• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOK

Looks like shit's going to get real next time.

What's with those girls and stripping him anyway?

Young Yui is scared of penis.

Not enough BL and friendshit.
What could have been...

9Yr9erM.png

Fairy Tail

Fucking Juvia. Die already you useless piece of shit character. Fairy Tail will win and the dragon attack will be cancelled. If Saber Tooth or Jura win then the dragons will attack. This is just made to show that Fairy Tail will save the country and become on a good term with the king, and the magic council, and FT will be hailed as the saver of the world.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I read that Hiro Mashima is starting a new manga while still carrying on with Fairy Fail?
Maybe that's why it's stagnating so much. Even though I dropped it, I still like the art, especially the detailed backgrounds, so I'd be interested if he dropped all the unnecessary fan service and nakama shit, and actually told a unpredictable story where villains actually pose a threat. But what are the chances...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I read that Hiro Mashima is starting a new manga while still carrying on with Fairy Fail?
Maybe that's why it's stagnating so much. Even though I dropped it, I still like the art, especially the detailed backgrounds, so I'd be interested if he dropped all the unnecessary fan service and nakama shit, and actually told a unpredictable story where villains actually pose a threat. But what are the chances...

Mashima was, at one point, writing 4-6 manga at once, including Fairy Tail.

Wait really?! I hope hes not trying to pull an Eiji Nizuma and end Fairy Tail when its at its best for a new series.

If so, just please, I hope he has a Gray Fullbuster in that.

upandaway

Hey guys, hey. Guys. Hey. Y'know, well, that. There's this thing, it's called Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. You may be familiar with it.

It's pretty amazing.

bigkrev

I dunno, you wouldn't really call only R-rated lesbian stuff Yuri either.

(I might be completely full of shit, bear with me)

Its more that Shounen-ai is an established genera of manga, where Shoujo-ai really isn't. I can walk into a bookstore and pick up something like Gravitation (if Tokyopop still existed :( *sigh*) or Loveless- I can't say the same thing about Shoujo-ai. Hell, you can go to some stores and just pick up Yaoi. June press exists only to publish it! So for the most part, Yuri is the term used for anything girl-on-girl.

Fanservice for DTL to persuade him to read TWGOK I'm sure.

Suggesting to read it and imagine all the characters genderbent, then this, if TWGOK is really THAT good, Ill give it one more chance, ten chapters to hook me.

Hey guys, hey. Guys. Hey. Y'know, well, that. There's this thing, it's called Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. You may be familiar with it.

It's pretty amazing.

I dont understand what is to be seen in it, havent seen todays episode yet, but its too heavy on being an ancient alternative take on the Age of Empires meets Farmville type mentality that essentially removes the fun of Age of Empire while leaning to heavily on the most dull aspects of the fad of wanting to be an agriculturalists in ones spare time during classtime. Maybe if Yuusha was more front and center, the ED not so boring, and well more on combat. I mean really watching her try to persuade people to grow potatoes and not even fix the best dish made from potatoes, and worst education of rotating crops? Thats quite uninteresting. Basically, if they adapted this more loosely.

Kurita

Holy shit, some posts are just hilarious with this.
Wait straight-up?, muthafucka! I hope hes not tryin ta pull a Eiji Nizuma n' end Fairy Tail when its at its dopest fo' a freshly smoked up series.

If so, just please, I hope he has a Gray Fullbusta up in that.

Kusagari

Suggestin ta read it n' imagine all tha charactas genderbent, then this, if TWGOK is straight-up THAT phat, Ill give it one mo' chizzle, ten chaptas ta hook mah dirty ass.

This really does make DTL's posts a million times better.

Fox318

Fairy Tail

Pretty good chapter for highlighting many key characters that we care about. Gray and Lyon, if they fight, should be pretty amazing. Hopefully Juvia and Shelia get pushed to the background. Laxus, Jura ought to be yet another interesting arena which will look good once the anime gets there. Lastly the dragonslayer v dragonslayer fight...could it possibly reach the same level as Natsus? May be hard as Sting and Natsu were already the two best and strongest dragonslayers in the series. Otherwise 10000 dragons...Wow where are all the other dragonslayers, we need a dragonslayer arc.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Defective Dogs v1-2 (end)
tumblr_mh6yb7mEjr1qbxqfpo1_500.png

It gave me some feelings of nostalgia, modern warfare 2 was the first fps I ever bought and played, really tough and hard but I liked the characters. Roach needed much more time in this as he had such good design and that panel. Such a tragic fate in game. Military black ops stuff and essentially soap's bad luck with constantly getting caught and interrogated to extract information. Ghost was quite helpful and delivered a powerful final chapter to help Soap get over his frustrations. Liked that smirk when he moves half his mask, was most memorable. If only there were more.
What the hell

BTW did anyone skip Skypia for One Piece like I did? That shit was boring that I only read the end where Luffy beats up Enel with his golden bell lol.

Akito

Green Blood 18
That's one badass cover right there. The story looks pretty endgame-ish, Luke got to know about Brad's secret identity and his motivation and the scumbag father is back in town but there seems to be at least one more volume.

BTW did anyone skip Skypia for One Piece like I did? That shit was boring that I only read the end where Luffy beats up Enel with his golden bell lol.

I certainly wish I did, same with Fishmen Island. I'd probably enjoy OP more if I didn't read it., mostly because I feel like I didn't miss anything.

oni_saru

Gizoogle? Wasn't that popular like 10 years ago?

yeah that site is old. But having it "translate" forum posts/etc must be one of the new features added in the last few years. Back then you typed in what you wanted to say & it would translate.

I like this new feature. Makes over reaction & angry posts ten times better!

Anyone read Dogs Bullets & Carnage by Shirow Miwa?

I love the prequel. The ongoing series started great but volume 7 wasn't that good. Some of the new developments was kind of unexpected but in the bad way.

Anyone keeping up with this series? Thoughts?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone keeping up with this series? Thoughts?

Premise is interesting and art is fantastic. Sadly, it couldn't hold my attention very long. Once I finished all the available material I dropped it. A lot of style, very little substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom