercial with a LalaLaulu Daikimura, they do the commercial, realize they are both guys, yaoi stuff happens, ect. Will keep reading.

Kousoku SA (Hikaru no Go)

Total shota smut with the thinnest of plots (Mitani gets kidnapped by people for cash Go game debts, has sex with Hikaru on camera to make back the money). The artist has done a ton of Hikaru no Go dojuins, so the art is pretty close to the original. Features a pretty funny tsunade Mitani, so that's cool, i guess.

Have to start love stage was on my list of stuff to read.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
One Punch Man ch1
Starting this in SJ Alpha. I dunno how its going to stay interesting if he beats a "monster of the week" each chapter with 1 punch, but the art is really good, and i'm willing to bet these monsters are going to have funny back stories, so i'll keep reading.

The monsters really aren't the problem. He has deeper struggles.

One Punch Man ch1

I had the same thought, but after reading 18 chapters in one sitting, I couldn't believe how good it was. In a way it's very anti-shonen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So much time in this thread is spent debating the massive differences between 2/10 quality and 3/10 quality series. We gotta keep lowering expectations. I feel like some people here can still tell quality when they see it.

You just spent like a week reviewing Cage of Eden while being told from all fronts and from your own observations that it was bad. Besides, I remember exactly what score on a tenscale you gave Naruto. ;-)

Fairy Tail

lol They got captured in the past and was sent to prison while 10,000 dragons came and wiped out everyone.

Man Minerva is such a bitch! Hope one of the dragons take her out because Erza killing her is a waste of Erza's skills and time.

Also Laxus vs Orga vs Jura lol talk about a threesome. Rouge is just gonna get his ass kicked by Gajeel lol.

Overall looking forward to the next chapter.

GManDH

Fairy Tail
Please let there be a dragon war!!! I hope we also get to see more of them and find out bout more dragonslayers.

hamchan

AKB49

Y'know I think this manga is pretty good. It is a bit weird though that there are actual real life people in it though. I wonder what the real AKB48 think about how they are portrayed.

bigkrev

The monsters really aren't the problem. He has deeper struggles.

I had the same thought, but after reading 18 chapters in one sitting, I couldn't believe how good it was. In a way it's very anti-shonen.

Yeah, I know a bunch of people in this thread love it, so I was pretty sure there was more to it than what I initially thought. I'm interested to see how a powerful character like him can have struggles.

Have to start love stage was on my list of stuff to read.

It's pretty dumb, but if you go in knowing that, you probably will be happy.

saiyaku wa boku wo suki sugiru 7 - 8
Finally volume 2, having to wait so many months for the next volume is always so worth it. Izumi's and Ichijou's friendship being tested to the limits as they still go through this course of the misfortune was again at high now with a gun scene (which is just as intense as that subway scene in v1). Favorite things are their coworkers and friends observation that the two are always so close that they might as well be dating. Regardless, I wonder what are the next misfortunes and if they can really survive it and not become enemies. Probably unlikely if Izumi still relies on Ichijou, that trust.

789shadow

Banned
Medaka Box powers:

789shadow's skill is Error Message Plate, which allows you to control others through cards.

I'm Hisoka motherfuckers.

"brotkasten's skill is Death Block, which grants you immortality."

Sounds about right.

Yeah, I know a bunch of people in this thread love it, so I was pretty sure there was more to it than what I initially thought. I'm interested to see how a powerful character like him can have struggles.

He struggles, but probably not in the way you're thinking of. You should definitely keep reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom