• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter X Hunter Yorknew City Arc

Wow oh wow this series really does get better and better. The Phantom Troupe (will try my best to use English names) are a really unique group of individuals and of course we learn Hisoka is an evil traitor/bastard to everyone and anyone he meets. If his true allegiances aren't with the PT I can't help but wonder who they really are with.

Honestly I didn't even realize I had finished the arc because of how seamless the story transitions though each arc. Really hope we get to see more of the core 4 working together because those moments are truly the best in all of Hunter x Hunter.

I forgot to mention, I kept expecting Chrollo to be the main bad based upon all the art I've seen of him, but it seems like he really isn't, at least not when compared to Hisoka.

scy

NWxr1.png

Molester Man 17-18

Holy.

Shit.

What a chapter.

Everything from the Aizen cameo to them actually doing it, was absolutely amazing.

Oh man, these chapters were so good. So good~

And I didn't expect Loli could make such an evil stare. Really hoping this doesn't end with someone getting stabbed.

...well.

How come I didn't know there is a Medaka Box skill generator

http://en.shindanmaker.com/239965

Variations of scy that I use get me:

Standing Ovation, Weighted Words, and Zapping Study.

My first name gets me All-Fiction and full name is Mirror Juvenile. gg, double reality warper.

Kusagari

Mahou Shoujo of the End 1-7

Well this isn't the Madoka Magica ripoff I was expecting. Instead, I got what feels like a gorier Highschool of the Dead with psychotic magical girls replacing zombies.

And Molester Cop is definitely the best character.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Hmm... Zapping Study or Give Up-Down.

Zapping study sounds about right given discussions I tend to have RE: Wind Waker, Double Dragon Neon, Karateka, Final Fantasy IX....

Also, I ran another experiment:

Medaka Box's skill is Count Up, the ability to count large numbers of items.

Korosenai

Molester Man

Just read the first two chapters. Great Manga, really funny. I laughed pretty hard after the stalker story and then it showed the 4chan post. Good stuff.

JJBA: Battle Tendency

I had to read ahead...

No, no, Caesar is dead. CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEESAAAAAAAAAARRR. Why do all good Zeppeli have to die ;-;? He was so close to killing Wham. RIP Caesar, you were too good for this sinful earth.

Medaka Box: Really need to start reading this from the beginning! Started after the time skip and after
Zenkichi proposed

I got this skill using my real name.

____'s skill is All Fiction, which allows you to deny aspects of reality. Not bad at all. :)

My user name gave me a good one as well.

crimsonlink's skill is Gamble Dog, a skill that manipulates miracles. lol Nice powers on both ends.

I have to catch up on Kurogane, I would feel bad if I didn't finish it after starting it.

JJBA Pt 2:

A-A chariot race? Are you fucking kidding me? The final battle is Wham and Jojo having a chariot race to the death? This manga is godly.

bigkrev

One Punch Man ch1
Starting this in SJ Alpha. I dunno how its going to stay interesting if he beats a "monster of the week" each chapter with 1 punch, but the art is really good, and i'm willing to bet these monsters are going to have funny back stories, so i'll keep reading.

Man, I really want amazon to deliver the next 10 vols of Eyeshield 21, but they aren't due here till monday. So, I guess i'll pull a DTL and just talk about the Yaoi i'm reading

Love Stage vol 1
Premise is that 10 years ago, a commercial for a wedding company that was featuring 2 children getting married had the girl drop out at the last min, so the director dressed her boy up as a girl and used her. 10 years later, the company wants to do the same commercial again, now that the original boy has become a popular actor, and he says he will do it only if the original "girl" (who he fell in love with) was in it. Meanwhile, the "girl" is now a pretty hardcore otaku, making "Magical Girl LalaLaulu" his waifu. He is bribed into doing the commercial with a LalaLaulu Daikimura, they do the commercial, realize they are both guys, yaoi stuff happens, ect. Will keep reading.

Kousoku SA (Hikaru no Go)

Total shota smut with the thinnest of plots (Mitani gets kidnapped by people for cash Go game debts, has sex with Hikaru on camera to make back the money). The artist has done a ton of Hikaru no Go dojuins, so the art is pretty close to the original. Features a pretty funny tsunade Mitani, so that's cool, i guess.

upandaway

Karate Minoru

How the hell is that move legal? That's just monkey business.

Match was crazy, the fact everyone are losing again was pretty standard procedure though.

Medaka Box

Medaka's mom was pretty normal. Medaka's revival was pretty normal. The whole sequence was pretty (oh man what is the conclusion of this sentence?!?!) normal.

At first I wanted to say I wanted something more, but then I realized being "normal" was, well, the entire point.

So was Nisio just being lazy or was I secretly violated again?

Rajack

Hi guys, what mangas should I be reading? Right now I'm following Bleach and I'm reading Kongo Bancho, but am I missing anything else good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom