• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Aaroniero Arruruerie from Bleach, too. Constantly screwing with Rukia's state of mind while disguised as Kaien was harsh, especially when he ordered her to kill herself for compensation for his death.
Tsukishima was a prick too, despite his past.

Aaroniero Arruruerie from Bleach, too. Constantly screwing with Rukia's state of mind while disguised as Kaien was harsh, especially when he ordered her to kill herself for compensation of his death.
Tsukishima was a prick too, despite his past.

What was the pink haired science guy called? I remember him being pretty gross too.

scy

I'm specifically talking about villains or characters that are clearly well-writen and realistic where the awful shit they pull makes your blood boil, but at the same time you grudgingly admit that they're pretty darn epic or amazing characters. They're just amazing characters you wish dead.

Anyone got characters that fit this description?

A villain that's actually likable? Kumagawa during his actual arc. He's easy to hate when he actually was the bad guy but you couldn't help but sit back and go, "Yup, he's still kind of awesome."

I figure that was the archetype written for him to begin with honestly.

I wouldn't say "well-written" for the villains of Akame ga Kill but I can't help but think that some characters are simultaneously awesome and I fucking hate them for it.

Kusagari

What was the pink haired science guy called? I remember him being pretty gross too.

Szayel?

He was pretty disgusting. Bit off his subordinates heads to heal himself and then the infamous impregnation rebirth scene.

Mayuri's speech to him on how referring to himself as "perfect" was a disgrace to scientists was great too.

I wouldn't say "well-written" for the villains of Akame ga Kill but I can't help but think that some characters are simultaneously awesome and I fucking hate them for it.

Well-enough-written is fine too. :p

Szayel?

He was pretty disgusting. Bit off his subordinates heads to heal himself and then the infamous impregnation rebirth scene.

Mayuri's speech to him on how referring to himself as "perfect" was a disgrace to scientists was great too.

I half love how that fight put two absolute disgusting monsters up against eachother.

At the same time I'm not sure what to think when a series "Scientists" are all .. well, horrid creatures that are almost demonic in how creepy their research ideas get.

789shadow

Banned
One thing I really dislike about Fairy Tail is how the villains always do stupid stuff that's made to make us hate them, except it's -so- in your face and put on that I just rage at the manga instead. It makes me wonder though, who are the best rage-inducing villains and characters in manga?

I'm not talking about characters that are rage-inducing for the wrong reasons: Sasuke, nanamine, etc.

Nor characters that are -meant- to induce the rage they do, but we hate them because it's just pointless and nothing anyone would want (most FT villains, Nakai)

I'm specifically talking about villains or characters that are clearly well-writen and realistic where the awful shit they pull makes your blood boil, but at the same time you grudgingly admit that they're pretty darn epic or amazing characters. They're just amazing characters you wish dead.

Anyone got characters that fit this description?
Arlong, Crocodile, Eneru.

Crocodile especially, he's one of those villains whose plan is so good you almost root for him to succeed.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
At the same time I'm not sure what to think when a series "Scientists" are all .. well, horrid creatures that are almost demonic in how creepy their research ideas get.

That's probably due to Kubo's favourism for the archetype. He's stated Aizen and Mayuri are his favourite males. At least we have Urahara though.

Fairy Tail

Pretty good chapter for highlighting many key characters that we care about. Gray and Lyon, if they fight, should be pretty amazing. Hopefully Juvia and Shelia get pushed to the background. Laxus, Jura ought to be yet another interesting arena which will look good once the anime gets there. Lastly the dragonslayer v dragonslayer fight...could it possibly reach the same level as Natsus? May be hard as Sting and Natsu were already the two best and strongest dragonslayers in the series. Otherwise 10000 dragons...Wow where are all the other dragonslayers, we need a dragonslayer arc.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Defective Dogs v1-2 (end)
tumblr_mh6yb7mEjr1qbxqfpo1_500.png

It gave me some feelings of nostalgia, modern warfare 2 was the first fps I ever bought and played, really tough and hard but I liked the characters. Roach needed much more time in this as he had such good design and that panel. Such a tragic fate in game. Military black ops stuff and essentially soap's bad luck with constantly getting caught and interrogated to extract information. Ghost was quite helpful and delivered a powerful final chapter to help Soap get over his frustrations. Liked that smirk when he moves half his mask, was most memorable. If only there were more.

I know most people here hate him, but I liked how gleefully over-the-top Caeser. Every chapter in Punk Hazard just had to have an example of him being evil. If he had a mustache he would have never stopped twirling it.

789shadow

Banned
I know most people here hate him, but I liked how gleefully over-the-top Caeser. Every chapter in Punk Hazard just had to have an example of him being evil. If he had a mustache he would have never stopped twirling it.
It helps that he got punched by Luffy a million times with great faces.

Kusagari

I actually liked Caesar a lot. And the faces he made were hilarious. Definitely the best since the time skip. He just overstayed his welcome by taking a million attacks from Luffy and not staying down.

bigkrev

Fairy Tail

It gave me some feelings of nostalgia, modern warfare 2 was the first fps I ever bought and played, really tough and hard but I liked the characters. Roach needed much more time in this as he had such good design and that panel. Such a tragic fate in game. Military black ops stuff and essentially soap's bad luck with constantly getting caught and interrogated to extract information. Ghost was quite helpful and delivered a powerful final chapter to help Soap get over his frustrations. Liked that smirk when he moves half his mask, was most memorable. If only there were more.

This is why DTL is the best poster. I can't believe this exists. Did even 2000 people in Japan play MW2?

Summary of what happened? I'm curious now.

Someone went on a huge (drunk) rant, about how Sony, PlayStation and 3D + Move would be the future of gaming and what of a visionary he was and things like that. This was in 2010, which means 3D and Move was kind of a hot topic, so maybe you can imagine the reactions.

After a while, he got really angry, because no one really agreed with him

I made a thread and I didn't expect a bunch of idiots to understand the beauty of what's happening. Narrow sighted people can't see past their nose.

Youu must be a visionary to see past the technology and understand what the tech is capable of. So I forgive those who comment in its elementary stage. You can't see and for that I apologize.

so all I could say to that was:

mascot-14.gif

to which he responted with:

I like that gif, now show me what you are capable of. You cookie cutter mother fucker, you're just like the rest of these dudes safe moist as dudes.

and got banned for that.

Someone made the avatar and I took it.

Like most of these stories, it's pretty boring out of context. The thread is still there, but the pictures don't work anymore, because Tinyurl got banned.

Here's the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21566696

upandaway

Onepunch-man ex2

Hahahaha. I expected that to be a hint towards a "real reason" he got strong, but guess not! Amazing.

I love pull cord man, this manga is so silly.

Fairy Tail

Can't wait to see the ridiculous way they'll solve this apocalypse!!

Kurita

WHAT
THE
FUCK

upandaway

TWGOK

Good catch on the fact their parents are also here. That would have flown right past me.

I also immediately thought about this being connected to Mio-dad's death but, I'm not sure that's possible, or rather I'm sure it's not possible. This is the True End route, but it also connects to the future we know, so the dad dies either way. If the dad's death is related to the devils, that means Keima will have to deliberately cause him to die (that includes just not helping him survive). There's just no way.

Akito

Not sure .. it might be safe to know what they are discussing before we make that assumption.
I assume they are all buddies/allies in the fight against Vintage if they were holding a meeting at this point. But as Ignis said, it might be too long ago for him to die shortly.

TWGOK

Good catch on the fact their parents are also here. That would have flown right past me.

I also immediately thought about this being connected to Mio-dad's death but, I'm not sure that's possible, or rather I'm sure it's not possible. This is the True End route, but it also connects to the future we know, so the dad dies either way. If the dad's death is related to the devils, that means Keima will have to deliberately cause him to die (that includes just not helping him survive). There's just no way.

Kill the father, make out with the daughter, I like this theory...

Except it's contradicted by Chapter 4 Page 4 (3) Panel 2 First Bubble. Too bad. Would've been fun.

I assume they are all buddies/allies in the fight against Vintage if they were holding a meeting at this point. But as Ignis said, it might be too long ago for him to die shortly.

Yeah he died a year before the main storyline began.

Stinky

TWGOK

Good chapter, liked all the silly stuff at the beginning. I feel like finally the author is taking more advantage of the time travel aspect with Mio and her dad. Oh and Yui.

upandaway

TWGOK

Kill the father, make out with the daughter, I like this theory...

Except it's contradicted by Chapter 4 Page 4 (3) Panel 2 First Bubble. Too bad. Would've been fun.
Remembering the whole setup for the arc made me love it all over again. Oh man. I really like this.

Too bad it seems like the whole VN business seems to be over, but it was nice while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom