• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto begging the Raikage for Sasuke's life takes the cake. Dropped the manga for 3 months since that panel. Just barely reading it for the sake of finishing it.

Why would you drop it because of that, wouldnt anyone want their friend to beg someone to seek their forgiveness and to save their best friend? We should be glad Naruto wont abandon Sasuke, no matter what.

Steroyd

Why would you drop it because of that, wouldnt anyone want their friend to beg someone to seek their forgiveness and to save their best friend? We should be glad Naruto wont abandon Sasuke, no matter what.

The thing is that Naruto is only willing to talk him out of it, rather than spank his ass and tell him he's a naughty boy.

You know which method you would prefer.

Btw, why is Orochimaru still alive? Hasn't he died like 20 times already?

Something something cursed seal something.

Looking at your avatar I dunno if I should bother. Though I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not.

But when said "friend" stabs a electric arm through you and barely misses thanks to you deflecting it at the last second to hit the shoulder instead of the heart..... Yeah begging for that friend wouldn't be on top of most people's list.

Not to mention said "friend" also breaking your neck and all around being a general douchebag that is looking to destroy the home village you plan to lead isn't the type of person you go to another person to beg for their life. Especially when the said person you beg had their brother attacked by your friend, makes diplomacy more complicated. :p

Its like Naruto is one of those abused people that keeps going back to get abused for the sake of changing the abuser and in most cases that doesn't happen. (Not to make light of people that are abused but I call them as I see them in the manga.)

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
He took over what's his name's body or whatever. Who knows, all I know is he's the best villain in the series.

Nah, Kakuzu's the best. Guy didn't give a shit 'bout anything but $$$$, and stole fucker's hearts. Shame he got Plot no Jutsu'd. He had like a 100 years of experience, fought Hashirama, and fell for a Shadow Clone? lol.

Looking at your avatar I dunno if I should bother. Though I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not.

He isn't being sarcastic. He's being :dtl. Just leave him be, as he has the most unpopular opinion on everything, assuming your not a yaoi fan.

Hajimete Datteba!

Basically 18 chapters of a guy getting blue-balled, over and over again. At one point they were about to have sex, and then it skipped to the next day, and it was never mentioned again so I'm assuming nothing happened and the author just couldn't be bothered to think of an excuse to put it off longer. Also I've noticed a trend among many smut mangas: the art isn't that great. The ecchi content is the great playing field leveler, a cheap hook allowing lesser artists to get readers. The faces are ok, but the bodies look off. The panty shots are particularly awkward looking. The non-fan service parts are actually ok, and the main girl is somewhat funny, which really reinforces how shoehorned in the naked body parts are.

rRlEYsM.png

xGpWpmf.png

g6iFhbr.png

Thank you for that helpful reminder, translater-kun.

YAWN

7 Seeds 93
EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS MANGA, SERIOUSLY, IT'S A MASTERPIECE.
While I'm not believing Hana's dead until I see her corpse, the past 20 or so chapters have been some of the best I've read in any manga, especially the fall out chapter where Ango and Ryo get banished. Is it me, or does the series just seem to progressively get better with each new arc? I didn't think anything could beat the Summer A School arc, but the Ryugu Palace gave it a run for it's money, and I've been loving the development and interactions between Autumn, Spring, and Summer A. Holy shit at Ango trying to rape Hana though...
Anyway, Ango and Ryo meeting up with Summer B is proving interesting, seeing as they're still psychologically deteriorating, and getting a glimpse of the easy life, and even though they've both been absolute pricks, I still like both of 'em. From their POV, I can understand where they're coming from... in fact, I feel really sorry for them, especially now that they're realising no other Team went through that hellish training and tests, yet have managed to survive fine...
Love this manga so much.

7 Seeds 93
While I'm not believing Hana's dead until I see her corpse, the past 20 or so chapters have been some of the best I've read in any manga, especially the fall out chapter where Ango and Ryo get banished. Is it me, or does the series just seem to progressively get better with each new arc? I didn't think anything could beat the Summer A School arc, but the Ryugu Palace gave it a run for it's money, and I've been loving the development and interactions between Autumn, Spring, and Summer A. Holy shit at Ango trying to rape Hana though...
Anyway, Ango and Ryo meeting up with Summer B is proving interesting, seeing as they're still psychologically deteriorating, and getting a glimpse of the easy life, and even though they've both been absolute pricks, I still like both of 'em. From their POV, I can understand where they're coming from... in fact, I feel really sorry for them, especially now that they're realising no other Team went through that hellish training and tests, yet have managed to survive fine...
Love this manga so much.
Yes, it does get better every arc.

Talking about what people do first when they post here made me recall my old GAF days,

I was so afraid of getting banned that I barely posted anything at all hahahah.

I have zero threads for a reason

YAWN

Talking about what people do first when they post here made me recall my old GAF days,

I got banned recently for making a insulting comment towards gay people, which wasn't my intention at all. Feel reaaaaally embarassed about it still :/

bigkrev

There really needs to be a "you should be sleeping, you aren't able to post now" setting. Would probably protect most people from bannings.

7 Seeds 93
Love this manga so much.

That's what I meant earlier, when I said it's hard to hate anyone in this manga. They all have their motives for acting like they do. I still have a hard time forgiving Ango, though. He didn't even have a real excuse, when they confronted him.

I still remember that one time, when I got someone banned. The origin of my avatar, my 15 seconds of fame and pleasure. It was nice.

I got banned recently for making a insulting comment towards gay people, which wasn't my intention at all. Feel reaaaaally embarassed about it still :/

Well you shouldn't do that.

I stopped being scared of getting banned when I realised I'm a saint, the mods use more questionable language than me gyahahahah.

Talking about questionable, random question time:

One thing I really dislike about Fairy Tail is how the villains always do stupid stuff that's made to make us hate them, except it's -so- in your face and put on that I just rage at the manga instead. It makes me wonder though, who are the best rage-inducing villains and characters in manga?

I'm not talking about characters that are rage-inducing for the wrong reasons: Sasuke, nanamine, etc.

Nor characters that are -meant- to induce the rage they do, but we hate them because it's just pointless and nothing anyone would want (most FT villains, Nakai)

I'm specifically talking about villains or characters that are clearly well-writen and realistic where the awful shit they pull makes your blood boil, but at the same time you grudgingly admit that they're pretty darn epic or amazing characters. They're just amazing characters you wish dead.

Anyone got characters that fit this description?

/edit

I still remember that one time, when I got someone banned. The origin of my avatar, my 15 seconds of fame and pleasure. It was nice.

Summary of what happened? I'm curious now.

Akito

Sankarea 34
I doubt things happend exactly as it appears but damn, that was some dark stuff.

Sankarea 35
Yeah, thought so. So Darin's dad is basically a Gendo clone, an obsessive maniac who dares to do anything in order to revive his dead wife.

scy

I know that feel. I'm fairly self-conscious about basically everything I do :/

Except not so much in here anymore. Apparently.

God I remember trying to get people to read this manga 2 months ago. Glad it's getting the respect it deserved.

I remember when I was the only one (/only regular) reading Baby Steps. And then Laughing Banana picked it up like two OTs ago and then it quickly became a staple of the thread.

Good times.

EDIT: Do people actually hate DTL? I find him endearing.

Hate? Nah. DTL is DTL!

Apath

But when said "friend" stabs a electric arm through you and barely misses thanks to you deflecting it at the last second to hit the shoulder instead of the heart..... Yeah begging for that friend wouldn't be on top of most people's list.

Not to mention said "friend" also breaking your neck and all around being a general douchebag that is looking to destroy the home village you plan to lead isn't the type of person you go to another person to beg for their life. Especially when the said person you beg had their brother attacked by your friend, makes diplomacy more complicated. :p

Its like Naruto is one of those abused people that keeps going back to get abused for the sake of changing the abuser and in most cases that doesn't happen. (Not to make light of people that are abused but I call them as I see them in the manga.)
That's actually a good comparison. Naruto really is an abused wife trying to change the ways of the drunken husband who beats her.

Except Naruto could have destroyed Sasuke when they came upon him after his fight with Danzo. He had no chakra and was going blind -- let alone that Naruto could have beaten him even if he was at full strength.

YAWN

God, how shit are Nardo characters. All the main guys suck 'cept Kakashi, and even he's been losing it this current arc. Rock Lee, Kakuzu, and Zabuza are the only characters I can say I actually like. Shikamaru used to be up there when he was a lazy, unpopular genius, but ever since he got the generic protect the children shtick, he's been hard to watch. Shino was cool when he actually did stuff too, but lol.

Edit: Yeah, Spandam would my answer to Neorice. What a goober.

I love how Enel was so bloody messed up in his head.

My favourite part was him pretty much casually telling a bunch of people who all HATED HIM BEYOND ANYTHING that they could be his future crew, I don't think I've ever seen such a deluded yet potent character in any series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom